Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Mayuri

Azone and Obitsu hybrid?

Mayuri

Hello

A while ago I got an Azone Pure Neemo Illya, she's on the "Advance" flesh color body and since then I've been looking into a new body for her. Apparently the only option would be the Flection S or Flection XS body due to her skin color but I don't really like the posing of that one either (my Fate Testarossa Pure Neemo is on that). 

So I've been looking into Obitsu. 

Does someone have examples of how an Advance/Flection XS/S head would look on an Obitsu 22cm body and how well skin colors match? I don't really want to order blind so if someone has advice on it I'd appreciate it! 

chef_mai

I own an XS pure neemo character doll and an Obitsu 24, so I can answer the skin color part. They won't match. It's quite a bit of a difference with the pure neemo being more peachy in color. That said, if the doll is clothed, you might not notice that much of a difference.

I'm more concerned about the size difference. They are both in the same size bracket, but clothes compatibility in 1/6 dolls is a lot iffier than it is for 1/4 and 1/3. If you want the Obitsu to wear the same clothes that your character doll came with, I don't think it'll work well since those outfits are sized exactly for the PN body they came with.

Mayuri
21 minutes ago, chef_mai said:

I own an XS pure neemo character doll and an Obitsu 24, so I can answer the skin color part. They won't match. It's quite a bit of a difference with the pure neemo being more peachy in color. That said, if the doll is clothed, you might not notice that much of a difference.

I'm more concerned about the size difference. They are both in the same size bracket, but clothes compatibility in 1/6 dolls is a lot iffier than it is for 1/4 and 1/3. If you want the Obitsu to wear the same clothes that your character doll came with, I don't think it'll work well since those outfits are sized exactly for the PN body they came with.

Thank you for the information! 

I was checking the sizes and the PN is listed as 21-21,5cm so I thought the 22cm Obitsu might work but you're right that the clothes are really tightly fitted... Maybe I'll need to look for someone that owns an Obitsu22 and can give me exact measurements to compare 

It's just a bit frustrating to not find a better moving body for Illya but I guess in worst case I'll have to go with the flection body since this is supposed to fit well 

plasticyears

Congrats on getting Illya, the paint work on her eyes is very pretty imo. 

Could you get her one of the Pureneemo 2 bodies?

Feel body
Emotion body

Both are newer releases and pose very well. The only thing is, Azone seems to have order periods for different skin tones and body types, so you may have to wait a little while before ordering. If you don't feel like waiting you could buy secondhand from one of the Azone Facebook groups, or from a Japanese site like Mercari. 

Here is a comparison that includes S Flection and S Emotion. If you scroll down this page, you will see lots of Azone's own photos, comparisons and measurements with the bodies. 

Hope this helps! :') 

Mayuri
21 hours ago, plasticyears said:

Congrats on getting Illya, the paint work on her eyes is very pretty imo. 

Could you get her one of the Pureneemo 2 bodies?

Feel body
Emotion body

Both are newer releases and pose very well. The only thing is, Azone seems to have order periods for different skin tones and body types, so you may have to wait a little while before ordering. If you don't feel like waiting you could buy secondhand from one of the Azone Facebook groups, or from a Japanese site like Mercari. 

Here is a comparison that includes S Flection and S Emotion. If you scroll down this page, you will see lots of Azone's own photos, comparisons and measurements with the bodies. 

Hope this helps! :') 

Thank you for the comparison links! 

I actually wanted the Feel body (not too happy with how the emotion looks) but it was apparently only produced in White skin and Illya is Flesh skin 😭 Apparently only the Flection would fit her skin tone from what I was told 

plasticyears
16 minutes ago, Mayuri said:

Thank you for the comparison links! 

I actually wanted the Feel body (not too happy with how the emotion looks) but it was apparently only produced in White skin and Illya is Flesh skin 😭 Apparently only the Flection would fit her skin tone from what I was told 

That's so annoying 😭 and who knows when/if Azone will do another preorder in flesh. Are the aesthetics of the emotion a deal breaker for you? I admit, it's not my favourite body appearance wise but it does pose really nicely and the added movement makes it fun to play with. 

Mayuri
12 minutes ago, plasticyears said:

That's so annoying 😭 and who knows when/if Azone will do another preorder in flesh. Are the aesthetics of the emotion a deal breaker for you? I admit, it's not my favourite body appearance wise but it does pose really nicely and the added movement makes it fun to play with. 

Not completely a deal breaker but the hip joint and how the legs are done makes me worry about stability (like, standing without a stand) 

• Like 1

plasticyears
On 3/13/2024 at 12:43 PM, Mayuri said:

Not completely a deal breaker but the hip joint and how the legs are done makes me worry about stability (like, standing without a stand) 

I haven't really had any trouble with mine, but I wouldn't trust any of my Azone bodies to remain standing on their own for long periods of time. Anyway, I hope you can find a body for her that you're happy with