Jump to content

sunlightandtea

Politely Nefarious

AnnaNeko

Xiongmao

Mandie

BeyondTime

DesertPhantom51

F-15

ateliervanilla

The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

luna_Lillie

Dollfie Dream Megurine Luka 2.0 & MEIKO 2.0

Recommended Posts

Calyps0Kitt3n

Volks-aloid back at it again lol. I will say, I honestly thought the Standard Miku had a higher chance of getting a 2.0 release before Meiko ever did. I knew in my heart Luka had to be coming soon though! Hopefully Mei-Mei will do better this go-round, she is one of my faves of the bunch. I know many were disappointed by her face-up and sculpt because she looks so young, but I just adore her. Maybe I'll see if I can pick one up when the time comes. @onion34@

6 hours ago, puxlavoix said:

Jesus christ when is this gonna end? 🙄

Probably not any time soon judging by how Miku/loid fans have been a money generator for them for a while now (✋😓 🤚 guilty...). But it does seem like my previous questions about what the plan was for them after rereleasing Sakura Miku is answered. There is no end to Miss Miku's wild ride....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luna_Lillie
3 minutes ago, Calyps0Kitt3n said:

Volks-aloid back at it again lol. I will say, I honestly thought the Standard Miku had a higher chance of getting a 2.0 release before Meiko ever did. I knew in my heart Luka had to be coming soon though! Hopefully Mei-Mei will do better this go-round, she is one of my faves of the bunch. I know many were disappointed by her face-up and sculpt because she looks so young, but I just adore her. Maybe I'll see if I can pick one up when the time comes. @onion34@

Probably not any time soon judging by how Miku/loid fans have been a money generator for them for a while now (✋😓 🤚 guilty...). But it does seem like my previous questions about what the plan was for them after rereleasing Sakura Miku is answered. There is no end to Miss Miku's wild ride....

Meiko will definitely do better. Meiko and Kaito aren't the most popular out of the 6, but I have noticed in the past few years I see way more fans of them individually.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeyondTime
6 hours ago, puxlavoix said:

Jesus christ when is this gonna end? 🙄

When Miku's desire to be the center of attention returns to normal levels.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction.

I have so many dolls that they have formed their own country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
313C7

FINALLY! Luka gets some love!

Fingers crossed she doesn't get the lottery treatment this time. I have her original release, but I want to add at least two more of her to my collection. Her original was absolutely gorgeous.

 

12 hours ago, puxlavoix said:

Jesus christ when is this gonna end? 🙄

Probably when people like me are in the ground.

I totally understand collectors getting frustrated that other IPs are not getting the attention they want. I have many non-Vocaloid characters I would love to see as official DDs that will probably never be done by Volks in my lifetime. At this point, it feels like Volks are deliberately keeping this operation small and not scaling up when they could.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
puxlavoix
10 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

When Miku's desire to be the center of attention returns to normal levels.

More like when Volks' greed goes back to normal… or when they finally come to their senses @onion16@

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Monty

?? Luka and Meiko have never been rereleased before. What’s all this complaining about ‘not again?’ And why are we complaining about Miku…?

You can be disappointed it’s not something you wanted, but it was a Magical Mirai announcement, they’re not gonna announce non Vocaloid dolls there. I was surprised about Meiko as she seemed unpopular last time but many people wanted Luka again, you can see that enough from the commentary on the rerelease polls. I’m just glad they accepted that the demand for these dolls is enough that it’s a given they will win the polls, so they don’t count them as the poll winners anymore, giving other characters (like Kaede) a chance.

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ohnoaiwa

crossing my fingers I'll be able to get Luka this time around! ever since I saw one in person plus also have a little more space now, I want to bring her home 🥺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tasuke

 

While i'd Dearly Love a MikuMiku of my Very Own... Her Prices are Too Damned High!!! Even within the Secondary Market!!!!!

Edited by Tasuke

 

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mega Negi

Although you wouldn't think so based on that illo, Luka is bigger than Meiko.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
finnleo
3 hours ago, ohnoaiwa said:

crossing my fingers I'll be able to get Luka this time around

You should, since if I recall correct original Luka was a everybody who wanted one, got one, and the Sakura Miku re-release was also everybody who wanted one, could get one -- Unless you wanted to pay with PayPal (which was a fun personal revelation, but eh...) so thats probably the only limitation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
313C7
1 hour ago, finnleo said:

if I recall correct original Luka was a everybody who wanted one, got one

I checked my old emails and original Luka was a lottery. Really hoping she's a preorder this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikuhime

Happy to see Luka, hoping she gets an open preorder. Would've maybe picked up Meiko if they had come separately, but unless the release is still far out my budget isn't enough to get two dolls at once, same reason why I have Rin but no Len.

 

On 8/1/2025 at 3:49 PM, luna_Lillie said:

Meiko will definitely do better. Meiko and Kaito aren't the most popular out of the 6, but I have noticed in the past few years I see way more fans of them individually.

Adding to this: Kaito got a huge popularity boost from Project Sekai. His merch aftermarket prices increased and while it has to be taken with some salt, he did really good in an ingame event that is partially a popularity contest, scoring the second highest out of the cryptonloids after Miku. Meiko still got a boost from the game, but to a much smaller extent than Kaito.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thespian
23 hours ago, Monty said:

?? Luka and Meiko have never been rereleased before. What’s all this complaining about ‘not again?’ And why are we complaining about Miku…?

You can be disappointed it’s not something you wanted, but it was a Magical Mirai announcement, they’re not gonna announce non Vocaloid dolls there. I was surprised about Meiko as she seemed unpopular last time but many people wanted Luka again, you can see that enough from the commentary on the rerelease polls. I’m just glad they accepted that the demand for these dolls is enough that it’s a given they will win the polls, so they don’t count them as the poll winners anymore, giving other characters (like Kaede) a chance.

 

It also wouldn't surprise me if the Vocaloid dolls bring in enough profit that Volks is willing to be a bit more experimental or push for more expensive IP deals. Having a reliable money maker in your back pocket that appeals far beyond your usual target audience is a massive boon in an otherwise fickle hobby space (to  mention nothing that re-releases like this keep secondhand market costs down -- looking at you, Luka).

I don't have my heart particularly set on either of these two girls, but it's good to see that others are going to have the opportunity to bring them home for retail price.

  • Like 6

(Anthy Himemiya) | (DDH-06) | (DDH-06) | (DDH-07) | (DDH-09) | (Mariko Summer Festival Ver.) | (Sakura Miku) | (Sasara Kusugawa White Gothic Ver.)

Any pronouns are fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AwkwardMango

Hope they go up for pre-order next year, need more time to save up. @onion22@ Hoping I can somehow snag them both to hopefully complete my crypton crew at some point!@onion34@

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PlasticJester

This is the first release I've been huge eyes emoji at for a collab doll! Gotta start saving up, while I wanna make my own Miku and Kagamine twins I adore the other three Vocaloid dolls! Given the choice I'd probably go for Meiko, but they're both so gorgeous....


592108676_DollGroupPixel.png.059a2d02f02ccb8975d8c8461ef7b1cc.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeyondTime
On 8/1/2025 at 7:25 PM, Monty said:

I’m just glad they accepted that the demand for these dolls is enough that it’s a given they will win the polls, so they don’t count them as the poll winners anymore, giving other characters (like Kaede) a chance.

We didn't see a DDS / DDDy re-release this time around though, or have I forgotten her? They may have made other adjustments to accommodate pre-order style Vocaloid releases and the Frieren / Lycoris Recoil releases. They've done runners up in the past too, but not this time.

I'm not complaining, I'm just saying it may be that they had to balance releases to their production capacity, and the Vocaloids are pretty much Gateways into DD addiction. 


“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction.

I have so many dolls that they have formed their own country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Monty
5 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

We didn't see a DDS / DDDy re-release this time around though, or have I forgotten her?

Not yet. There’s also the new collab outfit from the request survey yet to be announced (unless of course I missed that too, I’ve admittedly not paid a lot of attention to releases recently). Although nothing from the SD side of the polls has happened at all, so I think it’s just they havent come about yet rather than they aren’t happening.

Edit: I actually wondered if there would be any chance of those two poll/survey results being a combined release. For example, one of the collab outfits I submitted was Utena and Anthy’s school uniforms, and I voted for an Anthy rerelease every single day… so a potential rerelease could have the school uniform as an extra. Maybe wishful thinking on my part though. (Something similar could happen though, just maybe not specifically Anthy…)

Edited by Monty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kitsykat90

Luka! I really hope it's not a lottery, I'll be heartbroken to have the funds and not be able to get her! She's my favorite Vocaloid and I love her look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Amara77
On 8/1/2025 at 9:38 AM, Calyps0Kitt3n said:

Volks-aloid back at it again lol. I will say, I honestly thought the Standard Miku had a higher chance of getting a 2.0 release before Meiko ever did. I knew in my heart Luka had to be coming soon though! Hopefully Mei-Mei will do better this go-round, she is one of my faves of the bunch. I know many were disappointed by her face-up and sculpt because she looks so young, but I just adore her. Maybe I'll see if I can pick one up when the time comes. @onion34@

Probably not any time soon judging by how Miku/loid fans have been a money generator for them for a while now (✋😓 🤚 guilty...). But it does seem like my previous questions about what the plan was for them after rereleasing Sakura Miku is answered. There is no end to Miss Miku's wild ride....

I mean I get it… but also I don’t think I’ve been excited by a release in over 10 years.

I think it’s great to do these re-releases/updates but it’s become so redundant. I’m not a Vocaloid fan I know about it from it being everywhere, but that’s the extent of my knowledge. Typically I don’t need to like the character, just the doll but I feel like a lot of the dolls don’t truly represent the character?

Luka I feel doesn’t represent the more mature look she has in most artwork. I think Takane looks closer to most depictions I’ve seen. That being said the doll is cute, just doesn’t encapsulate the character imo. 
Kaito still looks way to young and feminine in doll form, but I suppose it’s Volks safe way of not making a particularly masculine doll.
At the end of the day people seem to enjoy it, so it’s a money maker and I get, so good for the people who get a second chance without secondhand prices.

Anyway it would be great if they’d just sprinkle in some other new releases in between haha.

also @Calyps0Kitt3n who is your profile pic a drawing of?

Edited by Amara77
  • Like 1

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
archeotech
On 8/2/2025 at 3:25 AM, Monty said:

?? Luka and Meiko have never been rereleased before. What’s all this complaining about ‘not again?’ And why are we complaining about Miku…?

You can be disappointed it’s not something you wanted, but it was a Magical Mirai announcement, they’re not gonna announce non Vocaloid dolls there. I was surprised about Meiko as she seemed unpopular last time but many people wanted Luka again, you can see that enough from the commentary on the rerelease polls. I’m just glad they accepted that the demand for these dolls is enough that it’s a given they will win the polls, so they don’t count them as the poll winners anymore, giving other characters (like Kaede) a chance.

 

I'm a vocaloid fan and I get the fatigue as a doll collector. I don't mind seeing a re-release/upgrade of a very desired doll every few years especially if the previous version was very dated but there's just so many vocaloid releases or re-releases. Imagine a doll from Card Captor sakura, Cyberpunk, Azur Lane or maybe Shiki from Garden of Sinners. They missed out big time on a Dress up Darling doll and now Dolk have the IP so it's unlikely to happen. 

I am interested in Luka 2.0 and Meiko but it does mean it won't be something new and exciting. I think if they could make more dolls each year then it wouldn't be so bad but they only release a few so it's a slot used up. 

Just on a side note, I have a friend in Japan that was actually a business partner of Volks and he said that it was seen as very prestigious by other Japanese manufacturers if Volks made a doll of one of your IPs so getting the IPs wouldn't necessarily be that difficult for them. More important factors would be production cost and whether it would be popular to make a profit for both Volks and the Licence holder. Ultimately much of it seems to come down to the personal tastes of the owners or if a company approached them to try get a character made.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Calyps0Kitt3n
4 hours ago, Amara77 said:

I think it’s great to do these re-releases/updates but it’s become so redundant. I’m not a Vocaloid fan I know about it from it being everywhere, but that’s the extent of my knowledge. Typically I don’t need to like the character, just the doll but I feel like a lot of the dolls don’t truly represent the character?

I totally get that, its partially why I have to admit I know I am so biased towards the Vocaloid dolls. I'll probably always be tempted by a new release or a rerelease of them. I am a huge vocaloid/project diva fan so I adore them all. They look like they were pulled right from the arcade game itself imo. Setting that aside tho, for someone who is just ambivalent towards vocaloid or just doesn't even like it outright, it isn't surprising that these releases and re-releases have become a tad annoying by this point. Meiko's OG release date wasn't really that long ago all things considered. Looking back a bit, the Kagamine's had a good 7 years to marinate, but Meiko only had to wait like 4(?). That is a bit crazy ngl. I mean I'm not complaining obviously, but I completely get why there are some collectors here that are getting tired!!!
 

4 hours ago, Amara77 said:

Luka I feel doesn’t represent the more mature look she has in most artwork. I think Takane looks closer to most depictions I’ve seen. That being said the doll is cute, just doesn’t encapsulate the character imo. - Kaito still looks way to young and feminine in doll form, but I suppose it’s Volks safe way of not making a particularly masculine doll.

Love my Luka, but she is the one that looks the least like her actual design to me. Her open mouth sculpt has grown on me (only open mouth girl I own), but she looks a bit like a cosplayer/custom! I think Meiko got the worst hand in terms of looking less mature tho. And I like that Kaito came out a bit fem looking ngl, I just wish they didn't make his head so huge! Looks crazy on the boy body type, and even crazier on the female one. He looks kinda silly if I study him to hard at times haha. @onion16@

4 hours ago, Amara77 said:

also @Calyps0Kitt3n who is your profile pic a drawing of?

It is Liam Gallagher, Oasis has kinda taken me over right now haha ~ @onion26@

Anyways I will 100% be getting at least one of these girls. I hope they do a pre-order for them, which seems highly likely given how they have done these latest vocaloid dolls! I also kinda hope they start doing the vocaloid outfit releases again ngl. They had those project sekai outfits a couple years ago, kinda thought they'd start doing more from that series after it but doesn't seem likely rn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Amara77

@Calyps0Kitt3n

yeah, I thought it was Liam. I’ve been a massive oasis fan for 30 years so figured I’d ask. Actually on Den of Angels my picture is Noel with his union Jack guitar from the Maine road gigs. He’s my guy haha.

To be honest, I think it would be more interesting to see Vocaloid outfits. I kind of wish Volks would step up their outfit game. But anyway, I’m glad people who want these things can get a second chance for them.

I expect at least one release yearly is Vocaloid related and it’s their big cash cow so I get it. 
 


http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy.