Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
kyojie011

is it harmful to your girl?

kyojie011

i saw some photos and growing~~... that many parents put their daughters in the water (most of them are at their doll's feet level) for photoshooting, which for me is always stunning and gorgeous.. is it safe to have your girls to be in te water? will it harm their parts? esp their feet? i'm just one curious DD owner.. ^^,

Talolili

I see photos like that all the time during summer. I've never tried it personally, but I hear as long as water doesn't get inside the doll's joints (could cause mold otherwise), everything should be fine. I'm not 100% positive about that though.

Kumi

Remember, there are metal screws / bolts inside the DD armature.

Water is never 100% pure and may cause corrosion, so You have to dry the doll after the bath.

Salt water is not that bad, but probably You should avoid it or flush it with tap water.

Janeway

I say it's ok as long as you dry out the dollfies parts good.

animex99

If you're going to do that you just need to be very careful, and make sure they get really dried out. Or you could get a spare swimming body I guess. ^_^

baldylox

I've had Manami at the beach before and only got her feet wet. But I still took her completely apart when I got home to wash her so no salty water, sand or other stuff would stay on her. She hasn't had any issues.

I also just did a photoshoot where water was used and all I did was make sure to dry the girls off right after i took the pics. No bad effects at all.

Now, I wouldn't SUBMERGE any of my girls in water, no matter how clean I thought it was. As stated, the DD skeleton has screws in it and those *can* corrode so I'd rather not push my luck and get my girls in any deep water at all. but I don't see any problems with going wading up to their knees. Just rinse them with fresh water and dry them well afterwards and you should have no problems.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

MarietteMacaron

Oh well, you should have experience no? Didn't something happen to your DD before dealing with the water? Yuki on vacation

DJStarstryker

Salt water and salt air is incredibly corrosive. My car has gotten beaten up pretty badly by those 2 things in those last few years.

I highly suggest you avoid putting dolls in ocean water. If you do, rinse that salt water off with clean water as soon as you get home and let the doll dry completely. Make sure ALL water is out, as if you leave any water in, plastic can get moldy and gross. I used to have toys I played with as a kid in the bath, so I know about the not drying completely + mold thing.

Also, try not to get any on the face up. I wouldn't be surprised if salt water and/or sand rubbed the face up off a bit.

Are you ready to rock? ^_^

kyojie011

thnks guys,, so the main point here is, no salt water and if you have put them in, dry it out and make sure no other things stay with your doll,, ^^, got that..

Oh well, you should have experience no? Didn't something happen to your DD before dealing with the water? Yuki on vacation

aaahhh,, the day when my friend scrub something on her? it was not her body though, it's just the head..