The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

DJStarstryker

How do you store your doll clothes/accessories?

DJStarstryker

Our dolls are, ah, becoming quite spoiled. They are acquiring way too many clothes and other accessories. The drawers I have them in now are quite literally overflowing, and there's some things that can't even be put away.

I've been looking around at the storage section and furniture section of various stores, but I haven't found anything that I'm happy with. Either I find bins made out of plastic (don't want) or things too small or too big or something else that isn't quite right.

This post by Danny Choo has this awesome wardrobe that someone gave him for his DD stuff (scroll down past the Reimu pictures). I haven't been able to find anything anywhere close to that. I'm starting to think I'll have to make one myself, but I'm hoping for other possibilities first.

So... what do you use?

Are you ready to rock? ^_^

Jezrah

I love that wardrobe of Danny's but since someone custom made it as a present it's one of a kind. I settled for getting a medium sized cabinet that comes with two adjustable shelves. I put one self very low and keep shoes lined up under there, and the other fairly high. On the top shelf I have small baskets that contain stuffed animals, eraser food, etc. In the middle I put a small tension rod and use it to hang clothes up. I just haven't figured out where to keep my spare wigs yet

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

misskale

I use this old cardboard chest of drawers I have had since middle school. But I've run out as well to be honest.

There are always those plastic crafts drawers.

DJStarstryker
In the middle I put a small tension rod and use it to hang clothes up.

Where have you found DD clothes sized hangars? That's a great idea, I just need a way to hang 'em on the rod.

Jezrah

Oh I buy the ones meant for 18" dolls. There's a line called Springfield that has these. You can get these from various craft stores like Michael's and Joann Fabrics

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Nightmare Tea

I just stuff everything in dresser drawers.

I'm hoping to get some smaller plastic tubs, though.

Alphakitty

I have some of those plastic stacking drawers that are for crafts mainly: a big one for outfits, one for wigs, and a smaller one for shoes. I'd like a cuter display for them, hangers and a closet and such, but that would take up SO much space. This way I can fit all my girls' outfits in a pretty compact space. Though I think when we outgrow them they'll be co-opted for Nendo parts and the doll clothing will just get a drawer in the dresser since we have some empty ones.

DD Family: Mari, Saber Lily, Marisa, Soniko, Noumi, Kirino, Kuroneko, Sakura (DD Sakuno), Aerie, Akira, Kiki, Koko, Rose (DDS Mariko), Kureha, Ryoko, Lucy, Haruka, Rise, Extra & Alter!

baldylox

I keep all my stuff in the spare bedroom and walkin closet. All the big stuff like beds, tables, chairs, etc go in the closet. As far as wigs, accessories and clothes, I keep those in the guest bedroom in plastic containers. The following pics were taken for a photostory so please don't mind the mess, it was done for the story.

This container has all my wigs and DD parts in it along with random stuff for photo shoots.

6821822894_47ea6e490c_z.jpg

DSC_4814 by balldylox, on Flickr

And these 4 containers have all my clothing and props in them. 3 of them are clothes and 1 is accessories.

6821829554_c60fea3947_z.jpg

DSC_4818 by balldylox, on Flickr

My girls have more clothing and stuff than I do! XD

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

DJStarstryker

My girls have more clothing and stuff than I do! XD

Well, there's 12 of them and only 1 of you. That makes total sense.

I thought about plastic drawers. Akira's not as picky, and probably would be OK with plastic drawers. But Rin said that plastic drawers are not classy and seemed annoyed even at the suggestion. I wasn't surprised. She is a high maintenance girl who only wants the best. And since she's the oldest, she seems to get her way, much to my wallet's disappointment.

I think what I'll end up doing is modifying some wooden furniture to either make a doll dresser or a doll wardrobe. And of course, when I say I, that probably will end up meaning my husband. I am a klutz and don't trust myself around saws. I'd cut my fingers off.

jadepixel

I'm using these drawers from Ikea:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40196241/

Originally I got them for papers and art supplies, but DD stuff is taking over. The drawers are a good size to store wigs, shoes, and flattened/bagged clothes without having to dig to find things. Downsides are the open handles do allow some dust into the front, and light objects can get pushed into a lower drawer if you open a drawer that's full.

They're a bit pricey, but my DD family hangs out on top of them so it's multipurpose I suppose

waha

6879885410_2d72acc7d2_b_d.jpg

This is how I keep some of my clothes. Clothes hanger made for 60cm clothes by this one guy on YJA. The accessories and clothes that I can't keep on it I keep in a plastic box.

baldylox

Yeah, that clothing rack is way cool! I wish I had the room to hang stuff like that. As it is my girls stuff takes up too much space, having those would REALLY kill me!

Billy

DJStarstryker
Yeah, that clothing rack is way cool! I wish I had the room to hang stuff like that. As it is my girls stuff takes up too much space, having those would REALLY kill me!

Billy

How many clothing racks like waha's would you need to store all of your doll clothes? With 12 dolls, feels like you'd need so many it'd start looking like a clothes store in your house.

baldylox
How many clothing racks like waha's would you need to store all of your doll clothes? With 12 dolls, feels like you'd need so many it'd start looking like a clothes store in your house.

Unfortunately you're closer than you know with that statement.

If you look at the pics I showed earlier, I have three of those large plastci containers that slide under a bed FULL of just clothing. If I had to guess, I'd say I'd need 20 of those racks. And I cant hang socks and underwear up!

Billy

DefectiveAngel

I have 3 storage containers STUFFED FULL (literally the lids are starting to pop off XD) of my girls clothing along with a random box from Volks that I'm filling up. They desperately need another container or some larger ones.

Not to mention all the miscellaneous little containers and plastic shoe boxes I have with all their accessories, wigs, and so on.

Because of my crazy passion for buying my girls clothes I think I would need about 20 or so of those clothing racks too. XD Which is pretty sad since I only own half the number of girls that Billy does. Safe to say I have some super spoiled rotten girls.

When I get some free time I'll update with some pics of my little fashion divas outfit collection so far. ^_^

RaveOfNightmares

I'm currently using the shipping box that the Black Wing Chair (couch)'s box came inside of, repackaging the outfits in marked ziplock bags within said box. I'm not even halfway through the re-org process. I may only have 8 of my girls here with me, but I clothes shop for all 17 of them... One of those clothes racks wouldn't even hold all of my girls' bras, let alone the swimsuits...

When I get out of the Navy and go back home to Georgia, I plan on having my Dad show me how to operate some power tools and making an attempt at making some DD furniture myself.

21 DD girls: Mio, Marina, Yui, Yoko, Nia, Lily, Arisu, Akina, Momo, Arisa, Yukina, Ayaka, Niimi, Eri, Millefeuille, Ekisu, Chitose, Miyabi, KOS-MOS v.4, Hatsune Miku and God Eater Alisa. 2B in a hopeful future.

Talolili

I store my doll clothes in a decorative box. It's not quite a hat box but's it's very nice and wasn't expensive at all. It's also very roomy.

Edited by Guest

Nekopon

I'm currently using one of my clothing drawers for my Dollfie clothes so we're sharing the same closet, hehe. But that clothing rack is a pretty cool idea! Though I wouldn't know what to do with all the little accessories like headdresses, stockings, shoes, and whatnot. But I am looking for a better way to store my Dollfie clothes, her drawer is getting full!

JoltFiend

With one girl right now, I have a 4 liter storage box that I got from Office Depot and all her clothes and shoes fit in there nicely right now. With more girls on the way, I'll have to get a bigger one since I know I'll have to start getting more outfits.

11698830435_af9057797c_o.jpg

gaiaswill

I have two 18 gal totes containing doll accessories. One is completely dedicated to 1/3 scale clothes and is bursting at the seams. The other contains everything else - including wigs, loose parts and resin supplies - and is only slightly less full.

I store each outfit or set in a Ziploc-type bag with the air pushed out. Makes everything pretty flat, but not flat enough!