Jump to content

sunlightandtea

Politely Nefarious

AnnaNeko

Xiongmao

Mandie

BeyondTime

DesertPhantom51

F-15

ateliervanilla

The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Larkness

Pureneemo hair care?

Recommended Posts

Larkness

Hi! Super random explanation but I have a pureneemo doll and my room gets dusty pretty easily 🫠 I don't know why but I always find like fiber particles (? on the top of my doll's head. I can clean it pretty easily but I noticed that her hair lost some shine and smoothness so I took off her wig cap and washed her hair with my regular shampoo, before applying some conditioner for less than 5 mins. I rinsed, brushed, stylized and let it air dry and it's good as new but now I'm wondering if regular human shampoo and conditioner are actually good ideas in the long run, does anybody have any product recommendations? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DesertPhantom51
Posted (edited)

I just went down the wig care rabbit hole while refreshing my Rapunzel's wig, so here's what I learned: With any kind of synthetic wig, you should avoid any products with sulfates, as they can damage the fibers over time.  One time use isn't gonna cause any problems, so don't worry about it.  There are wig shampoos and leave in conditioners made especially for wigs, and thankfully they're pretty inexpensive.  I use AllDay shampoo and their leave in conditioner spray, they're about $10 on amazon, and it really made her wig shine and less frizzy.  You just dilute the shampoo in a bucket or bowl, drag the wig through, then rinse, repeat one or two more times, then pat it dry, spray the conditioner and brush while still damp then air dry.  Super easy! 

Edited by DesertPhantom51
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Larkness
15 hours ago, DesertPhantom51 said:

I just went down the wig care rabbit hole while refreshing my Rapunzel's wig, so here's what I learned: With any kind of synthetic wig, you should avoid any products with sulfates, as they can damage the fibers over time.  One time use isn't gonna cause any problems, so don't worry about it.  There are wig shampoos and leave in conditioners made especially for wigs, and thankfully they're pretty inexpensive.  I use AllDay shampoo and their leave in conditioner spray, they're about $10 on amazon, and it really made her wig shine and less frizzy.  You just dilute the shampoo in a bucket or bowl, drag the wig through, then rinse, repeat one or two more times, then pat it dry, spray the conditioner and brush while still damp then air dry.  Super easy! 

Omg thank you so much for the tips! I'll check those products out, luckily I think my shampoo is sulfate free so I think I got scoff free haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy.