Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

My girls! NEW PICS!! 12-3-23

baldylox
On 8/14/2023 at 6:47 PM, TheWhiteRabbit said:

Beautiful bunch as always! Mio and Mariko are adorable. The Excellen scuplt looks much nicer with a softer lip color, she's such a pretty girl, those bight lips are distracting imo. 

Thank you!  <3 

I agree about Excellen, she's very under rated in my opinion because of that terrible lip color they chose for her default.  Repainted she can be extremely pretty!  I'm super happy with both of mine and as I said, I need to get pics of them both together.

Billy

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

PolitelyNefarious

I have been eagerly awaiting these posts. So many good girls! Where to begin?

• Akachii is so spunky. Those butterflies and twin tails add tremendous character. Is she a sweeter girl or a feistier girl?
  • Congratulations on Usagi and Miu!! Two beloved girls who are ready to be spoiled at your house.
  • Momo and Browning are both painfully underrated. We love some diverse noses / lips. It's nice to see them get the love they deserve, and Browning looks infinitely better with her nude lipstick, hands down. Thanks, EblKitty!
  • Azalea is love! I wanted to adopt her when she was on Instagram, but never found the money in time. I'm so glad to see her again, and in a household where she'll be enjoyed. There is so much good detail in her unique faceup, and a less common colour like that lime green wig highlights it nicely. More elves is always a good number.
  • Holy wow! New Icon alert! The fantasy-skin girls are my favorite. She's so stunning. It is amazing to me to think about these places where there are enough local collectors to have meetups where you see girls like her up for adoption. Congratulations! The sisters are well-suited to each other.
  • Mariko. My personal favorite of the After School girls. I'm biased here, but I've always thought she shines even brighter in custom makeup. I'm so glad you gave her another chance, now that your family's style has expanded, because she's such a sweet girl. That wig suits her too- soft and a bit windblown.
  • Mio's a sweetheart. I thought she was an Iori at first- that faceup brings out all of 06's best points, wow! I like the style you've chosen for her. Sweet schoolgirl, but with colour. Hopefully she enjoys the meetup, because she looks like she's got boundless energy to share.

Thank you for keeping us updated. Your girls are so diverse in their personalities and aesthetics- no matter who you share, it is always a pleasure to see.

• Like 1

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

baldylox
16 hours ago, PolitelyNefarious said:

I have been eagerly awaiting these posts. So many good girls! Where to begin?

• Akachii is so spunky. Those butterflies and twin tails add tremendous character. Is she a sweeter girl or a feistier girl?
  • Congratulations on Usagi and Miu!! Two beloved girls who are ready to be spoiled at your house.
  • Momo and Browning are both painfully underrated. We love some diverse noses / lips. It's nice to see them get the love they deserve, and Browning looks infinitely better with her nude lipstick, hands down. Thanks, EblKitty!
  • Azalea is love! I wanted to adopt her when she was on Instagram, but never found the money in time. I'm so glad to see her again, and in a household where she'll be enjoyed. There is so much good detail in her unique faceup, and a less common colour like that lime green wig highlights it nicely. More elves is always a good number.
  • Holy wow! New Icon alert! The fantasy-skin girls are my favorite. She's so stunning. It is amazing to me to think about these places where there are enough local collectors to have meetups where you see girls like her up for adoption. Congratulations! The sisters are well-suited to each other.
  • Mariko. My personal favorite of the After School girls. I'm biased here, but I've always thought she shines even brighter in custom makeup. I'm so glad you gave her another chance, now that your family's style has expanded, because she's such a sweet girl. That wig suits her too- soft and a bit windblown.
  • Mio's a sweetheart. I thought she was an Iori at first- that faceup brings out all of 06's best points, wow! I like the style you've chosen for her. Sweet schoolgirl, but with colour. Hopefully she enjoys the meetup, because she looks like she's got boundless energy to share.

Thank you for keeping us updated. Your girls are so diverse in their personalities and aesthetics- no matter who you share, it is always a pleasure to see.

Wow, I'm so flattered by your detailed response! <3  Thank you soooooo much!  It makes me happy to read things like this when I share my girls because it lets me know and understand what others like to see and why.  I really appreciate it!

I'm a real sucker for older sculpts for some reason.  They just speak to me.  I guess it's because I "grew up" in the hobby with all the original heads like the 01 thru 05.  Those heads give such great looks no matter how you paint them.  They can also give off so many emotions just from lighting differences and different camera angles.  I really love that.

I still have lots more girls to share so I do hope to read another wonderful reply like this one about them!  :) 

Billy

• Like 2

Xiongmao

I think I would like to get more into the older sculpts too. I guess Erica Fontaine's my oldest DD and she definitely has bit of a retro vibe about her. She's been a bit neglected but I'll try to take more photos of her.

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

baldylox
5 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

I think I would like to get more into the older sculpts too. I guess Erica Fontaine's my oldest DD and she definitely has bit of a retro vibe about her. She's been a bit neglected but I'll try to take more photos of her.

The nice thing about the older girls is that they are usually really good prices on Mandarake.  I've bought a few for less than $200 USD as full sets! 😄 Erica is a pretty one and she has that retro style due to the anime she's from.  Sakura Wars is an older show but still very cool.

Billy

• Like 1

baldylox

Weekend update!  😄 

We've got a few really cool girls this time so check out the pics and info!

First up is everyones favorite Ikki Tousen girl, Ryomou Shimei!

53110130589_0735a63fdd_z.jpg20230207_163001 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Ok, maybe not *everyones* favorite girl but certainly mine!  Mou-chan is my all time favorite anime girl ever.  She's the one who got me hooked on maids and short blue haircuts on anime girls. She was my grail doll for a while but I got my original of her back in 2011.

53110130969_37f0bd0739_z.jpg20230207_163014 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Since I got my original one, I've always wanted a twin for her to hang out with.  Twin Ryomous just sounded like a good idea to me.  😉 I almost had one a few years ago but the seller backed out on the deal after quoting me a low price on just her head.  So I had to wait for this one to come around.

53110338235_e76c20e9bb_z.jpg20230218_124313 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Compared to the going market rate for her, I got a very good deal on her.  She was almost complete but luckily I had the parts she was missing already.  So now she's my second complete one.  My original is in the pics wearing the white Sasara V2 outfit.

53110428383_8b2cab8b33_z.jpg20230218_124608 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Next up we have another Smartdoll, Genesis!

53110135709_695c68d740_z.jpg20230320_144116 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

As with most of my dolls, I wasn't actively looking for this girl, she just happened to pop up at a good time and at a great price.

53110135704_f1627f3868_z.jpg20230320_144144 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

She looks so sweet and has a very energetic vibe about her.  I think she might be into sports and a bit of a tomboy.  <3 

And she likes cats.

53110343365_fe3453b8e6_z.jpg20230320_144317 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

This next girl is still a bit of a mystery for me.  I had bought her full outfit and armor set when she first came out because I had to choose between her and the original Blue Saber in her new release.  I couldn't afford them both so I got Saber and then grabbed this girls pieces just after.  Of course, it's Joan of Arc/Jeanna D'Arc!

53109356097_bcc57cfc7b_z.jpg20230318_135900 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

This one has had a redo on her face and I really like it!

53110136194_79899dbb30_z.jpg20230318_135910 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

So far she seems very aloof and doesn't talk to me much.  She didn't come with her default outfit so I gave her that cheongsam to wear.  Maybe she doesn't like it? 

53110343735_2ff94bacd9_z.jpg20230318_161255 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

She has made a very good friend tho, my newer Excellen has taken a real shine to her.  They are inseparable!  Which I think is cute.  :) 

53110343820_7290544139_z.jpg20230319_083955 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

I'll get her figured out eventually, she's just the strong silent type I think.

Oh look!  Another Ikki Tousen girl!  It's Kanu Unchou!

53110343955_6231e5e77d_z.jpg20230320_163059 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

I love the tan girls.  😄 

53110343905_5ba6a163ea_z.jpg20230320_165921 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

And guess what?  She's also a twin!  LOL

53109357592_f48f401970_z.jpg20230325_102244 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

I adopted her from the same guy I got Mou-chan from.  She was also a great price and almost complete.  And just like Mou-chan, I had the extra bits she was missing already so now she too is complete.  She gets along well with her twin that I've had since 2013..... she really likes her sisters big soft silicone boobs.  She sleeps on them all the time.  XD 

53109932301_15b07bc0e8_z.jpg20230325_151445 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Last for this update is one of my favorite girls ever.  She's a very old one too, one of the first to be released on the DD2 body when it was new!  Say hello to Sirius!

53110341625_e2cc607dfd_z.jpg20230311_133141 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

I found her on Mandarake at a super cheap price.  I was stunned that she was priced so low.  I snapped her up up in a heartbeat.

53110341745_49f961915b_z.jpg20230311_133154 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

When she arrived, I found that ALL of her default items were BRAND NEW!  They had never been opened!  Her wig, clothing and shoes were all still sealed in their bags, it was crazy!  I immediately put her in them because I like how simple but cool her setup is.

53109354807_3021a4f2af_z.jpg20230311_133319 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Sirius loves being outdoors and is very stoic.  She almost seems robotic in how she moves and studies things... she's super inquisitive about everything.  Of course that means she's good buddies with our resident scientist Rei.  😉 

53110433133_b06ce8aab5_z.jpg20230311_133558 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

That's it for this update.  Look for more soon!  Thanks so much for looking! 

Billy

• Like 9

TheWhiteRabbit

Wow! Some nice additions again! The Mou and Kanu twins are awesome, both those girls are beauties (I'd like to have a Kanu in particular in my family some day). The new smartie is a cutie, and you cant got wrong with an OG Sirius <3 

• Like 1

Follow me on Twitter :)https://twitter.com/WhiteRabbit887

Xiongmao

Towa so wants that Kanu school outfit. I've never seen it for sale though. Also I've told her it's not a good outfit to wear in the winter months, especially as we have such a general lack of pantsu.

We have a bit of Ikki stuff here though, including a massive bag a [human] Ikki Ryomou cosplayer thrust into my arms when I was in Akihabara back in 2010.

If you want to rehome some more older DD there's a Haruhi on YJA for a very low price, but she doesn't come with her outfit.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

baldylox
22 hours ago, TheWhiteRabbit said:

Wow! Some nice additions again! The Mou and Kanu twins are awesome, both those girls are beauties (I'd like to have a Kanu in particular in my family some day). The new smartie is a cutie, and you cant got wrong with an OG Sirius <3 

Thank you very much! The IT girls are some of my most favorite DD characters.  I really wish they had made a few more of them, especially Ryofu.  She was awesome.  The SmD is a cutie and she's been quite fun to have around.  I really didn't think I'd be getting any more of them but she started a bit of a landslide.... you'll see what I mean soon.  😉 

And OMG YES I love Sirius!  The 05 girls really hit me in the nostalgia and style feels.  I'm not sure what it is about them that I like so much but man, they are just so cool to me.  <3 

4 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Towa so wants that Kanu school outfit. I've never seen it for sale though. Also I've told her it's not a good outfit to wear in the winter months, especially as we have such a general lack of pantsu.

We have a bit of Ikki stuff here though, including a massive bag a [human] Ikki Ryomou cosplayer thrust into my arms when I was in Akihabara back in 2010.

If you want to rehome some more older DD there's a Haruhi on YJA for a very low price, but she doesn't come with her outfit.

Sorry to say this but I wish I'd have known.... I've sold TWO of those outfits in various stages of completeness in the past 3 to 4 months.  This girl had an almost complete set but I happened to have a spare outfit here that had those parts i needed.  So now I have 2 fully complete sets for my twins along with one other full set as a backup.  At one time I had like 5 or 6 of them but sold off the partials to help pay for other things.  They pop up here and there so if I see one I will definitely let you know so Towa can get her outfit!  😄 

Oh man what kind of bag is it?  I rarely see IT cosplayers and the one time I did, I was a mess.  Words failed me and I was just all DUHHH.  But I did manage pics of her with my Ryomou in maid gear!  <3 

I've been after a Haruhi for a while now!  And I happen to have a spare school uniform for my Mikuru Asahina!  Can you link me to that Haruhi please??

Billy

Tira
On 8/19/2023 at 8:09 PM, baldylox said:

Next up we have another Smartdoll, Genesis!

Actually, I think that's Athena. She's definitely the Kanata sculpt, while Genesis is semi-real, rather than anime. She's very pretty either way.

The yellow eyes in Jeanne remind me of Jeanne Alter, though her soft, sweet expression certainly doesn't. The picture of her and Excellen is cute; I'm getting some "she said no pickles" vibes from it.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Tira said:

Actually, I think that's Athena. She's definitely the Kanata sculpt, while Genesis is semi-real, rather than anime. She's very pretty either way.

I thought Athena was Kizuna sculpt, or is Kizuna 2 a Kanata sculpt?

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

baldylox

FINE!  IT'S ATHENA.

Sheesh.  😉 

Gimmie a break, we all know that all Smartdolls are Mirai.  😄  LOL  

I got a Genesis AND Athena very close to each other and I suck with all the names for the same damn head that Smartdoll uses.  So I guess I need to look at them a bit more to figure out what makes them different.

8 hours ago, Tira said:

The yellow eyes in Jeanne remind me of Jeanne Alter, though her soft, sweet expression certainly doesn't. The picture of her and Excellen is cute; I'm getting some "she said no pickles" vibes from it.

Thanks!  You are right, that's Athena.  I double checked my adoption list and Genesis came first so it should have been her in the pics before Athena.  But since I can't tell the difference on their sculpts yet, I screwed it up.  But that's ok, the REAL Genesis will be shared here soon!  :) 

Thank you about Jeanne too.  I really love those eyes in her and didn't even think about Jalter.  Cool that you saw that!  And yes, I think that Jeanne is the muscle in that pairing for sure.  <3 

Billy

• Haha 2

Xiongmao

Real life Ryomou from my fabulous trip to Tokyo in April 2010...

I still have my giveaway bag all these years later. If I find it again I'll take a photo of all my girls in it.

I just remembered that WORKING!! signage - was that an anime?

The DDdy Kanu outfit is on our (very) long term want list, and if it ever appears we'll pick it up.

spacer.png

• Like 4

baldylox
5 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Real life Ryomou from my fabulous trip to Tokyo in April 2010...

I still have my giveaway bag all these years later. If I find it again I'll take a photo of all my girls in it.

I just remembered that WORKING!! signage - was that an anime?

The DDdy Kanu outfit is on our (very) long term want list, and if it ever appears we'll pick it up.

spacer.png

OMG THAT BAG!!!!  Those are amazing!  That Mou-chan is also VERY well done!  Man, you are so lucky seeing her and getting a bag!  I'm totes jealous! <3 

And yes, Working! is an anime, quite a good one too!  It's about some kids working in a family restaurant setting and it's a fun show.  I think there were 2 seasons, maybe 3?  Check it out if you can.

If I see another Kanu setup available I'll definitely let you know!

Billy

• Like 2

baldylox

Ah ha!  I found the pics I have of the only Ryomou cosplayer I've ever seen in person.  This was in Raleigh NC at Animazement back in 2011.  Geez time flies!

5776549050_7c70f795a2_z.jpgDSC09670 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Her friend was dressed as Hakufu!

5776555678_2e3b221d15_z.jpgDSC09671 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

And me with full size and mini versions.  😄

5776567866_6392eb9891_z.jpgDSC09673 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Ahh those were the days.  I need to go to more cons dammit.

Billy

• Like 5

Xiongmao

Wow cool photos! I so want to take one of my girls to an anime convention. I guess if my girl was dressed as somebody topical she'd get a lot more interest. Kirika's used to a bit of fame though as she kind of went viral for a few hours last night 😵.

I have a lot of stuff from my trips to Tokyo back in 07-10. I picked up a lot of fliers from Akiba otaku stores. People sell them on YJA too but I guess mine are vintage now.

I think we have the DDdy Hakufu outfit, or at least a variant of it. It's one of the first outfits I ever bought for Towa. That skirt is super short - no wonder Uzuki is blushing 😳.

spacer.png

• Like 2

baldylox
6 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Wow cool photos! I so want to take one of my girls to an anime convention. I guess if my girl was dressed as somebody topical she'd get a lot more interest.

Thank you!  It definitely helps garner attention if your dolls are dressed as anime girls at an anime con.  😉 Every time we go we bring popular girls like Rin Tousaka or Yoko Littner or Rei Ayanami etc.  I've got lots of pics of my girls with their cosplayer counterparts.  It's fun to see cosplayers with doll versions of the girl they're dressed as.

6 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

I think we have the DDdy Hakufu outfit, or at least a variant of it. It's one of the first outfits I ever bought for Towa.

Actually that's the Ryomou school uniform.  But since Hakufu goes to the same school, it would be similar.  The only differences are the socks and shoes.  The Ryomou set comes with blue socks and black boots.  Hakufu's outfit in the anime had regular school issued brown loafers and short white socks.  Unfortunately they never made a Sonsaku set or doll.  I had Manami cosplay as Sonsaku years ago using a duplicate Mou-chan set and it was quite cool to see.  I'll have to dig up pics of that if I can find them.

Billy

• Like 1

Xiongmao
On 8/25/2023 at 12:25 AM, baldylox said:

Actually that's the Ryomou school uniform.  But since Hakufu goes to the same school, it would be similar.  The only differences are the socks and shoes.  The Ryomou set comes with blue socks and black boots.  Hakufu's outfit in the anime had regular school issued brown loafers and short white socks.  Unfortunately they never made a Sonsaku set or doll.  I had Manami cosplay as Sonsaku years ago using a duplicate Mou-chan set and it was quite cool to see.  I'll have to dig up pics of that if I can find them.

Ah I just realised I'd cropped Towa's feet off in that photo. She was a little embarrased the boots were a little shoddy but I told her some plastic glue would fix them up.

I think Kizuna would be a great choice for a convention but I'd be paranoid she'd lose her headband 😵.

I'd probably end up taking Kirika cosplaying as Miku, as everybody loves a Miku.

• Like 1

baldylox

Finally got some time to do another update!

First up is this girl that I got as just a head and had to add a body for.  It's Karin! 

53110435368_fbd954cd0e_z.jpg20230325_132423 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Yes, the DDP Karin!  I put her on a DDS M-bust body because I had a spare one.  😄 

53110345735_fe19365441_z.jpg20230325_132440 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

I had Eblktty redo her face up and she turned out awesome as usual.  <3

53109358212_3aafdaffdb_z.jpg20230325_132447 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

53110138559_576d2c5114_z.jpg20230325_132511 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

I just happened to have these eyes and wig here in the collection.  Eblktty picked them out and I liked the color scheme so we went with it!

53109931036_25d6fee54a_z.jpg20230325_132530 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Really happy with how she turned out!

Now this next girl has a story to her.  Pay attention!  😉 

As most people know, I really like the old school DD girls that came out back in the early to mid 2000's era.  Girls like Mirai, Candy, Sanjie and this girl, Femi!

53157205212_04cb5d9a6b_z.jpg20230603_135846 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

So I search on Ebay and Mandarake and other places almost daily looking for things and dolls I want so I don't miss too much really.  But I did happen to miss a Femi that showed up on Mandarake along with another old school girl named Kotori.  Luckily a buddy saw her and messaged me about her.  Unfortunately I was between paychecks and didn't have the money to get her at that time.  But.....

53157205207_c1cf066efb_z.jpg20230603_135907 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

All I had to do was wait until Friday when I got paid and I could buy them both!  It was Tuesday so they would still be there right?  WRONG.  Thursday my guy hits me with "Congrats!  I saw you got both girls!"  Ummmm no man, that wasn't me.  :(  Both of them were almost new in box at under $200 each so I had planned to get both of them because I'd been after Femi for a while and Kotori was a cutie.  But someone beat me to the punch.

53158279088_8ef7c2dd37_z.jpg20230603_140407 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Anyways, just 2 weeks after that my buddy sends me a link to a Facebook post showing THE SAME TWO GIRLS for sale!  I'm like WTF MAN.  I go look and it's the same identical girls, boxes and everything.  Thing is tho.... this seller is asking $500 for one and $600 for the other.  @%!&#(*&@^%$!  Damn flippers!

53158211340_64c252b0ac_z.jpg20230603_140421 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

So one thing leads to another and over the course of a couple of weeks, the seller slowly drops the prices and then says OBO on the listing.  I shoot them an offer they don't like and instead of negotiating, they just block me.  >_< 

53158211360_4aa62b1b19_z.jpg20230429_121727 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

I tell my buddy about it and he decides to make the seller an offer as well.  Turns out it's the same offer I gave and they accepted it!  So he buys Femi, I pay him the money and I pick up Femi at the next doll meet!  😄 

53157989624_e172f8f9c6_z.jpg20230429_114349 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

So while I may not have gotten her for the cheapest price originally, I still got to pay the price I wanted to and the seller got their money back and Femi got a good home where she was immediately taken to two doll meets in a row.  <3 

Oddly enough, the next adoptee also has a story.  LOL  This one is much cooler tho.

So 2 years ago I bought a Mako DDdy from a friend in Charlotte because he needed money at the time.  I told him that he could buy her back at any time after that because I knew he loved her a lot.  A year goes by and he starts talking about buying her back.  I'm like cool, no worries.  But he keeps putting it off and dragging it out and every time he visits me he grabs her and hangs out with her.  So after a couple of meets go by, I decide to hook him up.  I asked when his birthday is and had passed a month or two back.  I handed him his Mako and said happy birthday buddy, she's yours again.  He about died!  His jaw literally dropped open because he was not expecting that at all.

But....

He had already had something in his head to set up a trade for her.  LOL  Seems he wasn't doing much with his Saber Alter and she had been stained a bit by some stockings.  He said she'd been sitting in a drawer in pieces for months now and he wanted to trade her for his Mako.  So since I had already given Mako to him, we wound up trading his Alter for an equivalent amount of clothing.  Everyone wins!

Here's a shot of poor Alters legs before stain treatments began.

53110140584_ce14228a5b_z.jpg20230422_083411 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

After her stain treatments I gave her a bath in hydrogen peroxide and put her under UV lights for 24 hours.  This took all the yellowing out of her skin and made her look almost new again!

53109933156_5e7954e881_z.jpg20230503_150921 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

I did not get her default eyes with her.  Instead she came with these custom Rei eyes made by Ersa Flora.  My friend had bought them from me a while back and I liked how they looked in her.  I then gave her a wig from Dallas Doll Co.  I love how it looks on her.

53109933096_e6ceac8996_z.jpg20230503_150929 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

I wanted it to be blonde and have a braid because Saber.  But this goes well with her eyes and looks cool on her.

53110348495_65c63b09fb_z.jpg20230503_150959 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Since these pics were taken she got a bust upsizing to a WS Shapely L-bust.  It was one of the last ones Volks USA had in stock.

Billy

• Like 8

PolitelyNefarious

*Deep breath*

🎶Uuuuunited States, Canada, Mexico, Panama, Haiti, Jamaica, Peru-🎶

....Okay, okay, I'll stop. But I always think of that song when the lists are longer. 😆 Let's talk some girls.

I actually started a reply to the last post a while back but the forum ate it.

• A Ryomou! I haven't seen one of these girls in a long, long time. She's pristine. Congratulations on finally attaining your twins!
  • Athena's a cutie. Love her soft faceup. She's a Kizuna/Kanata sculpt under there, yeah. And she looks great in tea skin with purple hair! I dig her tomboy vibes. Not enough of those in the vinyl world.
  • Jeanne might be my favorite Saber ever! No lies. I've been in love with this girl for a long, long time, through all her iterations, but my favorites by far are the custom ones. I just feel that all Dollfie sculpts have so much potential under the hand of a good painter, no matter how nice the defaults might be. There's so much to love here. Those strong brows. The glowing full lips. The soft eyeshadow that lights up her face. And those eyes and that wig are a 10/10 choice. She's a knockout! Just phenomenal.
  • Kanu was a wild catch too. Congratulations! I always think of MagicalRozen when I see her- she is definitely grail-worthy. Tan is a gorgeous colour for sure, and she's got a nice, strong face, stronger nose... she's dynamic in everything she does.
  • Sirius is a dream. She's like the embodiment of my oldschool hobby nostalgia. Those cat girls were everywhere back then, and now you rarely see them. Clearly she was waiting for you to find and love her! Pristine and all. She's a treasure, and despite her simpler faceup, she's very elegant and serene.
  • Kariiiin! I feel like she's always sold out on Volks- I don't remember the last time I saw her in stock. A fine find! Her little overbite is great, and so are those inquisitive eyes. I'm liking the purple a lot. The few Karin owners I've encountered have largely kept her stock, so it feels great to see her get a nice little makeover that highlights her fine face and that gorgeous Eblkitty makeup. She nailed the sparkles!
  • Augh. Scalplers. I hate existing with them. I hate dealing with them even more. So glad you got Femi in the end, although it's unfortunate that Kotori is still trapped in Wonderland- where finances are nonsense. 🥴 I wish she could have come home in time with you instead. Blocking you on the spot was preposterous, especially when they turned around and took your buddy's offer! People are strange. At least Femi has a home where she'll be loved now, and may I say, she's looking stunning. Her face just pops with those stylized bangs and jet black - red combo.
  • Alter's a lovely, lovely girl, and she cleaned up like a dream. I'm digging her faceup too. Somehow red eyes just work in Saber. Are you trying to tell me to get a Saber? And what a story to her too! It was so kind of you to return Mako, even if he insisted on a trade. I hope he spoils her rotten with those new clothes, as it sounds like she is very much loved. Everyone wins indeed!

I'm not going to comment on the Icy Fortune girl, but it was my impression that particular line is not recasted, at least the last time I saw them brought up by other hobbyists. However, the company that makes them (Companies? It's one of those Eva / Ucanaan / Knockoff Yu-loli groups) is notorious for lifting other people's work.

• Like 1

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

Rajke

Nice new additions with some background story. Love the Karin sculpt.

The older DD are rarely appearing but the do appear from time to time. Glad you found one but I fully understand your frustration regarding the scalper. 
Despite her age she looks like she is in good condition. If you want I can set up a few alerts on MFC if you are in search for specific sculpts or years. 

The Match Girl looks indeed cute. I have looked up some info but I cannot find proof that she is a bootleg. I also cannot find proof she is legit.
On Reddit there was a discussion of this brand in the past but no one could link the headsculpt to an existing one. What I did discover is that some dolls of this brand have an EU type approval. If that is the case then there must be somewhere on the doll, manual or box a CE mark (don’t know if this applies for stock specifically for other markets).
She looks cute and well made. Also watch out for her ankle joints. From the info I found, that is the weakest point of the doll. 

@onion20@   This is a signature.

baldylox
On 9/1/2023 at 11:40 PM, Jezrah said:

Yay, a Karin! She's an underrated girl. Yours is a cutie! ❤

Thanks so much!  I agree, she has such good potential beyond her default look!  I'm glad you like her!  :)

On 9/2/2023 at 2:59 AM, PolitelyNefarious said:

*Deep breath*

🎶Uuuuunited States, Canada, Mexico, Panama, Haiti, Jamaica, Peru-🎶

....Okay, okay, I'll stop. But I always think of that song when the lists are longer. 😆 Let's talk some girls.

I actually started a reply to the last post a while back but the forum ate it.

• A Ryomou! I haven't seen one of these girls in a long, long time. She's pristine. Congratulations on finally attaining your twins!
  • Athena's a cutie. Love her soft faceup. She's a Kizuna/Kanata sculpt under there, yeah. And she looks great in tea skin with purple hair! I dig her tomboy vibes. Not enough of those in the vinyl world.
  • Jeanne might be my favorite Saber ever! No lies. I've been in love with this girl for a long, long time, through all her iterations, but my favorites by far are the custom ones. I just feel that all Dollfie sculpts have so much potential under the hand of a good painter, no matter how nice the defaults might be. There's so much to love here. Those strong brows. The glowing full lips. The soft eyeshadow that lights up her face. And those eyes and that wig are a 10/10 choice. She's a knockout! Just phenomenal.
  • Kanu was a wild catch too. Congratulations! I always think of MagicalRozen when I see her- she is definitely grail-worthy. Tan is a gorgeous colour for sure, and she's got a nice, strong face, stronger nose... she's dynamic in everything she does.
  • Sirius is a dream. She's like the embodiment of my oldschool hobby nostalgia. Those cat girls were everywhere back then, and now you rarely see them. Clearly she was waiting for you to find and love her! Pristine and all. She's a treasure, and despite her simpler faceup, she's very elegant and serene.
  • Kariiiin! I feel like she's always sold out on Volks- I don't remember the last time I saw her in stock. A fine find! Her little overbite is great, and so are those inquisitive eyes. I'm liking the purple a lot. The few Karin owners I've encountered have largely kept her stock, so it feels great to see her get a nice little makeover that highlights her fine face and that gorgeous Eblkitty makeup. She nailed the sparkles!
  • Augh. Scalplers. I hate existing with them. I hate dealing with them even more. So glad you got Femi in the end, although it's unfortunate that Kotori is still trapped in Wonderland- where finances are nonsense. 🥴 I wish she could have come home in time with you instead. Blocking you on the spot was preposterous, especially when they turned around and took your buddy's offer! People are strange. At least Femi has a home where she'll be loved now, and may I say, she's looking stunning. Her face just pops with those stylized bangs and jet black - red combo.
  • Alter's a lovely, lovely girl, and she cleaned up like a dream. I'm digging her faceup too. Somehow red eyes just work in Saber. Are you trying to tell me to get a Saber? And what a story to her too! It was so kind of you to return Mako, even if he insisted on a trade. I hope he spoils her rotten with those new clothes, as it sounds like she is very much loved. Everyone wins indeed!

I'm not going to comment on the Icy Fortune girl, but it was my impression that particular line is not recasted, at least the last time I saw them brought up by other hobbyists. However, the company that makes them (Companies? It's one of those Eva / Ucanaan / Knockoff Yu-loli groups) is notorious for lifting other people's work.

Thank you so much for all the wonderful replies and compliments! It's so nice to read them all.  I really appreciate your thoughts!  And yes, you DO need a Saber!  😄  

On 9/2/2023 at 5:33 AM, Rajke said:

Nice new additions with some background story. Love the Karin sculpt.

The older DD are rarely appearing but the do appear from time to time. Glad you found one but I fully understand your frustration regarding the scalper. 
Despite her age she looks like she is in good condition. If you want I can set up a few alerts on MFC if you are in search for specific sculpts or years. 

Thank you very much!  It's true that the older girls are getting harder to find so it's nice when they do pop up.  I don't have any specific ones I'm after other than the original Mirai and Candy.  But I might be happy with their new releases too depending on price.  I appreciate you keeping an eye open for me!

Billy

• Like 4

Rajke
3 hours ago, baldylox said:

Thank you very much!  It's true that the older girls are getting harder to find so it's nice when they do pop up.  I don't have any specific ones I'm after other than the original Mirai and Candy.  But I might be happy with their new releases too depending on price.  I appreciate you keeping an eye open for me!

There's a copyright and logo inside of these dolls heads.  I'm not sure if that's what you mean or not.  But like I mentioned above, I talked to quite a few resin collectors about these dolls before I thought about getting one and all of them agreed that these aren't recasts.  A guy I know in NC had a few and he brought them to a meet before I bought one.  He passed them around to everyone there and one of those people is highly respected in the resin community.  She said the hands looked similar to a doll she had but the finger placement was different.  Nothing else looked suspect to her after thoroughly inspecting these dolls.  So for now, we consider them safe.

Billy

Placed the alert for Mirai and Candy. Very curious if and were they will pop up. I let you know if I discover one of these. 

The price was what worried me the most actually. I had some feeling that they are legit when I found them on sale on a German webshop. He mentioned that the dolls have an European type of approval. Therefore it is possible you see the mark below somewhere on the doll, manual or box. IMG_5868.jpeg.5aee6b9e176ee369dd0765e0560c3d26.jpeg
Left is the official mark. The one right indicates a fake product. Because yours was probably not made for the European market it is possible that you don’t find the CE marking. CE marking is rare for a BJD and for anime figures. Mainly because they are not targeted towards the European market and for the quantity made of each doll and figure receiving a CE marking is way too expensive. Some even can’t ever receive a CE mark like Figma’s and Nendoroid. 
I am getting a bit of topic now 😅

I think Harumi looks very cute. For her price I see that she is good quality. Sorry for doubting about her legacy. I should have known that you have checked her source before buying. 

Edited by Rajke

@onion20@   This is a signature.