The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

milkytea

Welcome Home, Miss Mariko! (Photo Story)

milkytea

I was very surprised yesterday to get a call from the receptionist saying that she had just signed for a package from me. I didn't have any outstanding shipments, but when I went to the front desk I found a suspiciously-shaped cardboard box with a return address to Kerbey Lane! ♥

I brought the box home (I looked like quite a sight on the bus! The box is nearly half as big as me. ) and let it out of my sight for a while. That was a mistake, of course, but at least it was an entertaining one!

This photo story features several non-Dollfie Dream dolls, because they live in my house.

7062505775_0445160492.jpg

7062509413_c368c6eb43.jpg

Claire: WHAAAAT?! >_<

6916430186_700c8ff8bd.jpg

Claire: Not on my watch. No way.

6916434018_8e6282288b.jpg

Claire: Out you go!

6916438346_9d4bfbc0d3.jpg

Claire: ...So...exhausting... @___@

6916442202_5273404082.jpg

Mimi: What'cha doing~? ♥

6916446096_9aaca531d2.jpg

Mimi: Oh my, this is a very big box! What is it?

7062532667_49488b126f.jpg

Claire: Oh, uh...

7062536351_dbd17a32f5.jpg

Claire: Trash. You're the biggest, so you should carry it out. We need to throw it away before the girl gets back.

7062540083_56a32b60ff.jpg

Mimi: Oh, okay~ \^_^/

7062721493_bbb7a1c41c.jpg

Mimi: It's funny, that box is just about as big as...

Claire: ¬_¬

7062728563_a78d15f453.jpg

Claire: Big as nothing. Get to work.

6916649752_725ee915a3.jpg

Mimi: ...It's a doll, isn't it?

6916653456_f7096be1b9.jpg

Claire: ...No.

Okay, maybe it is. That's why it needs to go!

7062739987_945d6d18a7.jpg

Mimi: We can't! The girl would be sad! We need to open it!

6916660996_829fbbd66a.jpg

Claire: Hrmpf, FINE.

6916665282_f98b90061c.jpg

Claire: YOU have to carry it up to the bed.

~ Several Minutes Later ~

6916669496_e6c7063618.jpg

Mimi: *wheeze* So... heavy... ~

6916673040_a5cdc56313.jpg

Claire: Pfft, you're out of shape.

6916676810_68af0dc6c2.jpg

Mimi: How will we open it? We don't have anything sharp.

7062762875_d8c9072262.jpg

Claire: I do!

Mimi: Eeep! Be careful!

7062829871_0510e2aae8.jpg

Mimi: Ooooh, clothes~ *_*

Claire: Clothes for GIANTS. ._.

7062834511_6e8f9d7989.jpg

Claire: *catching sight of the yellow box* Just great! u_u I knew it!

I'll be right back; might as well get the other stuff.

Mimi: ...Other ...stuff?

7062838409_fe6bbdcfb3.jpg

Claire: *dumps out bag* Here.

(MilkyTea: This explains to me why everything I've been ordering has gone missing! )

7062842343_c15fcf0f50.jpg

Mimi: Goodness, what is all that?

Claire: It's all for the new doll in the yellow box.

6916763860_2feca3090e.jpg

Claire: Well, you wanted to do this. Let's move the enormous clothes and help her out.

6916768636_31cb106b82.jpg

Claire: ...Too heavy! @___@

6916773004_297b61035f.jpg

Mimi: Tee hee, I'll get it~ ♥

6916777024_851cf468a2.jpg

7062863841_4743e8234f.jpg

6916785724_d66677a07c.jpg

7062872239_0f68a6850d.jpg

Mimi: I wonder what she'll be like.

Claire: I wonder what's in the box.

7062875849_4512f6dec3.jpg

Claire: Wow!

Mimi: >:[ Claire!

7062879457_db010ac664.jpg

Mimi: Oh for goodness sakes... u_u

7062883105_364878e82b.jpg

Claire: Look at all this stuff! This doll is loaded!

Mimi: Help me get her out of the box.

6916804798_ae341d2e2d.jpg

New Doll: ...?

Mimi: Hello! Don't worry--we're going to get you out~

7062890077_b6c9a7050d.jpg

New Doll: Oh, um, alright. T-thank you.

6916811752_014b2599ae.jpg

Claire: Nuh-uh, NO nudie pictures. >:[ Honestly!!!

6916815532_7d7ceb38f5.jpg

New Doll: T-thank you for the dress, miss.

Mimi: I'm Mimi! And it's only temporary!

Claire: Yeah, you have lots of stuff!!!

7062901169_cbef62a469.jpg

MilkyTea: Hello girls! n_n ~♪

Haha, I see you found my package. I hope you've all been getting along~

Mimi: Oh, yes!

Claire: Oh, of course!

6916822506_1cf6f31637.jpg

New Doll: ...M-may I have some hair, please?

I am so-so-so excited that she's finally home! I'm not sure what to name her just yet. My husband so far has suggested Kiki, Lorna, or Posy, hee hee~ I think I like Posy the best. I am leaning towards flower names, like Iris, Lily, Pansy, or Violet. I'm just not sure. It takes me a while to name dolls. I have to figure out the "perfect" name.

I haven't quite gotten the hang of the way her skeleton works just yet, and I'm terrified of cracking her shoulders. I really adore her, though!

I got her all dressed up and took some pictures, even though it was nighttime. I'm supertastically happy that I got this uniform for her; she looks adorable in it. The black wig, too, even though staining is scary. So far I didn't notice anything, and she does have a wig cap.

7062908087_62c8d4a251.jpg

6916836244_9b0b1273f4.jpg

6916839734_2787218b79.jpg

7062925105_de95b837f5.jpg

6916910828_5e0aa5ca1d.jpg

Hopefully I can work up the courage soon to replace her eyes and exchange her bust. (I know there's no official DDS white skin small bust, but I've seen people have success using the DDII busts and the dimensions of that bust versus her bust look pretty similar other than the actual breast size. I'm just really afraid of breaking her.)

I just wanted to share my excitement~! ♥ Yay!

bethykins

Such a great story haha i love how your girls got taller and taller as the story went on! Mariko really is such a cutie! And i love that uniform<3

I have a gorgeous family of DD girls

See my profile for a list of my beauties!!

PlasticFantastic

So cute! I loved your photostory. Look at all the goodies you had waiting for her! ^_^

Don't be too timid, changing the bust on the new bodies is very easy compared to the older ones. and changing eyes is easy too. I'm sure you'll do just fine! We're here to coach you as well~

She looks really cute in that black wig. What are you thinking of changing her eyes to? Or is that a long-term goal for much later?

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

MyuMyu

I don't know how you have enought patience to do a photostory in place of opening the box as crazy as I would do lol. Anyway, I like a lot the opening story, your girls are funny.

New girl is very cute and I think that black hair fits her. I like Posy better than the other names

¡Congrats for getting her!

milkytea
Such a great story haha i love how your girls got taller and taller as the story went on! Mariko really is such a cutie! And i love that uniform<3

For the most part I've bought dolls in size order, although the Pullips weren't involved this time or they would have skewed the whole thing.

So cute! I loved your photostory. Look at all the goodies you had waiting for her! ^_^

Don't be too timid, changing the bust on the new bodies is very easy compared to the older ones. and changing eyes is easy too. I'm sure you'll do just fine! We're here to coach you as well~

She looks really cute in that black wig. What are you thinking of changing her eyes to? Or is that a long-term goal for much later?

Hee hee, I was well-prepared!

I want to change her eyes to the Volks D-type in dark blue. I already have them (and I even have putty), I just didn't want to fight with the glue last night. I'm going to give it a try this evening.

261g0w0.jpg

I don't know how you have enought patience to do a photostory in place of opening the box as crazy as I would do lol. Anyway, I like a lot the opening story, your girls are funny.

New girl is very cute and I think that black hair fits her. I like Posy better than the other names

¡Congrats for getting her!

Thank you~ I really like the contrast of the black hair against her pale skin, although I tried a blonde wig on her last night and it was also cute. ♥ I think she's just cute-cute-cute in everything~

PlasticFantastic

You likely won't have much of a fight from the glue if the newer headmolds I've played with are any indication ^_^

Also, I meant to comment and forgot: I own that stuffed shark too~

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

milkytea
You likely won't have much of a fight from the glue if the newer headmolds I've played with are any indication ^_^

That's good to hear about the glue! I had to remove glued-in eyes from Claire and Mimi and it was a chipping/scraping/elbow-grease type of process that I wasn't too keen on repeating right away. Maybe the glue bonds to the resin differently than the vinyl.

Yay, stuffed shark buddies~ Mine is named Mortimer. ♥

PlasticFantastic

That's good to hear about the glue! I had to remove glued-in eyes from Claire and Mimi and it was a chipping/scraping/elbow-grease type of process that I wasn't too keen on repeating right away. Maybe the glue bonds to the resin differently than the vinyl.

Yay, stuffed shark buddies~ Mine is named Mortimer. ♥

The glue definitely behaves differently in the vinyl than in resin. A lot of my girls the glue pops out in big chunks or in one solid piece. For one of my heads pushing out the eyes popped off the glue too! ^^;

I named my stuffed shark "Land-Shark"

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

littlebearries

Ooooh! Maybe that means my girl will arrive today???? I hope so!

Your girl is so cute, I can't wait to see what you name her... and Mimi and Claire were too helpful, I loved it

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

scripple

Congrats on the new girl!

I loved the story it was a lot of fun. I'm glad Mimi was there to save her from Claire, and also that once faced with the reality of the situation Claire came around so quickly and was nice and helpful to the new girl.

Well done.

milkytea
Ooooh! Maybe that means my girl will arrive today???? I hope so!

Your girl is so cute, I can't wait to see what you name her... and Mimi and Claire were too helpful, I loved it

I hope yours do arrive today! Wouldn't that be exciting?

milkytea
Congrats on the new girl!

I loved the story it was a lot of fun. I'm glad Mimi was there to save her from Claire, and also that once faced with the reality of the situation Claire came around so quickly and was nice and helpful to the new girl.

Well done.

Hee hee, thank you~! n_n It feels like high praise to get such nice compliments from someone who does such great photostories! ♥

Claire really is nice, just afraid of newcomers. She knows I've sold dolls in the past and worries that she's next. (She isn't, but it's hard to explain that to her.)

kymaera

Grats on your new arrival! She looks great.

p.s. Claire, be more eco-friendly and instead of throwing your rivals into the trash bin, put them into the recycling instead

milkytea
Grats on your new arrival! She looks great.

p.s. Claire, be more eco-friendly and instead of throwing your rivals into the trash bin, put them into the recycling instead

Haha, don't give her any suggestions!

aeris

yeh finally she is there! Congrats!

She is really a beauty and the uniform suits her really well.

I am impatient to see her with her new eyes.

Is a certain outfit for her or for another doll?

Home : Hitomi, Kaori, Lily, Natsuki, Kotori, Yui, Kagami, , Maya, Hana

milkytea
yeh finally she is there! Congrats!

She is really a beauty and the uniform suits her really well.

I am impatient to see her with her new eyes.

Is a certain outfit for her or for another doll?

Thank you~! I am also impatient to see her with new eyes; hopefully tonight. ♥

The outfit is for her. I'm hoping to give her a smaller bust and then she'll be able to wear it no problem.

Innocentsake

Wonderful photo story! Claire & Mimi are a good team Though I was getting fearful that the large box would somehow end up in the trash O_O Good thing Mimi showed up when she did!

Love the outfit & wig you picked out for your Mariko, she's so lovely!

milkytea
Wonderful photo story! Claire & Mimi are a good team Though I was getting fearful that the large box would somehow end up in the trash O_O Good thing Mimi showed up when she did!

Love the outfit & wig you picked out for your Mariko, she's so lovely!

Don't worry--I don't think Claire has the strength or stamina to take anything all the way out to the dumpster on her own!

DefectiveAngel

Congrats on getting your new girl! ^_^

Great job with the photostory I really enjoyed reading it. I love Claire, she is too funny.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Mariko's new look when you get it complete and what name you decide on. I really liked her in the school uniform and the dark hair. She is really lovely and it looks like you got her lots of wonderful things.

milkytea
Congrats on getting your new girl! ^_^

Great job with the photostory I really enjoyed reading it. I love Claire, she is too funny.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Mariko's new look when you get it complete and what name you decide on. I really liked her in the school uniform and the dark hair. She is really lovely and it looks like you got her lots of wonderful things.

I'm happy that Claire was amusing~ n_n ♥

Mariko will probably have several "looks;" I do like swapping wigs and eyes, but I really want blue eyes to go with that particular dark wig. Today I tried to put in the 24mm pair and they were too big for her head. ;_; I hope I can get that style in 22mm soon...

salica

Congratulations on Mariko !!!!!

She is so cute , I understand why you are so happy

Can't wait to see her with new eyes !

archangeli

That's why it looked oddly familiar!!

And congrats on your new Mariko!

Your photostory was super cute! I love how little Claire crawled into the big yellow box!

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

milkytea
Congratulations on Mariko !!!!!

She is so cute , I understand why you are so happy

Can't wait to see her with new eyes !

Thank you! I also want to see her with new eyes soon, but I have to buy the right size. u_u

That's why it looked oddly familiar!!

And congrats on your new Mariko!

Your photostory was super cute! I love how little Claire crawled into the big yellow box!

Sometimes being the smaller one means you can fit into all sorts of places the bigger dolls don't want you to go in! XD She's like a magpie when it comes to anything new.

Cazzie_Bliss

Such a cute story! WOW I never knew how pretty Mariko could look in a black wig I hope you come up with the perfect name soon :3 congratz!!! She's lovely

1201080411_Signature4.png.d6bd2feda415abca0856a7c2e72df054.png                                                                                                     

milkytea
Such a cute story! WOW I never knew how pretty Mariko could look in a black wig I hope you come up with the perfect name soon :3 congratz!!! She's lovely

Thank you! I think her pale skin contrasts really well with the black wig, particularly since she has such strong colouring on her faceup~ ♥