Dolle44ka Posted September 7 Karin's head will get a release as DDH-34 https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/ext/special/vn113akfe.html 2 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Dolle44ka Posted September 7 Stupid question, but does her head fit well on 2.0 necks? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Amara77 Posted September 8 Cute! Her head is much cuter with those different face ups I can appreciate the sculpt more. It’s amazing how a different face up can change a sculpt. 2 http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop Spoke too soon.... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Giallo_Gatta Posted September 8 On 9/7/2026 at 10:08 AM, Dolle44ka said: Stupid question, but does her head fit well on 2.0 necks? It should! The only thing I'd really be worried about is that the head was designed for a DDS body, so it might possibly look a bit strange on a DD/DDDY... though that's ultimately up to personal preference. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Poofiemus Posted September 8 Ugh I don't need more projects but this head is REALLY cute. . . Can anybody say if they think GL is worth it long term? In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Kemonomimicry Posted September 8 5 hours ago, Giallo_Gatta said: It should! The only thing I'd really be worried about is that the head was designed for a DDS body, so it might possibly look a bit strange on a DD/DDDY... though that's ultimately up to personal preference. I too would like to know how Karin's head looks on a DD/DDdy. I'm considering buying two of these as they'll provide a bit of variation besides the DDH-06/07/09 heads I have. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
DesertPhantom51 Posted September 8 3 hours ago, Poofiemus said: Ugh I don't need more projects but this head is REALLY cute. . . Can anybody say if they think GL is worth it long term? I've had it for a few years, it depends on how much you shop. The points back are pretty negligible unless you buy a lot. I keep mine around for the limited sales like this. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ragnamuffin Posted September 9 5 hours ago, Kemonomimicry said: I too would like to know how Karin's head looks on a DD/DDdy. @Tierparkzone it’s your time to shine ✨ 1 Make your own signature like this Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Tierparkzone Posted September 9 54 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said: @Tierparkzone it’s your time to shine ✨ I'll try the different combinations of Karin head and DD (dy) later tonight and post some pictures here. I don't think there's going to be any issues with those combinations since her head seems to be roughly the same size as a lot of other heads you regularly see on the larger bodies (e.g. DD-H-09). I'll only be able to test on f3 bodies, though. - With the thinner necks of the 2.0 bodies there's probably even less of a fitting issue, apart from the usual gap between neck and head socket. 3 Photo Story - Photo Thread - make your own signature like this Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Kemonomimicry Posted September 9 7 hours ago, DesertPhantom51 said: I've had it for a few years, it depends on how much you shop. The points back are pretty negligible unless you buy a lot. I keep mine around for the limited sales like this. The GL membership is also cheap enough to keep it around for stuff like once-a-year limited sales...I mean, what do you miss out on if you have it? Money to buy 1 pair of cheap doll panties? Just get it a few weeks before the limited sales ends, otherwise it may not be active in time for the limited sale. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ragnamuffin Posted September 9 1 hour ago, Kemonomimicry said: The GL membership is also cheap enough to keep it around for stuff like once-a-year limited sales... There’s limited members only stuff available quarterly and at select times of the year for anniversaries (like DD Fes and DD Gathering), and other perks in-store and at Dolpa. Unfortunately they’re usually for SD and not DD (mostly glass eyes and resin hand parts). But I think with a membership you can order Volks News for free with any order around the time they release, and for anyone planning to come to Japan and do Dream Choice, the points you get back more than make up for it. 1 Make your own signature like this Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Lavux Posted September 9 Just got a GL membership so we'll see how it pans out. It was less than 5 euro for 1 year so... There was also some sort of small shipping cost? Do they send you a physical card? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Kemonomimicry Posted September 9 42 minutes ago, Lavux said: Just got a GL membership so we'll see how it pans out. It was less than 5 euro for 1 year so... There was also some sort of small shipping cost? Do they send you a physical card? No, I think that's only for certain Japan-only memberships (Volks creditcard?). The small shipping cost is an authorization charge, which they hold until the actual payment clears IIRC. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ragnamuffin Posted September 9 15 minutes ago, Kemonomimicry said: No, I think that's only for certain Japan-only memberships (Volks creditcard?). All Japanese memberships (even the basic one that doesn’t cost money) come with a members card. I think there used to be different cards for different tiers, but nowadays they just slap a sticker for your membership type onto the back of the basic card. I wouldn’t be surprised if they phase out the physical card completely now that the app supports a virtual members card… The credit card is completely separate from the members card. 1 Make your own signature like this Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Tierparkzone Posted September 10 Ok, took a minute to get some pictures taken but here we go: Karin head on DD-f3 (L-bust): Karin head on DDdy-f3: On closer inspection, the Karin head is a little shorter than the DD-H-09 but about as wide. I'd say it fits pretty decently on the larger DD bodies. 2 2 Photo Story - Photo Thread - make your own signature like this Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Kemonomimicry Posted September 19 Well, that convinced me to order two of them (FL and SW). 2 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ragnamuffin Posted September 19 1 hour ago, loyaltailpipe2 said: Those pics on the bigger bodies did it for me too tbh, went from maybe to definitely in about five seconds. Two at once is a power move lol. Oh yeah? Which did you get, and why? Make your own signature like this Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Kemonomimicry Posted September 20 In my case, the SW one will go onto a currently headless DD body that I was already planning to get a head for, but wasn't happy with the heads currently available at Volks. This is not the SW body that I need a DDH-05 for (out of stock for 16 months straight at Volks now😭). The flesh one might end up on a flesh DDS body where my choice of head turned out not to fit because it was made with DDP/MDD in mind. 3 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Poofiemus Posted 3 hours ago Still pondering this. I gotta ask: how does the Karin head look on DDP? I do feel like this head would make a great Silver Wolf from Star Rail, and she's really petite. 1 1 In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Tierparkzone Posted 31 minutes ago 3 hours ago, Poofiemus said: Still pondering this. I gotta ask: how does the Karin head look on DDP? I should be able to take a few photos of this combination later tonight. - I'ts probably going to feel a bit more unbalanced than on DD(dy), but with the right combination of wig/outfit it might work. - We'll see. Photo Story - Photo Thread - make your own signature like this Share this post Link to post Share on other sites