Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Volks News 103

Monty
Posted (edited)

The issue has been out a for a while now but the new clothes now have a page on the online store, so I decided to make the thread.

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_240421_DP51/?SEARCH_MAX_ROW_LIST=30&item_list_mode=2&sort_order=1&request=page&next_page=1

To be honest not a lot of the new clothes interests me (there’s a few things reused from last April Dolpa release too), but what does interest me a lot is this:

spacer.pngspacer.pngIMG_0344.jpeg.8d7af51919ed9affe9693ab5ea12478d.jpeg

Finally, new non-limited hand parts! They’ll be for sale at the same time as the new clothes (4th of May) and are on page 3 of the shop link.

I love the book holding hands especially. And H14 looks like what Aqua had on her reveal pic.

The VS/VIP/GL-only item this time is a gothic parasol, and is available now until the end of May.

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992449050.html

Edited by Monty
  • Like 2

DesertPhantom51

Yeah, the last few collections of clothes haven't been to my taste, I've been wallet safe from volks for a while....  

>New hands

I'LL TAKE 2 FRESH AND 1 SEMI-WHITE OF EACH PLUS HAND PEGS NOW PLEASE!!!!

• Like 1

BeyondTime

I definitely want that parasol, and the new hands. A few of the outfits like the school sets are must haves, but it's kind of sad that the sneakers are SD size. Those are going to look oversized on a DD

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

SonataAvalon
31 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

it's kind of sad that the sneakers are SD size. Those are going to look oversized on a DD

Aren't the SD dolls made the same way? Like same size? Or am I crazy?

Also good afternoon, Beyond

kurimu

I wonder if the new hands will ever be released in tan as well? They look very nice and it's exciting to get some new options!

Yumeiro

Are the new bodies set to release at the same time? Have there been any word on that?

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, SonataAvalon said:

Aren't the SD dolls made the same way? Like same size? Or am I crazy?

I don't have an SD, but to my understanding the feet are SD16 size. Regardless of which SD size they match SD, the SD sized sneakers they have made before are out of scale with sneakers made specifically for DD. That said, doll does often seem to be a bit oversized, I believe because the doll feet are inflexible, so the shoe has to be a bit big. SD 16 sized heels are scaled perfectly for DD, DDS, DDDy, SDGr and SD16.

21 minutes ago, Yumeiro said:

Are the new bodies set to release at the same time? Have there been any word on that?

There is a release date, but I saw it on Facebook. Sorry, I don't recall what it was, but it is coming up.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

SonataAvalon
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

I don't have an SD, but to my understanding the feet are SD16 size. Regardless of which SD size they match SD, the SD sized sneakers they have made before are out of scale with sneakers made specifically for DD.

I don't own one either so I guess we're on the same page

I can understand what the choice is

"if it's this doll line do this" with dd's and "do that with the other." but I don't like if this is the case. 

Zai
1 hour ago, kurimu said:

I wonder if the new hands will ever be released in tan as well? They look very nice and it's exciting to get some new options!

Yeah, seriously thinking about learning to use my airbrush on vinyl (and not just gunpla, haha) so I can have some tan coloured parts a whole lot easier/cheaper. Some really cute hand styles there! 

Cute stuff! But apart from the sneakers (which sound like they won’t fit anyway?), not a whole lot that would go with anything I have planned for my dolls except for that gothic jacket which is naturally not DD sized… bummer! Good to see a decent amount of stuff for the boys though.
The jeans are nice but look a little baggy around the front? Either of the glasses would be good too but I just did a Volks order not long ago and don’t wanna place another one just for shoes and glasses. Keeping aside $$$ for the Hanami set and whenever they decide to drop the FF twins is burning my pocket pretty hard right now, lol, although sadly patience isn’t a virtue of mine and yes, I’ve possibly chosen the worst new-ish hobby for myself when it comes to patience. L-):lol:
But oh I love it so.

• Like 2

Vinyl friends: Stoli (DD Y’shtola), Raili, Yuzuha and Minami-senpai (Azone PureNeemo).
Future friends: DD Alisaie, DD Alphinaud, DD Icon and a TinyFox friend or two. 
Maybe future friends: DD 2B, DD 9S, DD Luka

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, Zai said:

But apart from the sneakers (which sound like they won’t fit anyway?),

They will go on the dolls feet, but most likely they will look oversized and be a loose fit. The loose fit can be an issue if you want the doll to stand on its own, but the oversized look can be minimized in photos by posing. 

It's not going to stop me from getting them because sneakers are a useful outfit item, but I wish they'd do some through their Tenshi-no-Koromo line.  

• Like 1

Giallo_Gatta

I might just have to snag the gold glasses... and perhaps a few other things... 😅

Zai
21 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

They will go on the dolls feet, but most likely they will look oversized and be a loose fit. The loose fit can be an issue if you want the doll to stand on its own, but the oversized look can be minimized in photos by posing. 

It's not going to stop me from getting them because sneakers are a useful outfit item, but I wish they'd do some through their Tenshi-no-Koromo line.  

Thanks for the further explanation, I admit I was a bit confused over the fit of some recent Volks shoes I got when the fullset shoes fit like a glove. They look cute but yeah, her feet look massive.

Now I keep going back to look at how good looking those sneakers actually are when I’d originally talked myself out of them, ahaha. Maybe I do need some glasses, an apron/cooking set and trousers too… 😂

Vinyl friends: Stoli (DD Y’shtola), Raili, Yuzuha and Minami-senpai (Azone PureNeemo).
Future friends: DD Alisaie, DD Alphinaud, DD Icon and a TinyFox friend or two. 
Maybe future friends: DD 2B, DD 9S, DD Luka

BeyondTime
20 minutes ago, Zai said:

Thanks for the further explanation, I admit I was a bit confused over the fit of some recent Volks shoes I got when the fullset shoes fit like a glove. They look cute but yeah, her feet look massive.

To be fair, it can be a bit hit and miss. I have some SD sizes shoes that do fit well, but some are just huge and the toes sit too far back.

I think the main difference is the flat feet vs. the heel leg feet. The heel legs have feet that are shorter lengthwise so DD wear them better.

I'll try to get some photos posted this weekend.

• Thanks 1

mizya

Very excited to see new hand parts, I just wish there was also larger versions available because for my boys and Dynamite girls I don't like the look of small hands. ^^; But hopefully eventually larger versions will follow. Seeing Meiko modelling the hands reminds me of my need for Meiko... >.< ❤️

I don't know why (okay I know why, I'm obsessed), but whatever outfits Volks models on Vocaloids, I always want them all lol. Now if only I could actually afford to buy them all! xD The panda outfit was a double trap because thumbnail only showed Rin, but then there was Len too. The twins always melt my heart~ 💕

My doll family: Umeko DDH-06 Megumi DDS Mariko Suiren DDdy Sheryl Nome Yuuri DDS Kagamine Rin Yuuya DDSb Kagamine Len ♥ Kanade DDdy Megurine Luka Miharu MDD Arle Nadja Rion DDb Kaito ♥ Enju MDD Marisa 
+ guardian to DD Y'shtola
My blogcarrd | instagram

Tira

The jeans and the casual outfits the Vocaloids are modeling look nice, but I think this model was what stood out to me the most. At first glance, I thought he was supposed to be Merlin from FGO. 

Heartplace

I'm in love with the pink set!! And I love how versatile it is with the add-on blouse and the skirt/short combo. I also adore the white cropped blouse, the 'Miku' shorts and t-shirt combo and of course the new hands! I'll definitely have lots to get my 'hands' on with this collection. Are we expecting it all to be released overtime through the Spring season?

MoiBakaDesu

Oh man, these hands are super cute. I hope they will get a big version at some point, then I would definitely get some for my boys.

CeliathePikachu
Posted (edited)

I wonder what the "FL" on the hands' designation means?

Edit: Wait, I forgot the skintone is Flesh now, and that's what that means

Edited by CeliathePikachu

Currently at home: Autumn (DD2 DDH-01), Sakura (MDD3 DDH-08), Haku (Mio Akiyama), Mashiro (Mashiro Mito), Kaito (Vocaloid KAITO)

Mashiro Mito is my wife and I love her!