Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Konosuba: DD Aqua

ragnamuffin

At least they can’t get away with pretending they’re “discontinuing” the body this time 🙄

BeyondTime
Just now, ragnamuffin said:

At least they can’t get away with pretending they’re “discontinuing” the body this time 🙄

I can't read Japanese, but from the English translations it didn't sound like MDD was being discontinued. They said production was halted, but stay tuned for future product news. I do recall people worrying about that though. 

I am curious if they will release DD 2.0 base bodies with DDS 2.0, or do we wait until a limited DDS gets the body to get DDS 2.0. It seems really unlikely they won't upgrade DDS, they seem very popular.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

ragnamuffin
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I can't read Japanese, but from the English translations it didn't sound like MDD was being discontinued. They said production was halted, but stay tuned for future product news. I do recall people worrying about that though.

It said ‘end of production’ (生産終了), which was left intentionally vague so people would rush to buy up all their leftover stock, which is exactly what happened. The Japanese doll community on Twitter had a collective meltdown about it, so it wasn’t clear that there would be a successor to the body even in Japanese.

Edit: The machine translation literally has it as ‘discontinuation’ 💀 

Edited by ragnamuffin

BeyondTime
10 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

It said ‘end of production’ (生産終了), which was left intentionally vague so people would rush to buy up all their leftover stock, which is exactly what happened.

I figured you'd know exactly how the characters read. I guess I thought it was so unlikely I never read "end of production" as "MDD is going away." I don't blame them for wanting the stock gone. 2.0 was so cute, they would have had a hard time selling leftover 1.0 bodies.

10 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

The Japanese doll community on Twitter had a collective meltdown about it

I'll bet they did. XD

MDD always seemed very popular in Japan.

• Haha 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, 313C7 said:

Definitely want to know if this will be available to international owners. I remember my original Miku came with a form for a wig but at the time it was limited to Japan owners.

I’m really curious about this too. For the past few years, when you buy a Super Dollfie, it comes with a form/link to order hand parts (and for girls the high heel leg parts, or normal legs if they come with the heel legs already on), and these are available for everyone - the form has a QR code that takes you to a hidden shop page where you can add to cart. I think back when Miku came out, it was a paper form that had to be either mailed or given directly to Volks staff, right? (At least it was like that with a SD I got in 2017, but luckily I was in Japan at the time) I’ve never heard of being able to get an entire body as an owner order bonus, so I hope it’s similar to the SD parts in that there isn’t any regional restriction nowadays.

I guess we’ll find out when people start receiving her!  

edit: re the discontinuation thing - technically they weren’t wrong because mDD f3 -was- discontinued, and I never really thought it was gone for good or a tactic to drive sales given that they did say in the same press release to look forward for updates, which implied a replacement coming. However…they definitely could have announced the new body -before- announcing the discontinuation to reduce all that speculation, especially since a lot of people only saw the headline and never read the actual press release, so they probably didn’t want to cause the same panic again.

Edited by Monty

Xiongmao

I had a mini-meltdown when the MDD discontinuation was announced and ended up getting Rena Ryugu as I thought MDD were about to disappear off the face of the earth 😪.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.