Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

juu-yuki

What do you look for in clothing?

juu-yuki

I am curious to hear your opinion on Dollfie Dream clothing. What do you guys look for when shopping for clothes? Do you look for casual stuff like jeans, and t-shirts or do you look for more elaborate outfits like some of the ones from Volks.

Do you like buying sets or pieces? If you like pieces, what do you look for? I am not talking about good quality, I am talking about the type of clothing, tops and bottoms.

Any preferred styles? Korean casual, Japanese Lolitas, old British styles, or your everyday American casual?

waha

1) Is it a dress?

2) Does it have ribbons/laces/frills?

3) ???

4) PROFIT!!

Jokes aside, yes, I do like cutesy dresses for my MDDs but they're a double-edged sword. If outfit is too elaborate and frilly it just starts getting in the way when posing/etc. The recent Petite Strawberry Milk Heart outfit from Volks is an excellent example of outfits I like.

In general though, I try to buy complete outfits... I've bought a handful of cute MDD outfits from Volks recently that are a bit more on the 'normal' side (white knit bunny scarf outfit for example).

I guess I'm not really much for casual clothing, although it would be nice to have something like that... but to me outfits like that fit full size DDs better.

I do have a soft spot for 'punk girl' outfits so maybe I'll invest in something like that for one of my girls...

jadepixel

* Fit- I am picky about fit, so I prefer clothes made specially with DD in mind. I prefer clothes that are a bit sexy and show off the figure, rather than the billowy concealing clothes you see for many dolls.

* Colorfast- I'm paranoid about stains, so lined or light-colored clothes are a must. I like dark colors too, but I find I just don't use those clothes much so it's not a good investment for me.

* Style- I like super frilly girly things - lots of lace and ruffles, and things with a fantasy feeling. Uniforms are also a fave of mine, especially the more fantasy/frilly school uniforms from some anime. Actually there's not a lot of well-fitted pants available for DD - the ones I've seen look like they might stain. So maybe my girls would have a less frilly style if I could get good pants for them!

* Sets- I like sets with pieces that can be mixed and matched easily, though this works best for more modern/casual clothes. But a set feels like a good value to me when I know I can make lots of new outfits from it.

rukitron

colors

moe factor

if it shows the body nicely

archangeli

I have one very general rule:

"Would I wear this?" Casual, formal, lolita, cosplay, whatever the occasion - but if I wouldn't want to wear it, I won't buy it for my dolls either.

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

Anouc
I have one very general rule:

"Would I wear this?" Casual, formal, lolita, cosplay, whatever the occasion - but if I wouldn't want to wear it, I won't buy it for my dolls either.

near the same here ^^ ...but i am "to old" to wear such style, so i would say: i buy what i want to wear by myself but cannot wear XD

the last 3 years i liked casual, casual cute clothes. but atm i like complete dresses with laces and elegant and so on... and mori-style (its littlebearris fault xPPP)

https://www.facebook.com/fantasydolls?ref=hl

☆〜(ゝ。∂) ♥ Dollfie Dream Faceups ~ ☆

sarynkitamo

For my dolls I'll typically have 1-2 fancier dresses, but mostly I like to put them in casual clothes. Which for DD's seems to be relatively hard to find.

misskale

Hrm. I have a mix of stuff.

I use archangeli's "would I wear it" to an extent but also cross that with "would I wear it if I were in Japan" and "would I wear it if I have the body for it". Otherwise they totally wouldn't ever wear bikinis.

But I buy clothes the same way I do for myself. I buy some outfits, but I try to keep things in a similar colour palette so that I can mix most parts around. So, everything is going to stay around there unless it's a plaid or goes with jeans. They're always being paired against a solid so the colour can go farther away from the normal pieces.

Mikuo_Hatsune

something far from reality(its dollfie 'dream' after all), I like the aesthetics of the Nazi German uniforms

so clothes like those do it for me

other than that, gyaru fashion on the side

milkytea

I keep my eyes open for a variety of clothing, although I like girly clothing and not punk, gothic, boyish, or revealing attire. Rather notably I don't purchase lolita fashion or lolita-inspired clothing for my dolls, although it is girly, due to a combination of finding it boring (I wear lolita fashion myself, and I don't necessarily want to dress my dolls to match me.) and not seeing lolita or lolita-inspired clothing made with the quality of materials or aesthetics of design that I prefer.

I like the impression of school uniforms, but they're not something I would actively wear myself so I like to buy them for my dolls. I like casual and semi-formal "girly" outfits of the sort that I would wear. I also try to think of an "image" for each doll and look for clothes accordingly. For example, one of my dolls has clothing that resembles casual "playtime" outfits for an elementary school girl--because the "image" I think of for that doll is an active, mischievous girl of that age. Another doll has several outfits with antique-inspired designs, with many ruffles, lace, layered pieces, neutral colours, flowers, and different fabric textures; her "image" is somewhat inspired by mori girl and somewhat inspired by antique bisque dolls. I don't mind dressing the dolls in different clothing every once in a while, particularly for contrast, but I definitely have my preferences. ♥

Honestly, though, I love shopping for doll clothing! I am tempted by so many things.

still_doll+vk

I'd prefer the cute and gothic loli-types intend fit, though I tried looking for ones that fits a DD/MDD or DDS...I rather would like one to make my own as well. Also I look in for ones that is worn by the characters that isn't released by a DD yet [i.e, like Rika Furude and Taiwan]

you are born not because you have a purpose in this world, you are born because you are special to someone!

[*]Seeu vocaloid dollfie

[*]Taiwan Hetalia dollfie

ohsomoe

With me I would say basically any sort of outfit that has many pieces to it but those pieces could be used on their own to create different outfit combinations. Maybe you can understand me XD. Personally I really like punk rock, lolita, and some sort of causal.

vocaloid_banner_by_aanaru-d47t0l4.png

Ara

First: Quality.

I'm a huge sucker for certain brands and prefer a high quality for my doll-clothes, no matter if DD or BJDs.

Second:

My BJDs have all a set style, fitting their character and background, but with my DD I'm pretty much "whatever floats my boat". I love cute, sporty and girly things, bright and pastell colors. And a bit Lolita too once in a while.

ZZ0WsD1.jpg

sofiel

Kinda what ohsomoe said,

i love seperates. I love having the versatility they offer.

And casual style clothes and vintage laces.

Im a jean shorts and tank top kinda girl myself, and i kinda like that look in my dolls aswell.

And im a sucker for mori style too because i cant pull this look off in real life, i like my dolls wearing itxD