Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

initial

Questions on wigs

initial

Some noob questions,

Is small particles on the wig common? If not, should I wash it?

6914857662_3b5fca76f7.jpg

How often one deem is necessary to wash the wig?

All my girls have their eyes cover by their bangs, so I was wondering am I putting the wig too low?

or should i adjust it up and use wig stopper to hold it?

7051121625_255e4e249d.jpg

Feel free to comment or add in more questions

Saber (EXTRA ver.) : Saber Alter 2nd ver. : Haruka Niimi : Sakuya (Shining Blade) : Corselia (DDH-06) : Lynn (DDH-07) : Maria Ushiromiya:Elisa (DDH-07):Ayu (DDH-01):Aozaki Aoko:Alice Kuonji:???

PlasticFantastic

Wigs do get dusty and dirty over time. But care is needed if washing them. Some wigs will be ruined if they're washed because of the styling.

As for bangs, sometimes volks doesn't cut the wigs correctly. My saber lily's default and Asuka's default suffer this cruel fate. ;_;

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

initial

look like i will give it a wash in a future if need.

well, i guess volks thinks giving wigs with longer bangs are better than having it shorter or just nice.

Saber (EXTRA ver.) : Saber Alter 2nd ver. : Haruka Niimi : Sakuya (Shining Blade) : Corselia (DDH-06) : Lynn (DDH-07) : Maria Ushiromiya:Elisa (DDH-07):Ayu (DDH-01):Aozaki Aoko:Alice Kuonji:???

Poofiemus

Yeah, washing the Saber updo is going to be a pain. I've heard some people have had success with compressed air for cleaning the trickier wigs, though, so you may want to consider that.

As for length, I know that some wigs are done with long bangs with the idea of letting owners trim them to taste, but with the character wigs it's partially the character design itself. Most anime girls just have friggen' long bangs. You often don't notice in animation or in manga drawings because they make the eyes and eyebrows visible through the bangs even when hair is all over them, but of course with real hair this art cheat completely breaks down. It seems that many owners resort to getting a wig styling spray or gel and creatively styling the limited character wigs into something plausible.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

initial

thanks for the compress air tip, i might try that.

well, i go the styling mist & oil from volks last time when my friend order extra, yet to use it though.