Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Till Troll

Volks 1/6 elegant bodies

Till Troll

Hello. Does anyone know where I can find a picture of the internal frame of the seamless Volks Elegant body series? I’ve picked up some from MANDARAKE (custom Dragon Half Mink and Slayers Naga incoming) and I don’t want to break them.

I’ve checked most of my old doll magazines and although I found an announcement of the bodies, no such luck with a picture of the internal frame.

meteorite

I did a quick search in Japanese and it turns out the website for that line is still up!

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/27cm_dollfie/body04ebb.html

To answer your question... the only place I could find information about how the Elegant body works was dolliehsanctuary. One of the commenters says the body's internal is entirely wire instead of having a proper skeleton and a lot of others allude to it. Lots of them also mention rebodying the dolls to Obitsu bodies or other 27cm Volks bodies

https://dolliehsanctuary.com/sanctuary/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=831

I also have an elegant body with both knees snapped. No splitting on them yet on the vinyl, but I'd like to note there's massive mold seam lines on it and the ones I've seen in the stores have them too. It's not shown in the pictures on the site (not finding my photos of it atm). I've managed to sand some of it down with some light sand paper however, but not fully. The body can't stand very well or sit, so I'd probably at least recommend a stand if you do go with it. I think the reason is that the body is done with straight wire, unlike barbies with have a plastic joint inside their leg (the popping sound/feeling is actually the joint mechanism).

The Elegant seem like bendy toys to me. They're nice....enough...but seem like Gumby after a while. Also, because they're so 'rubbery', they STICK to everything and dust sticks to them, too! Also, clothing is REALLY hard to get on and off the Elegant bodies because of their 'stickiness.' I recommend them only if your doll has a swimsuit outfit and doesn't want any joints to show. I have hundreds of Volks dolls and for my own dolls (not commissions where they requested the Elegant), only keep one of the Elegant bodies for sizing purposes for commissioned outfits. (I try to keep at least one of each type of 1/6 body available so when someone commissions an outfit for a specific body, I have it available to size on ^^)

• Thanks 1

Cydril

Can confirm, elegant bodies just use wire frames. To me theyre impractical because you have to heat them up to get them to do any significant posing, and they dont look very natural in the default pose. They do get sticky too but at least theyre easy to wash.

Tasuke
Posted (edited)

my 20-odd year-old VOLKS UFS "To Heart" Multi Karusugawa began life with a 21/22cm. EB body...

She transferred Beautifully (YMMV) to a modern OBITSU 26cm.

To_Heart_Multi_HMX_12_VOLKS_Ultimate_Fig

To_Heart_Multi_HMX-12_VOLKS_Ultimate_Fig

Multi_Karusegawa_9-21-23_3a_RESIZE_35.pn

Multi_Karusugawa_Miko_4-13-24_RESIZE_50.

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png