The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

DJStarstryker

Street clothes vs other clothing types: which do you prefer?

DJStarstryker

I've noticed that a lot of DD owners here seem to have way more "regular" street-type clothes than we do at my house. But maybe that's just my impression from pictures. I just know that we have a very, very small number of things that you'd consider street clothes. Everything else runs the gamut from anime cosplay customs, Japanese traditional clothing (yukata/kimono/hakama), gothic lolita dresses, punk outfits, and so on. It's certainly not a bad thing. I like how everyone has different looks for their daughters! We just choose to have them in more unusual sorts of clothes.

Also, a lot of our clothes seem to be red, black, or both.

What sorts of clothes do you prefer to have on your dolls? Do you like certain colors on your dolls?

Are you ready to rock? ^_^

misskale

That's an interesting question.

I sort of dress my dolls in things I think are cute. So I do have a lot of street clothes, but I go more detailed than I'd normally have. I also like Kimonos and school uniforms, but I still think of them as street clothes in some ways.

I have one punk outfit and a Sailor suit (like the Navy), but they're not my first go-to outfits. I tend to avoid lolita clothes just because it makes me think of a porcelain doll.

I don't think you're too crazy though for having more elaborate clothes. Street clothes are also generally cheaper too is probably part of it.

Nightmare Tea

I love all different types; frilly, casual, punk... Anything!

But I mostly prefer street clothes. I don't know why, but they scream to me "I'm pretty!"

I've always mostly loved modern things, and I just love what you can do with casual clothing!

I also find it important to give your DD a bit of her own personality, it really does help you dress them.

For example, Suzie strikes me as kind of a spoiled brat, so she wears what you would think a rich girl would wear, while still looking casual.

Poofiemus

Interesting question, and I get the feeling I'm going to have a rather bizarre answer. XD

I buy/make clothes for my girls based off of what I think their characters would wear. For Agatha, since she's from a sort of alternate Victorain era, a lot of the stuff she has she would consider "street" clothes, or probably even "wearing only around people I really know" casual clothes; on the other hand, from say, my perspective, much of her stuff is pretty dressy. (I'd love to get her set up with at least one true Victorian proper ladies' getup, but my sewing skills and/or wallet aren't quite up to that task yet.)

As for Nanoha, she doesn't have much yet, so I'm not entirely sure what her full range of clothes will be. She is more modern though, so she probably comes closer to being approving of what many of us would consider normal street clothes--I'd love to get her a pair of jeans, for instance. She'll wear a lot of things, really, but most lolita stuff is a wee bit too frilly. She likes cuteness, sure, but it seems her sweet spot is a blend of cute and sexy, and lolita isn't high enough on the sexy-meter a lot of the time to make her radar.

I kind of hope one day to have one girl who is willing to wear tacky, almost trailer-trash stuff--just so I have an excuse to get some of those eye-bleedingly horrible fabrics I've seen at the store.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

baldylox

I'd have to say my girls have more casual styled clothes than anything else. They do enjoy dressing up on occasion but most often, they enjoy lounging around the house way more. So they have lots of t-shirt styled stuff, shorts, short skirts and one piece dresses.

A few of my girls prefer dressing up more than others tho. But I don't usually leave them in frilly/lacy/showy outfits for long. I guess since I'm a more street clothes/casual person myself, my girls reflect that.

Pajamas are a big thing here too, all my girls have a set that's their own and they love messing around the house in them.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

DJStarstryker

I have one punk outfit and a Sailor suit (like the Navy), but they're not my first go-to outfits. I tend to avoid lolita clothes just because it makes me think of a porcelain doll.

True, but with the DD anime-style faces, they still don't look quite like a porcelain doll. Recently, we got this older Volks outfit and it is the type a porcelain doll would wear. But on a DD, not a porcelain look at all.

I also find it important to give your DD a bit of her own personality, it really does help you dress them.

For example, Suzie strikes me as kind of a spoiled brat, so she wears what you would think a rich girl would wear, while still looking casual.

I think the problem can be sometimes that it can be hard to think of a personality. At least, that's the case for Akira. She was a doll we acquired quite unexpectedly, and we've only had her for 2 months, I think. I don't think her personality has been quite established yet.

Rin though... yes. She must have pretty, expensive, wallet eating type stuff.

Interesting question, and I get the feeling I'm going to have a rather bizarre answer. XD

I buy/make clothes for my girls based off of what I think their characters would wear.

I like that answer. I honestly don't know how to sew. My DD hobby makes me want to possibly buy a sewing machine so I can attempt to make some things. It kind of bugs me sometimes when I want, say, a simple t-shirt or skirt for my dolls and I even have materials I could make it out of. But lack of a sewing machine or sewing skills makes that impossible at the moment.

I think the fact that you make your own clothes is good too, since it makes your girls more unique!

A few of my girls prefer dressing up more than others tho. But I don't usually leave them in frilly/lacy/showy outfits for long. I guess since I'm a more street clothes/casual person myself, my girls reflect that.

Pajamas are a big thing here too, all my girls have a set that's their own and they love messing around the house in them.

I'm sort of the opposite. I'm a really casual person... yet I like dressing our girls in fancy things I'd never wear or would be too embarrassed to wear.

Our girls don't own any pajamas at all.

misskale

True, but with the DD anime-style faces, they still don't look quite like a porcelain doll. Recently, we got this older Volks outfit and it is the type a porcelain doll would wear. But on a DD, not a porcelain look at all.

I'm more talking about outfits like this or other really frilly ones. They just put me in mind of outfits like this one from the 1890s.

Jezrah

Around the house my girls usually wear street clothes but they all like to dress up for special occasions or to go out.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Waynio

Aoi mainly wears either Jeans/shirt or lounges in "comfy" clothes.

Wayne

baldylox
I'm sort of the opposite. I'm a really casual person... yet I like dressing our girls in fancy things I'd never wear or would be too embarrassed to wear. Our girls don't own any pajamas at all.

I can see that. The girls can get away with wearing all sorts of stuff you or I would never wear out in public. And that's always fun!

As for no PJ's.... what do they sleep in?

Billy

DJStarstryker

As for no PJ's.... what do they sleep in?

Well, we have some underclothes things they could sleep in, like the slip that Yukino/Aoi come with. Other than that... I don't know. Maybe they sleep naked?

baldylox
Well, we have some underclothes things they could sleep in, like the slip that Yukino/Aoi come with. Other than that... I don't know. Maybe they sleep naked?

Ha ha ha! Don't feel bad. Even tho all my girls have PJ's, most of the DDdy girls sleep in only their panties. I have no clue why tho.... silly girls.

Billy

Waynio

Ha ha ha! Don't feel bad. Even tho all my girls have PJ's, most of the DDdy girls sleep in only their panties. I have no clue why tho.... silly girls.

Billy

I think we may know why the sleep in only there panties...

Wayne

baldylox

Wayne

You shut yer pie hole! I thought you had my back!

Billy

Waynio

Wayne

You shut yer pie hole! I thought you had my back!

Billy

I still got your back!! It's a matter of the girls. I think they do it just to taunt you, plus im sure they have "other" reasons as well. I don't think we can blame you, although i think Rei might...

Wayne

baldylox
I still got your back!! It's a matter of the girls. I think they do it just to taunt you, plus im sure they have "other" reasons as well. I don't think we can blame you, although i think Rei might...

Wayne

Ha ha! I agree with you there. I think most of them do it to mess with me but Mai and Mou-chan may have "other" reasons. I think Yoko is just more comfy like that but Manami is all about being naked anyways so I know why she does it.

And yes, I'm sure that Rei and Sango blame me for the DDdy girls bad behavior.

Billy

DJStarstryker

Well, my girls now have PJs as of today. Got Natsuki's PJ set for a good price from Jungle (was actually about the same as VolksUSA price originally was even with exchange rate!). Of course, that's only 1 PJ set and we have multiple girls. Ah well, one step at a time.

milkytea

I really like "street clothes" more than costumes or elaborate formal outfits, but I don't really opt for basic "t-shirts and jeans" clothing as much as I lean towards fashion for young ladies. I don't follow one dedicated trend or style for the dolls, either--just whatever catches my eye. n_n

Ravendruid

Yuriko pretty much wears "Street clothes" because currently that's my level of sewing skill. She would really prefer more cosplay style outfits, but she knows that our time and budget have both been limited recently. Honestly, though, she's happy to wear pretty much anything, as long as she can show it off and it doesn't look like a potato sack.

Daddy of: Yuriko, Sohi, Miku and SK's many kids

12437295384_b307eb5ce8.jpg