Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

geminidoll

SQ Lab

battrastard

Aww, such a sweetie, Gunter!! I like Ichigo, too!

Maybe an Obitsu body? Or possibly felt the joints, I guess....

(tbh, she'd make an awesome MDD!)

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Gunter

I've been considering an alternative body. It sucks cause this outfit is clearly made for a SQ-LAB so I don't know if I could fit it on anything else.

I am just very unsure if I'd wanna swap to Obitsu, or MDD. I am honestly a bit unsure about her petite-ness in general...? Like, it is the smallest SD I've had. I feel like this is even smaller than a Dollmore Zaoll. XD

Too bad I don't like them on DD bodies. I kinda wanna have resin anyways, because I really miss it. I think I'll just have to give it time.

I am starting to lean toward Ichigo haha. XD

Gunter

Excuse double post.

At least the body sits nicely when the legs are crossed. I love crossing their legs haha.

I swapped her wig and eyes around. I like this a bit more.

19128824334_e9621556ce_z.jpg

19756239561_29d1b1882d_z.jpg

Eustia

I really like SQ heads, and would like more (have one atm, and another in the pipeline) but I feel they're probably too small for DD3 girls. Wonderful on MDD, though. I don't have any other types of bodies, and not really interested in getting any since it makes outfitting all the more difficult.

With my first SQ head, I opted for lashes. Not sure if I will on my second, though I do rather like the look, so I probably will.

Gunter

Yeah, I'm keeping the head and parting with the body. I just can't do it--this thing is terrible. I think I'll see about an Obitsu body, or possibly a MDD. I'm not sure and I'm not in a rush to decide. I just know that this body has to go. ><;;

For SQ's I like lashes. I think they fit their better. Not all the time, but definitely is flattering to the molds.

Eustia
Yeah, I'm keeping the head and parting with the body. I just can't do it--this thing is terrible. I think I'll see about an Obitsu body, or possibly a MDD. I'm not sure and I'm not in a rush to decide. I just know that this body has to go. ><;;

For SQ's I like lashes. I think they fit their better. Not all the time, but definitely is flattering to the molds.

You've convinced me (not that I needed much) not to bother with other bodies. If only Volks restocked their MDD bodies, though.

Here's my current SQ, closeup to see lashes;

ibqh5foQNR94BO.jpg

jadepixel

Aw, she's cute with the blue eyes, I really like those!

Have you tried the smaller obitsu bodies? I like the 47cm (or maybe it's 48cm?) that has a slightly pudgy torso, it's very cute for SQ lab size heads. Other resin bodies similar in size... maybe Soom Rosette or Ariadoll? Not sure if they have double-joint knees either, though. I did a lot of searching before I finally gave in and got into vinyl, but I think there are many more options for slim resin bodies now.

Gunter

Yup, lashes look really good.

I've been lookin' into alternatives. I think another part is they need to match at least somewhat to the head. I hate hybriding because the lack of a resin match gets to me. Hopefully I'll get over it though. XD I'll just see about sellin' the body and go from there...

Edit:

I'mma throw in the towel. I think I just don't like this petite of an SD. It is just a bit too strange for my tastes. I feel like she needs to be bigger, but I know from personal experience that even if the SQ can go on a DD body doesn't mean I'll actually like it.

I guess I'll just pass on the fullset to another person. Here hopin' that happens fast.

eg4799

I've been looking at SQ-lab dolls for ages! they all seem to have such adorable faces but the fact they are resin (i'm very clumsy and am scared of breaking it) and that the skin tone differs per batch kind of puts me off maybe one day when i decide to get myself a MDD (probably next) i might go for a SQ-lab head

beesou

I heard the resin is rather thin for SQ labs, but they are pretty *_*

snowysealcat

I have two SQLab girls, a Silva on an Obitsu50 body, and a Chibi Moe. I wish SQLab were easier to order from, because I just love their sculpts. I got Chibi Moe straight from their online store before they seemed to give up on processing orders. The Silvia head came from their Yahoo!Japan Auctions.

13765078995_fcd4ec9bbe_z.jpgIMG_4587 by Rio F, on Flickr

13765437294_afd1daf827_z.jpgIMG_4592 by Rio F, on Flickr

21397071270_5bb0a90c15_z.jpgSilvia by Rio F, on Flickr

20963990553_ec8cb928e5_z.jpgSilvia by Rio F, on Flickr

it's all daijoubu baby

oscarmonkey4

Ahhh i really want a SQ-lab they have so many heads and they're all so cute!

Janeway

I finally found a website that sells on behalf of SQ Lab. https://www.jauce.com/ l have a KSG-L body and head coming home soon.

• Like 1

vengez

So I have a question.. Does anyone know where to put up for adoption a secondhand SQLab girls? I want to avoid eBay at all costs. I bought my Moe (on a 50cm Obitsu body) on FigureFM a few years back, but now the site is closed >< I have two SQLabs and have found myself doting only on my MDD Ren, since she was perfected to my exact image by Clockwork Angel while Moe was an impulse~ xD But they did secure my love for the brand! I think the molds are just too similar? :/

I hope people still check this thread to help me out! I even had a SQlab doll (forget head mold now..) that I had bought from DoA SO, SO many years ago. They have always been a solid company with real cute girls ♡

Home filled with princesses~! ♡ ♡

vengez

And oh!

Back up any questions people had even though most/all have been answered.. Thought I'd put in my own two cents ^^

Their resin is pretty thin; not like a normal BJD at all in my opinion! I never have had trouble with them feeling too heavy on the bodies - both Obitsu and Volks MDD. TBH, when carrying Moe around with my other Volks DDs, she felt to fit in great! And I love their porportions; they fit about any body size really well and don't look bobble-headed like H01 or H04 can *sometimes* on MDD bodies. Oh, and my favorite place to buy from was YahooJP with my proxy. Shipped so quick straight to my artist when Clockwork Angel did her years back~

Home filled with princesses~! ♡ ♡

Toastypasta
On 8/26/2018 at 1:54 PM, Janeway said:

I finally found a website that sells on behalf of SQ Lab. https://www.jauce.com/ l have a KSG-L body and head coming home soon.

OH MY GOSH THANK YOU! Ive been dying to get my hands on a sq lab girl for years and was never quite sure where to buy them (since yahoo japan is normally all in Japanese and i know limited Japanese and I'm afraid to accidentally buy something without knowing!) 

biff

Has anyone had any luck with buying any SQ Lab dolls recently? I bought mine when it was still possible on the website via email

MagicalRozen

Hey everyone, sorry to revive a dead topic but I figured this information was important.

The SQ Labs website is defunct. However, it is still possible to buy SQ Lab heads. The new producer is SADOL. They bought the license to produce them, so they're legit. They actively answer questions, and if there is a head you don't see on their site you can ask in the Q&A section if they have it. I asked if they had an Ayumi head, and they did, so they are extremely helpful and quick to respond. The wayback machine has the archive of all the SQ lab heads, so you can go through them.

I really loved the SQ Lab heads back in the day, so I'm thrilled they're still produced and produced legitimately.

Just some information for you all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Khepra, Ginkgo, TamakiDelilah, HimikoRin, And Others That May Come And Go.

dolloramore

I don't know if this is the right topic to ask but! I'll be ordering very soon a SQ Labs head on the SADOL website, has anyone ordered from them? If so how long did you wait before receiving your order? 😊