Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

NeonCryptid

Hello!!! /|\ ^._.^ /|\

NeonCryptid

Hello! im Neon and im completely new to this hobby! 
I love and take care of different animals (including tarantulas and other bugs!!) 
My interest in this hobby started when i was younger but its honestly been very difficult to find a community to talk to aside from youtube (which isnt the best or most ideal tbh)
I have a really big interest in doll customization and art in general! 

If im being honest I really have no idea what im doing or where to really start, I don't own any dolls at all aside from like monsterhigh dolls and anime figures but those are definitely not the same.
I would love and appreciate any advice! im glad to be here and meet everyone!!

• Like 4

Giragira

Welcome! Where you start really counts on your price range and your location. Do you have your eye on a certain doll or brand?

NeonCryptid
34 minutes ago, Giragira said:

Welcome! Where you start really counts on your price range and your location. Do you have your eye on a certain doll or brand?

I'm located in the US and my current limit is about $175

Honestly I'm looking for a blank doll (no faceup/wig/clothes/etc) because I'd like to customize it myself! 

I am a particular fan of imomodoll and dollfie dream? (I think that's the name of the brand)

But I'm honestly open to anything if it fits within that price range, I am trying to avoid molded on hair if possible.

Thank you so much for your time!

Giragira

Okay with that info I'd say you could buy a new imomodoll. A dollfie dream would be harder to find and you'd most likely have to buy a used on on mercari or a similar site. Not eBay though they mark the price up so much there.

To just look around and see some dolls that are vinyl and different brands I'd reccomend looking on Jane's Dolland and FabricFriendsDolls. These websites that carrie quite a few dolls in stock and they're in the states so it wouldn't take a long time to be delivered to you. HOWEVER if you did find one you like there search the name and look around and see if you can find it cheaper and possibly from the company directly. (You can buy some of these dolls on their taobao shops but it might a little complicated if you're just getting started)

For Dollfie Dream Volks has a english website to order directly from as well.

Giragira

I'm not an authority or anything I'm also a newbie but I'm trying to think of things that helped me out lol. So take anything I say in a grain of salt.

NeonCryptid
1 hour ago, Giragira said:

I'm not an authority or anything I'm also a newbie but I'm trying to think of things that helped me out lol. So take anything I say in a grain of salt.

You have no idea how much you just helped me!!! 

I was literally about to buy a WAY overpriced imomodoll body from eBay!

I'll definitely be careful but you just helped me so much because I literally couldn't for the life of me find a website that sells dolls under $300 until you showed me the ones you recommended!!

You are a life saver so thank you So Much!!!

• Like 2

Giragira

Oh gosh you're very kind, thank you. It's no trouble at all and I'm so glad you found what you were looking for!

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Welcome and hopefully someday you'll welcome a DD into your household.

There are plenty of older and slightly unloved ones around. Stains can be removed and joints can be tightened. Buyee or Mandarake are good places to look for them (but there will be shipping and maybe import duties too).

As well as an extended doll family we also have a few pet praying mantises. Sometimes the dolls like to annoy the mantises.

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

SonataAvalon
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, NeonCryptid said:

If im being honest I really have no idea what im doing or where to really start, I don't own any dolls at all aside from like monsterhigh dolls and anime figures but those are definitely not the same.

Nice to meet you too, but, if I were to write an MLA formatted essay proving they are somewhat the same sound good? 

Edited by SonataAvalon

NeonCryptid
2 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Welcome and hopefully someday you'll welcome a DD into your household.

There are plenty of older and slightly unloved ones around. Stains can be removed and joints can be tightened. Buyee or Mandarake are good places to look for them (but there will be shipping and maybe import duties too).

As well as an extended doll family we also have a few pet praying mantises. Sometimes the dolls like to annoy the mantises.

Thank you so much!!

I'll definitely check those places out! I remember using Mandarake a few years ago to get a specific anime figure, but I honestly have no issues fixing up old dolls! I'm actually a fan of doing so!

AND THAT'S AWESOME!!! I've been looking into owning a mantis or two! I'm of course a sucker for orchid mantises and the little leaf ones! The way they sway is adorable!! 

• Like 1

NeonCryptid
1 hour ago, SonataAvalon said:

Nice to meet you too, but, if I were to write an MLA formatted essay proving they are somewhat the same sound good? 

Please do so!!

I will add real fast that I was saying that because in the past I have been chastised for trying to compare higher end dolls to "cheaper" dolls and I just didn't wanna run into that again ;w;

But I'm a complete sucker for essays comparing different things so Please go ahead!!

SonataAvalon
19 hours ago, NeonCryptid said:

Please do so!!

I will add real fast that I was saying that because in the past I have been chastised for trying to compare higher end dolls to "cheaper" dolls and I just didn't wanna run into that again ;w;

But I'm a complete sucker for essays comparing different things so Please go ahead!!

april 3 

see u then

• Like 1

Inolth

Hello! I've been into BJDs for a few years and admin a few fb groups, but am turning to vinyl dolls now!