Jump to content

puxlavoix

Politely Nefarious

AnnaNeko

Xiongmao

Mandie

BeyondTime

DesertPhantom51

F-15

sunlightandtea

ateliervanilla

The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Inolth

Purchased Anya on someone else's account

Recommended Posts

Inolth

Like the title says, I purchased Anya on my twins account. For whatever reason I was having a lot of trouble signing up so she offered her account. Now, fast forwards many months, I have cut my sister out of my life for being a narcissists that has stolen thousands of dollars from me (over a period of time), told massive lies about me, and used my precancer diagnosis as her own in order to get money. 

With that, I'm struggling to know (hope) If she will give me Anya. I paid for the doll outright using my own card and money. It's too late to dispute.  She has gotten upset with me and stated she was keeping Anya and laughed in my face about it. Then, later stated she would drop Anya off at my place of work whenever she arrived. But now I really just don't know because I refuse to talk to her and give her control over me. I don't know if I'm just out the $700 and have to hope I can get her for a reasonable price second hand in good condition or if maybe I can get her from my sister. I don't think she will be kind enough to just give me the doll I paid for after everything she has done and I really don't have anyplace or anyone I can ask for advice on this. I almost left the doll hobby for the fact that my sister stole so much money from me for $1400 (each) dolls and then sold those dolls for less than $200 (each)

 

Please let me know what you think I should do or what you would do. 

( I can't involve other family members as they think I'm lying even though i have proof)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Inolth said:

I paid for the doll outright using my own card and money.

If she refuses to hand it over, your only option is probably small claims court.

  • Like 6

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
plasticyears
Posted (edited)

I don't know if this would work at all, maybe not because of the account issue. But could you contact Volks at all and get them to update/change the delivery address somehow? I don't know if you'd need to access the account again to do this though, or if you would just need an order number and proof that your card is linked to you 😩 I'm sorry that you're going through this. 

Edited by plasticyears

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inolth
2 hours ago, plasticyears said:

I don't know if this would work at all, maybe not because of the account issue. But could you contact Volks at all and get them to update/change the delivery address somehow? I don't know if you'd need to access the account again to do this though, or if you would just need an order number and proof that your card is linked to you 😩 I'm sorry that you're going through this. 

I would have to be logged into the account, that's the first thing I tried lol. And it's okay, rough lesson to learn but I now know not to trust even family with expensive stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
plasticyears
8 hours ago, Inolth said:

I would have to be logged into the account, that's the first thing I tried lol. And it's okay, rough lesson to learn but I now know not to trust even family with expensive stuff.

Even if it seems unlikely currently, hope you can get her from your sister somehow. You deserve to have the doll you've paid for and waited for! 💖 Best of luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tokimemofan

This is literally what small claims court is for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inolth
1 minute ago, Tokimemofan said:

This is literally what small claims court is for.

Unfortunately that would cause a lot of family drama. I've decided to just let it be a loss and hopefully grab her secondhand. Just a hard lesson to learn, but I won't ever trust anyone on that level again lol 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tokimemofan
1 hour ago, Inolth said:

Unfortunately that would cause a lot of family drama. I've decided to just let it be a loss and hopefully grab her secondhand. Just a hard lesson to learn, but I won't ever trust anyone on that level again lol 

Just keep in mind that drama will almost certainly erupt at some point regardless, if you family is taking her side they most likely continue to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inolth
1 minute ago, Tokimemofan said:

if you family is taking her side they most likely continue to do so.

I know. It's something I've been struggling with, but I recently lost my brother and just don't think I can deal with be disowned over a doll anytime soon. Like if i gotta just shut up and take losing the doll/money to at least talk to me mom, its what i gotta do. It's unfair af, but I'm used to it. This post was kinda just me venting I guess cause I don't have anyone to talk to about it 🙃 😅.  

 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
condogenate
11 hours ago, Tokimemofan said:

This is literally what small claims court is for.

I would second this motion. The price of the doll would certainly be well under the limit and you're allowed to advocate for yourself—no lawyer required. Sounds like your family sucks, sue 'em.

  • Like 1

1301701242_Tanjiro1.png.fb1b896279755038112de341769cc085.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
teensybits

Can you dispute it with your credit card and get a refund that way? I know that'd mean no doll, but it's your sister's account that'd get banned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
teensybits
1 minute ago, teensybits said:

Can you dispute it with your credit card and get a refund that way? I know that'd mean no doll, but it's your sister's account that'd get banned.



On second thought: Volks is innocent in this, so don't do this. It's just scummy feeling since you did authorize the transaction and they will come through on their end.
(sorry, it wouldn't let me edit it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ragnamuffin

I’m assuming she locked you out of the account, but if not, is there any way for you to log back into the account just before she ships and change the address?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeyondTime
2 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

I’m assuming she locked you out of the account, but if not, is there any way for you to log back into the account just before she ships and change the address?

I would think if the account name and credit card were theirs, they could contact Volks and ask for the account password to be reset. 


The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ragnamuffin
2 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I would think if the account name and credit card were theirs, they could contact Volks and ask for the account password to be reset. 

They would probably send a password reset email to the registered email, unless she fibbed and said she no longer had access to that email account… If she can still access her sister’s Volks account, it might be best to lie low and do it discreetly so her sister doesn’t cotton on and lock her out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeyondTime
38 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

They would probably send a password reset email to the registered email, unless she fibbed and said she no longer had access to that email account… If she can still access her sister’s Volks account, it might be best to lie low and do it discreetly so her sister doesn’t cotton on and lock her out of it.

That's kind of what I am getting at. If her sister hijacked the account, I don't think it's a fib to say you don't have the password or email, but... only if the account belongs to the OP and not her sister. 


The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ragnamuffin
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

That's kind of what I am getting at. If her sister hijacked the account, I don't think it's a fib to say you don't have the password or email, but... only if the account belongs to the OP and not her sister. 

But that’s the whole problem—the account is her sister’s 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inolth
21 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

But that’s the whole problem—the account is her sister’s 😕

Yeah, it's my sister's account. I put my bank card on there to pay, but I have no way of accessing the account or the email account. I can't even dispute ad it's been so long and I did authorize the transaction. Like my only option is to let her have the doll without a fuss. This really was more of a vent post, I think, because there's not much I can really do at the moment. My mom controls my job - it's an incredibly good paying job, so if I upset her over "arguing over a doll" I will lose my income AND be disowned. Just a super bad situation. I realize there is nothing I can do and that's fine. The job I have allows me to pay bills AND be able to buy the things I want so I just need to be grateful for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
teensybits
Posted (edited)
On 6/30/2024 at 5:28 AM, Inolth said:

Yeah, it's my sister's account. I put my bank card on there to pay, but I have no way of accessing the account or the email account. I can't even dispute ad it's been so long and I did authorize the transaction. Like my only option is to let her have the doll without a fuss. This really was more of a vent post, I think, because there's not much I can really do at the moment. My mom controls my job - it's an incredibly good paying job, so if I upset her over "arguing over a doll" I will lose my income AND be disowned. Just a super bad situation. I realize there is nothing I can do and that's fine. The job I have allows me to pay bills AND be able to buy the things I want so I just need to be grateful for that. 

Where are you at? (Country, not like your home address).
If you are in the US and you are using USPS to have the doll shipped (EMS from Japan, priority from the US store) you can actually set it up with the post office to receive notice of incoming packages to your sister's address (as long as no one else in the household has set it up). Then you'd get a text with the tracking number from USPS and an email when its due to be delivered in a day - simply be on the porch with a cool beverage (and ID to be safe) to sign for it (and hopefully your sister isn't there to cause problems).
Other potential solution - I'm not sure what your ID etc says or what they'd require but USPS will also let you put a vacation hold on your mail so all packages etc will be held. I think its like 3 days to a month that they'll let you set it for - then you'd just pick up the mail at the post office, get your package, drop the other stuff off, and have the hold terminated.

Or, play the narcissist game - befriend her again, apologize for being wrong, don't bring up the doll.. act as if all is good between the two of you, then grab the doll when it appears and put her back in the oubliette. Be careful if you try this one but I've done it with people in the past when I had no other real choice. Make sure she has no access to your money etc. If she thinks you are doing it to get the doll she will make sure you'll never get ahold of it.

Edited by teensybits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inolth
6 hours ago, teensybits said:

Where are you at? (Country, not like your home address).
If you are in the US and you are using USPS to have the doll shipped. 

Or, play the narcissist game - befriend her again, apologize for being wrong, don't bring up the doll..

Unfortunately, this is not the first time she has done this to someone (first time she's done it to me) and she already knew to do informed delivery. I'm in the US. She does informed delivery so that when she charges people's cards (mine/her bf/our mom) she can intercept the dolls and claim no she never got a doll. 

 

And...I may try that. I've been thinking on it. But I will hold on tight that all I want is the doll and not get swept up into her mess again. I found out the truth about a lot recently and its...it just makes losing Anya to her all the worse. Plus I'm paying off the $1300 on my affirm that she charged that I can't dispute as all packages are under my name and sent to the address I lived at with her awhile ago and I never officially changed my address

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kemonomimicry

Have you paid for the doll already? If not, "accidentally" loose the card and have it blocked?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sebby

If you don't want to do small claims (which is understandable, but then again if she keeps the doll it is absolutely theft), there is one more option that has a very slight chance of succeeding. If Anya hasn't yet been shipped ofcourse. And that is contacting Volks asap, even if you can't get into her account. If you have the order nr you can contact them. Proof that you are the one who ordered her. Proof the card is yours etc. Explain the situation. There is a 99% chance Volks is like "nah mate, we only send to the account" but maybe 1% they'll work with you. 

But personally, with all you said about her actions (stealing more stuff and money) I would accept the risk of drama and drag her into small claims....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inolth
6 hours ago, Sebby said:

 

But personally, with all you said about her actions (stealing more stuff and money) I would accept the risk of drama and drag her into small claims....

I'm going to try your suggestion with Volks. 

However I sent the Letter of Demand for payment for Anya + a lot of the money she used off my card with proof that it was her (I can't prove the stuff she used on her own account because no access) and basically got disowned and told I drop it or I can have no family at all. The manipulation is alive and well in my family. My mom ended up giving me money for Anya. So now I am going to try and buy someone's preorder spot lol. But I want to try and at least mess up the volks order for my sister so that they cancel it and she gets nothing. Because the money would come back to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inolth
8 hours ago, Kemonomimicry said:

Have you paid for the doll already? If not, "accidentally" loose the card and have it blocked?

I did, last November. But I'm gonna try to mess up the volks order so maybe it's canceled and she at least doesn't get the doll and I get my money back lol 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
teensybits
On 7/9/2024 at 8:09 AM, Inolth said:

I'm going to try your suggestion with Volks. 

However I sent the Letter of Demand for payment for Anya + a lot of the money she used off my card with proof that it was her (I can't prove the stuff she used on her own account because no access) and basically got disowned and told I drop it or I can have no family at all. The manipulation is alive and well in my family. My mom ended up giving me money for Anya. So now I am going to try and buy someone's preorder spot lol. But I want to try and at least mess up the volks order for my sister so that they cancel it and she gets nothing. Because the money would come back to me.

 

It'd be hilarious if you can ruin her account. I'm not sure if Volks has a policy against letting people access/use your account but if so she might lose it just by sharing it with you and letting you use it to order - you might be able to get her into a situation where she A: confesses she let you use the account (therefore Anya is yours), or B: you broke into her account to order a doll (therefore Anya is yours), or C : no one used her account but her, in which case she used someone else's credit card, which would also compromise her account and get the order cancelled. 

I'm happy you were able to at least get the money from your mom for her - I'm sure someone will want to sell their preorder or the doll once it arrives. She's an odd size so it's more likely someone just won't like it as much in person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy.