Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Konosuba: DD Aqua

Monty
Posted (edited)

She was actually announced about a week ago in a members only post, but the official photo is out now.

According to the blog post (edit: and the text at the bottom of the image), Aqua is the result of the DD survey held for the anniversary. (The DD part, anyway - I hope they have a separate release for the MDD/DDS/DDDy/DDP survey, since it was a separate survey after all)

https://x.com/volks_dd/status/1765950570152517641?s=46&t=4p5nRrsi9Bdrs_0lk7Ex6w

IMG_9109.jpeg.dbc7c437e5eb0c16013d883a9ac04119.jpeg

She looks a bit conventional to me as far as recent DDs go but she matches well with Megumin. Also, is that a new hand part..?

Edited by Monty
  • Like 5

Deaknaew
Posted (edited)

Base on survey? Look like they already planned

if they tell Frieren is base on survey is more reliable.

Edited by Deaknaew

Monty
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Deaknaew said:

if they tell Frieren is base on survey is more reliable.

This survey finished several months before the Frieren anime even aired. (It went up almost a year ago today, actually) The manga was clearly popular too, but nowhere near its massive current popularity from the anime. So I don’t think a lot of people would have been requesting her then.

I saw a lot of people asking where Aqua was when Megumim was announced, so I don’t doubt she got a lot of requests, whether she’s the ‘real’ winner or not.

If you mean you’re disappointed cos she seemed too obvious a future release, then tbh I can’t disagree with you because I also hoped the survey would result in a character from a new series (although a character from something they already had the license to probably greatly expedited the process) but I also can’t disagree with the fact that fans requested her.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

BeyondTime

Wow, I'm thrilled about this, and she looks like a pretty good representation of the character; at least around the eyes. The lower part of her face should be narrower, but I don't think that would really work in a DD. Her skirt is a bit too long, but there was no way Volks was going to make it to the character's spec XD. 

Now, for the $64,000 question, does she come with underwear? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

kurimu

She looks very cute! I'll be interested to see how the wig looks in the back since the loop in her hairstyle seems like it could be difficult to maintain.

Heartplace

She is super adorable, they did an amazing job with her face! I'd almost get her for that reason, but the blue eyebrows limit her potential for me. I have to admit, a part of me was really hoping for something from a new series and not one they delved into before. DD is the category winner I was most interested in. I hope they reveal the other winners soon. I also hope they sell that hand separately lol!

313C7

I had her on my long list of future customs to plan for so I'm very happy to see an official DD for her.

3 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Wow, I'm thrilled about this, and she looks like a pretty good representation of the character; at least around the eyes. The lower part of her face should be narrower, but I don't think that would really work in a DD. Her skirt is a bit too long, but there was no way Volks was going to make it to the character's spec XD.

I will want to see more of her photos, but based on the one we have, I agree. Maybe its just the angle, but she seems to have chubbier cheeks than her original art.
As for her skirt, if it is as long as it appears then maybe I'll have someone hem it a bit shorter.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Heartplace said:

I have to admit, a part of me was really hoping for something from a new series and not one they delved into before.

Konosuba was pretty certain to see more characters. We might see Darkness at some point too, but she'd probably be in the $1000 range if they do make her, and that might limit her marketability if her popularity isn't high enough.

She is blond, and has big boobs; historically that does seem to translate into high sales for Volks, so there is that.

What face-up would she get? Volks likes cute, but Darkness needs something like: 

IMG_1352.jpeg.ac65eaf5ef0e44f1f701eab33287abf3.jpeg

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

lunarlemons
On 3/8/2024 at 12:35 PM, BeyondTime said:

Konosuba was pretty certain to see more characters. We might see Darkness at some point too, but she'd probably be in the $1000 range if they do make her, and that might limit her marketability if her popularity isn't high enough.

She is blond, and has big boobs; historically that does seem to translate into high sales for Volks, so there is that.

What face-up would she get? Volks likes cute, but Darkness needs something like: 

IMG_1352.jpeg.ac65eaf5ef0e44f1f701eab33287abf3.jpeg

Omg yes we need a darkness to complete the trio~

lunarlemons

I need aqua! She’s so pretty ╥﹏╥

Monty
Posted (edited)

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/special/konosuba/dd_aqua.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=sns&utm_campaign=DD

Aqua site is up.

She’s on a new body! ‘DD Base Body 2.0 f3’, so it’s the DD version of the new MDD body. You can see her doing that lying-on-belly-looking-up pose.

The Dolpa after event is on the 4th of May.

Edited by Monty

Deaknaew
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Monty said:

Aqua site is up.

White panties included.

also surprised that L size

Edited by Deaknaew

BeyondTime

White panties included.

Of all the dolls they include underwear with, they pick the one who famously goes without. 😅

Meanwhile, Rei Hino? Commando...

53581274753_7e08423f13_6k.jpgRei Parasol-2564.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

Seriously though, I am glad she includes panties. XD

• Like 3

Heartplace
8 hours ago, Monty said:

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/special/konosuba/dd_aqua.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=sns&utm_campaign=DD

Aqua site is up.

She’s on a new body! ‘DD Base Body 2.0 f3’, so it’s the DD version of the new MDD body. You can see her doing that lying-on-belly-looking-up pose.

The Dolpa after event is on the 4th of May.

Wow, she is so adorable! The new body is also super fascinating. I'm looking forwards to owners comparison photos for possibility. I'm relieved I want to pass on her though since she's Dolpa only. Although I'm guessing she may get sold online for the after event much like Miku NT and Frieren?

313C7
On 3/8/2024 at 11:01 AM, 313C7 said:

I will want to see more of her photos, but based on the one we have, I agree. Maybe its just the angle, but she seems to have chubbier cheeks than her original art.

Looked over the additional photos and I still think her cheeks are slightly chubby, but they aren't as bad as the first photo made it seem. It is a cute face.

On 3/8/2024 at 11:01 AM, 313C7 said:

As for her skirt, if it is as long as it appears then maybe I'll have someone hem it a bit shorter.

Thankfully it seems her outer skirt is close to the canonical length. The under skirt is definitely too long. Should be fixable by just shifting it further up her body or maybe hemming it up under.

Overall, I think she looks great and I will definitely be ordering her. Fingers crossed its a preorder.

Monty
4 hours ago, Heartplace said:

I'm relieved I want to pass on her though since she's Dolpa only. Although I'm guessing she may get sold online for the after event much like Miku NT and Frieren?

She isn’t Dolpa only - the After Event date is even given (4th of May). There isnt much sales info yet but there usually isn’t at this stage, although typically the after event dolls go on sale online as a firsrt come first serve sale.

Deaknaew
10 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Of all the dolls they include underwear with, they pick the one who famously goes without. 😅

Meanwhile, Rei Hino? Commando..

Seriously though, I am glad she includes panties. XD

Not sure how they determine which one have or have not to include.

also Anya picture is misleading but was fixed in shop only, website still wrong. 

BeyondTime

Not sure how they determine which one have or have not to include.

I'm sure it's based on what makes sense to include in an outfit set for a doll. I just think a pair of white underwear should always be included even if it doesn't make sense as a part of an outfit. It makes it possible for the doll to wear other outfits in the future.

Galvatim
9 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I'm sure it's based on what makes sense to include in an outfit set for a doll. I just think a pair of white underwear should always be included even if it doesn't make sense as a part of an outfit. It makes it possible for the doll to wear other outfits in the future.

It's even more frustrating, given the Sailor Senshi school uniforms don't include panties either.  It comes off as a cash grab from Volks.  Kind of like getting a new DD and realizing you need a headcap to go under the wig.  

BeyondTime
5 hours ago, Galvatim said:

It's even more frustrating, given the Sailor Senshi school uniforms don't include panties either.  It comes off as a cash grab from Volks.

They do want to sell underwear, but I think the Lingerie Box stuff they sell is different from the basic white panties that most dolls come with. The basic ones are just underpants and not lingerie. I see those as more of a fundamental modesty thing that should be included with a doll. I am pretty sure including the basics wouldn't stop people from buying frilly pink or lacy black panties as options. 

They could just sell the white ones separately too, like a head cap, I'd honestly be ok with that. 

I'm more inclined to think that not including things like head caps or underwear is a cost and resource thing. Why include something that increases costs and might not be used, and why consume materials if it's not needed on a limited doll that may only be displayed in its default. It's just that I'm thinking of it more like a hobbiest, and right out of the box my girls always go with:

53583827249_ee0b68248f_k.jpgUsagi Tsukino - Underwear Now.jpg by Cult-Of-Athena - Info Photos & Photo Stories, on Flickr

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Giragira

I suppose the lack underwear thing might be a way to encourage people to buy the "fancy" lingerie kind? 

But maybe it's just a hold over from general doll selling? For example I don't know if any dolls in the US come with underwear at all. Barbie, Bratz, Monster High etc. Though those are usually for a general market so I understand why they wouldn't include them. But I don't think even the high fashion lines of those dolls come with underwear? I could be wrong. 

Then again these are a Japanese brand and I don't know if dolls in Japan generally come with undies. I don't own any Licca or Jenny dolls. Sorry I'm getting off topic, but it is odd that even with very ornate dolls like these underwear is (generally) still seen as an extra.

Tasuke
On 3/12/2024 at 2:38 PM, Giragira said:

I suppose the lack underwear thing might be a way to encourage people to buy the "fancy" lingerie kind? 

But maybe it's just a hold over from general doll selling? For example I don't know if any dolls in the US come with underwear at all. Barbie, Bratz, Monster High etc. Though those are usually for a general market so I understand why they wouldn't include them. But I don't think even the high fashion lines of those dolls come with underwear? I could be wrong. 

Then again these are a Japanese brand and I don't know if dolls in Japan generally come with undies. I don't own any Licca or Jenny dolls. Sorry I'm getting off topic, but it is odd that even with very ornate dolls like these underwear is (generally) still seen as an extra.

They Usually Do, actually. Western-Market Dolls, - Barbie and the like - however, generally come with molded-on Panties, if any at all

• Like 1

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

BeyondTime
On 3/12/2024 at 2:38 PM, Giragira said:

It's really more about the outfit the doll comes with. If lack of underwear would be immodest she'll come with, so if she comes with a dress she'll come with underwear. What was frustrating about the Sailor Senshi was they came with outfits that were based on a leotard with a short skirt so panties weren't needed. All their extra outfits were skirt style outfits and did not include underwear, so those sweet innocent girls were all commando under their skirts, and Rei's was a mini-skirt. 

I did a short photo story poking fun of that. 

• Haha 2

Giragira

Gosh Ah you're right I forgot about the molded on panties. I'm showing my age, the Barbies I played with were sometimes older and didn't have those.

And omg you're right without any anime magic those skirts are waaaaay too short to have without panties!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Xiongmao

We like smiley DD in this household and the girls are bugging me to acquire an Aqua. I think if my Miku and Kizuna had a kid, she would look like Aqua. I've told them we'll wait and see if she appears in the Volks store. After the NT mishap we're a bit more wary of scalpers.

As to pantsu, I reckon Kirika Towa Alma has the cutest pair of default outfit pantsu. Maybe she'll show them off here sometime 😊.

Smiley girls Uzuki Shimamura and Kizuna AI...

spacer.png

• Like 2

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.