Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Claudia

straining removing with gasolin ?

Claudia

hey,

maybe a strange question but i want to know if anyone tried this before or had infomations about the reactions.

i made good experiences earliere on barbiehorses or other hard platic stuff, like ps one console to remove deep and hard yellowing and color strains with gasolin. Yes super plus gasolin which you normaly use for your car.

its pretty heavy agressive to the plastic but realy helps fast. so now my thought was maybe to try the starin removing with gasoline.

maybe anyone had try that before ?

baldylox

I have NEVER heard of gasoline taking out stains before. The only thing similar I have heard of was rubbing alcohol and that was for minor surface cleaning.

I would NOT use gasoline on a Dollfies vinyl skin. The plastics you are talking about using this on before are not nearly as porous ( meaning soft and open ) as the vinyl on your DD. The stains or discoloration you cleaned off with it were only on the surface and probably not very deep into the plastic itself. I can just see the gasoline seeping into the vinyl and the smell staying there for a long time. That and it may actually break down the vinyl quickly. I may be wrong but from what I have dealt with on gasoline, it destroys LOTS of things it touches.

I have found that the best way to get rid of stains on a Dollfie is to use something with 10% Benzyol Peroxide ( zit or acne cream ) Here in the US, the brand Oxy10 is very popular and it works really well. I have used it personally and it's fantastic. It does take time but it works great. If you can find something with Benzyol Peroxide in it, it will work. Some people overseas have said "Zap Zit" is good and easier to find than Oxy10 is. Check around for those first before trying gas on your stains.

I hope this info helps you out.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Claudia

thanx baldylox,

i was only asking of gasoline would have a faster effect as zit cream.

i had these effects on barbiehorses very good and fats buit its like you say it destroy much thats why i ask of anyone has an idea how the reaction would be or has try it.

it has been that nobody had try and maybe its will help an would be a faster remover as zit cream. was only a hope because on barbiehorses it works wonder. lots of people found old horses from child hood on basement and saw there not withe anymore more yellow. nothing helps. No aceton nailpolish remover, no allcohol nothing. only that gasoline clean them in seconds but its also makes the hard plastic soft like a melting so you have to be carefull.

it also destroy my pvc or rubber gloves and my gel nails so i know its very agrasive

Well i will try it on a old obitsu wich is soft vinyl too.

tell than the result.

baldylox

Ah, ok. I thought you were just wondering if gasoline would take stains out *better* than other things. I know our language barrier sometimes makes things sound different than what we really mean.

My mom has Barbie and Breyer horses but she has only used rubbing alcohol on those to clean them.

If you say other people have had their hard plastic horses get soft really fast, that *to me* says that gas will destroy or damage already soft vinyl even faster. If it were me, I would not try it. But that decision is completely up to you to try or not. If you do try it on the Obitsu, I would like to hear from you about how it worked and what happens. Maybe take some pictures of the stains before you used the gas and then afterwards.

Thanks!

Billy

Claudia

try it a few hrs ago .... on obitsu and on my Dollfie ... and i hope you sitting good ...

nothing happends absolutly nothing. no melting like on the barbiehorses no strain removing nothing it was like alcohol. it realy nothing happend .....

i wash the gasoline to my safty from my dolls leg wehre i tried a 2 mm point to remove ...

i´m a bit disapointed i had though i get nearly a worster reasult or a better wone like a wonder reciept for strainings.

so tppic can be closed and does not need to try again...

OtakuDepot

This post reminded me of a post I just saw at figure.fm by Hololo.

http://www.figure.fm/post/en/25353/My+new+gal+Natsuki.html#comment-326043

If you look at the first comments after the post you can see Hololo and Chun talk about "pimple cream" and he mentions only using "thinner"..

never never never use pimple cream to treat the stain as this will destroy the peach pai (yes, destroy). just use thinner is ok

I'm guessing he's using paint thinner? I'm very tempted to try it on my Yukino who has some mild stains. I bought some enamel thinner to get ready for changing out her eyes so I have what I need. I just need to get the nerve to do it. If/when I do I'll be sure to post the results.

**James

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

baldylox

Well Claudia, you are braver than I am.

At least we know that gasoline won't do any damage but it also won't take out the stains. Thanks for letting us know!

James, I have some paint thinner in the garage too. Yoko still has some stains under her butt on the insides of her legs. It's hard to see unless you're looking for it. When I change her clothes again, I'll test a VERY small area of those stains and see what happens. It will be a day or two before I do it tho so if you try it first, let us know how it went.

Billy

Claudia

@ OtakuDepot,

a peachpai is made of silicone if ir read read so pimple cream can made a chemical reaction ....

if anything will work on silicone i don´t know.

i know that some people have teh same problem with latex cloth they take armor all ( a kind of silicone oil based rubber care for cars) and lay another piece of rubber most clear or light colors on it for a few hours. that should help to bleach the darker chemical reactiins spots which come from metal, other colors or uv lights.

zit creame would blech to much amnd made it more broke . i guess same will be on Peach pai sliicone breast.

Baldylox .... your doll has a silicone butt or did i understand some wrong

my doll has from the new thong bad strainigs so pls if you thong come put it first in vinigar and water that should help a bit and dont let it wear your daugther for more as one day.

i will wait to read what happend with the paint thinner ... i would try but haven´t some .

i try also petrolium benzin for cleaning stuff ..... nothing happend.

it can be that only zit cream can remove the strainings tehre must be some other faster ways....

Nakitaninja

i know that some people have teh same problem with latex cloth they take armor all ( a kind of silicone oil based rubber care for cars) and lay another piece of rubber most clear or light colors on it for a few hours. that should help to bleach the darker chemical reactiins spots which come from metal, other colors or uv lights.

I have to admit I've been holding out. I've not said anything because: a) it seemed too good to be true and b) I wasn't sure if I hallucinated this or not... thankfully, I can say this actually happened. I don't know if you'll want to try it or not.

As you know I work on faces and one head I couldn't get right- no matter what I did, it just wouldn't work. This was one of my first heads and I was so frustrated that I eventually gave it up. The head was stained from my many attempts and I realized it was a wipe.

I painted the whole head white with regular, acrylic paint from the 'Hobby Lobby' (love that place) and then walked away. I thought I might do a geisha look and deluded myself at the time that this was a good idea. The head sat in white paint for at least a month- maybe a bit longer.

I returned later and picked my DD head up, realizing that was geisha idea was dumb, I decided to remove the paint with paint thinner and see the damage underneath. When I took the paint off... all the stains were completely gone. The head looked brand new It was not the thinner I was using to remove the paint because I had already attempted to remove the stains before with thinner and they were not budging. So....????

The only thing I can figure is that sitting in white paint for a significant amount of time 'lifted the stains'. For those with nothing to lose, I'd add a bit of white acrylic and let it dry and stay on for "a while". It's not the fastest was to get results but it actually does work and is dry in it's application letting you use your girl while it's working. It apparently worked for me!

zone music>

Also the title of this thread makes me cringe when I read it. Not because it's bad.... I'm just sensitive to smells because I am nutso. ^^;;;;;;

40283197242_5620dd1681.jpg

Claudia

sounds like the same miracle like the latex cloth guys had ...lol.

i have no idea why that can happend but it happend sometimes maybe its also the uv light.

but its like i say we should try everything to find the maybe a faster way.... if you don´t try you never will know

i know it sounds often realy terrible and sometimes the smell is horror. i had this time luck because i got a bad cold so i dont smell some or get a headache because i had also one

did anyone try also some chlorine?

OtakuDepot
Baldylox .... your doll has a silicone butt or did i understand some wrong

HAHA - That made my day!

Thanks for the info Claudia, I didn't really pay attention to the fact they were talking about Peach Pai and not a regular vinyl bust.

I have 2 jars of RemoveZit which I've heard a good deal about but I haven't yet tried it:

http://www.twinpines.com/Catalog.html?VT=iji_PFmz10eyjIi_aQ2iigqkDbpbcuKQ1VlA8Ib3fv&Tmp_CategoryID=00002

I need to give my Yukino a "treatment" soon and I will let everyone know how it goes.

**James.

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo