Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Konosuba: DD Aqua

SonataAvalon
Posted (edited)
On 3/12/2024 at 5:38 PM, Giragira said:

But maybe it's just a hold over from general doll selling? For example I don't know if any dolls in the US come with underwear at all. Barbie, Bratz, Monster High etc. Though those are usually for a general market so I understand why they wouldn't include them. But I don't think even the high fashion lines of those dolls come with underwear? I could be wrong. 

Not even these dolls have them, but the underwear is built into the doll.

Also, they no longer sell Bratz anymore in the U.S, though I really don't have an opinion about that fact though. 

Edited by SonataAvalon
Thought more about it.

PlasticJester

Aqua's lack of, um.....unmentionables is kind of a plot point/recurring joke, from what I know of the series? So it is a bit funny she comes with them when a lot of collab dolls don't. But it's not like a single pair of underwear will significantly add to the fullset price, so it's just something kinda comedic to note for silly blue anime crybaby. That said, given the choice, would much rather a fullset doll came with a bodysuit or wigcap that will likely get used rather with underwear that is sort of optional.

395895163_DollGroupPixel.png.2e3e4b229f96b86eed9347c93eb5864c.png

ragnamuffin

Can I just say I think it’s hilarious that they have a note on her advertisement mentioning that no water actually comes out of her fans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

313C7

Maybe we're overthinking it. The panties aren't for her... but for us to pretend we have the Steal skill.

• Haha 2

BeyondTime
5 hours ago, 313C7 said:

Maybe we're overthinking it. The panties aren't for her... but for us to pretend we have the Steal skill.

That's what Megumin's were for. 

• Haha 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

SonataAvalon
6 hours ago, 313C7 said:

The panties aren't for her... but for us to pretend we have the Steal skill.

Now you're thinking like Subaru!

Xiongmao

Are they only releasing Aqua this time? I thought last year they released both Shin Sato and Ciel?

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Xiongmao said:

Are they only releasing Aqua this time? I thought last year they released both Shin Sato and Ciel?

Usually there are two DD, but not always. I think the first Dolpa of the year, it is often just one DD

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty

I just assumed production was currently preoccupied with all those MikuNTs (especially all the Dolpa preorders) so a single DD release was easier. But the surprise for me was actually that this release was Aqua and not the FF14 twins - only because I think this is the first time we’ve ever seen actual prototypes of dolls this far in advance. Announcements a doll is happening can come a year or more in advance, sure, but typically when you actually see the prototype it’s the doll that’s coming next (or up for preorder).

I know it’s because they wanted to show them off at FanFest and all but it’s interesting to think about how early or late some prototypes may be ready, because we probably don’t see most of them until certain times even if they’ve been ready a good while.

BeyondTime
6 hours ago, Monty said:

Aqua and not the FF14 twins - only because I think this is the first time we’ve ever seen actual prototypes of dolls this far in advance.

They could be the next pre-order project. I know it's unusual to have such an early reveal, but if SE mandated it they'd do it. 

cluffy

might just be me, but her face sculpt really reminds me of ddh-14... very similar chin/cheek and mouth shape!! even though i've never seen a single second of konosuba, i've always thought aqua's design was very cute in figure form, and her dd is no exception.. i love how smiley her dd is! :3

• Like 1

howasaur
On 3/17/2024 at 4:53 PM, SonataAvalon said:

Not even these dolls have them, but the underwear is built into the doll.

Also, they no longer sell Bratz anymore in the U.S, though I really don't have an opinion about that fact though. 

FYI I’ve seen normal Bratz and Kylie Jenner Bratz at stores.

I like the way she looks! Curious to learn more about the new body.

I’ll actually be in Tokyo when they’re having Dollpa, but I don’t plan to attend and I personally would probably get another Dream Choice before buying a character doll.

• Like 1

SonataAvalon
10 hours ago, howasaur said:

FYI I’ve seen normal Bratz and Kylie Jenner Bratz at stores.

Oh? It must be just Michigan not selling them at all, cause they just don't exist in our state anymore. 

313C7

Her listing is now on the Volks international page. 68,000 yen base price. 74,800 yen with tax.

Sales info on the Dolpa page. Just says "Cart Sale" so I'm assuming that means a limited first come first, served sale.

I've reserved time on my calendar for it. Really don't want to miss her.