Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
ClockworkAngel

Changing neckpiece on DDS to Obitsu neckpiece?

ClockworkAngel

Hi dear Everyone~!

I'm Silvee, or Clockwork Angel as people know me on Flickr and DOA, and allthough I'm already in the BJD hobby since 2002 I'm a complete blundering novice to vinyl dolls..

I recently aquired an Azone 48 Mikuru head only, and I really wish to have her on a Dollfie Dream Sister body eventually.

So here rises my question, can any obitsu neckpiece fit onto the DDS body? If so, which size should I get, and how does one remove the original ribbed neckpiece off of the DDS body..?

So sorry if this already has been asked before, I couldn't find it anywhere..

Thank you so much in advance for reading this!

Hugsss!

Silvee

Saluli

I already saw tutorials on how to put an DD head on a obitsu, but never the other way...

I am sure that if there is a way, everyone will try to help finding it!

Summon ritual is over. And finally complete.

ClockworkAngel

Thank you so much Saluli!

I did see that tutorial, but it indeed is the other way 'round.

I hope too that somebody can help. *^____^*

ClockworkAngel

Thank you so much! But that isn't really what I mean, allthough the bottle cap idea they mention seems friendlier every minute.

Kumi

I think the ultimate know-it-all scientist in the Obitsu vinyl department is K-2, owner of MADH Vinyl website

You can find him on DoA and Dollieh Sanctuary, and he posted some info about Obitsu/DD2 hybrids.

Getting an Obitsu head on a DD2 body can be done without any cutting or gluing, just a little part swapping.

Remove the neck attachment part from the DD2 skeleton. You'll have to remove the bust vinyl to do this. While the bust is off the body, insert an Obitsu neck piece into the DD2 neck. It's a tight fit but with a little coaxing and patience, it will fix. I recommend using the neck piece from the Obitsu 50cm body. It's the same diameter and head attachment as the 60cm, it's just not as long as the regular 60cm neck piece and doesn't have the ribbing. With the neck piece in place, reassemble the DD2 body. Now you can attach the Obitsu head as normal. The Obitsu neck piece won't attach to the DD2 skeleton but the vinyl is more than strong enough to support the head. You won't be able to bend the neck/shoulder joint and have it hold, but that would require a lot more modding.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?243454-Obitsu-General-Discussion-(60cm-50cm-and-40cm)&p=7314785&viewfull=1#post7314785

The downside is, You will lose part of the DD neck mobility.

BTW Imo the head might look smallish on the DDS body. Obitsu 48/50 are slimmer than DD/DDS.

ClockworkAngel

Thank you SO much Kumi!!!!

I think the size will be OK, I measured the head against my BJD Soony's head who is 1/3 in size, and they're almost the same size so I think she will look fine on DDS.