Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OtakuDepot

What is your limit?

OtakuDepot
I have to save up for Sasara, so I'm trying my best to avoid looking at any other dolls.

I also agree that Sasara is fantastic. She's one of my favorites. Best of luck getting the money together for her.

**James

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Maridah

Your limit should probably be dictated by your budget and space. I'm at a point where I'm worried about where to keep stuff since my place is so small, so at least in my case, the room to keep them is relevant to how many I will get. I don't think a set number is really the thing to worry about though.

http://www.BJDAtelier.com/ Clothes for DD & BJDs

baldylox
Your limit should probably be dictated by your budget and space. I'm at a point where I'm worried about where to keep stuff since my place is so small, so at least in my case, the room to keep them is relevant to how many I will get. I don't think a set number is really the thing to worry about though.

I quite agree with this line of thinking. I am actually at that point right now. It's not that I don't have enuff space to keep many DD's around the house, it's just that where I *want* to keep them is now almost full.

I think my limit for now will be six. Six is a good number for right now.

Especially since number six just arrived.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

PlasticFantastic
I quite agree with this line of thinking. I am actually at that point right now. It's not that I don't have enuff space to keep many DD's around the house, it's just that where I *want* to keep them is now almost full.

Billy

WHO IS THE LATEST ADDITION?! I MUST GO READ THE OTHER THREADS TO FIND OUT! 0_0

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

baldylox

Billy

WHO IS THE LATEST ADDITION?! I MUST GO READ THE OTHER THREADS TO FIND OUT! 0_0

LOL! Sorry but you won't find out THAT easily!

Tomorrow I will have a teaser up but it won't be an easy spot. Then on Friday I will have a full reveal. Later this weekend I'll have a special photoshoot just for this new girl. And it will be a very revealing shoot too. Wink wink. No not THAT kind of revealing you perv.

Check Figurefm tomorrow and Friday for the fun!

Billy

Halcyon

I don't check on Figure.fm, so a teaser here on the forum would be nice too.

DD 娘 - Dollfie Dream® Daughters

{1} : DDS [ユ-ピィ] - Euphie

baldylox

Well, the teaser is in another thread thats part of a 3 part story. So if I post that here, nobody will understand what's going on.

Let me see what I can do for you tho....

Billy

PS. Why don't you hit Figurefm?

Halcyon

Well, the teaser is in another thread thats part of a 3 part story. So if I post that here, nobody will understand what's going on.

Let me see what I can do for you tho....

Billy

PS. Why don't you hit Figurefm?

Oh, nevermind then - don't post it here. I will just look it up on Figure.fm after I create an account there. Besides, it's way easier that way. Now I can't wait to see your new daughter! Do take many pictures for us to look at!

jun97

Tomorrow I will have a teaser up but it won't be an easy spot. Then on Friday I will have a full reveal. Later this weekend I'll have a special photoshoot just for this new girl. And it will be a very revealing shoot too. Wink wink. No not THAT kind of revealing you perv.

Billy

Someone sure is enjoying keeping everyone else in suspense!

PlasticFantastic

Billy

Aye aye captain!

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

baldylox
Someone sure is enjoying keeping everyone else in suspense!

Now look, just because I kept my mouth shut for so long with YOU doesn't mean I have to with everyone else. You were a special case....

You know the deal and you know how hard it is to keep things bottled up too. I *had* to say SOMETHING dammit!

Billy

Nakitaninja

Agreed. I don't know your page on Figure.fm?

Anyone got a link?

T-T

Also.... CONGRATS!

40283197242_5620dd1681.jpg

PlasticFantastic

Agreed. I don't know your page on Figure.fm?

Anyone got a link?

T-T

Also.... CONGRATS!

Billy's figure.fm is here: http://www.figure.fm/profile/en/balldylox/

Just underneath "Comrades" and "Stalkers" is four categories to sort what shoes up on his page, just click on Posts and you'll be on your way

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

baldylox

Yeah, what PF said!

Thanks for linking to the Figurefm stuff for me. That's where I do most of my photostories at since it's an easier interface for pics and I don't have to upload to Flickr first for a story.

I will do a tease here tonight tho since I love you guys! Yall will get one picture in the "New Arrivals" area and that's all! Mainly because the pic I'll show you will give you plenty of hints as to the new girls actual story and what she really is. You'll just have to look close to see the details. Trust me, she's awesome.

This is actually turning out to be a fun little deal! I really didn't expect so many people to see my silly little comment or to care so much about me and my new girl. I appreciate the interest and I hope I don't disappoint anyone!

See yall tonight!

Billy

OtakuDepot

Can't wait for the big reveal.

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

PlasticFantastic
Can't wait for the big reveal.

Same here! I'm super curious! ^_^

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Nakitaninja

Yeah, what PF said!

Thanks for linking to the Figurefm stuff for me. That's where I do most of my photostories at since it's an easier interface for pics and I don't have to upload to Flickr first for a story.

I will do a tease here tonight tho since I love you guys! Yall will get one picture in the "New Arrivals" area and that's all! Mainly because the pic I'll show you will give you plenty of hints as to the new girls actual story and what she really is. You'll just have to look close to see the details. Trust me, she's awesome.

This is actually turning out to be a fun little deal! I really didn't expect so many people to see my silly little comment or to care so much about me and my new girl. I appreciate the interest and I hope I don't disappoint anyone!

See yall tonight!

Billy

Of course we care. It's like family on here. I've never used Figure.fm.... thank you for the link Ms.P! ^^

*goes to check the new arrival thread*

I can't wait to see what happens!

40283197242_5620dd1681.jpg

littlebearries

Whenever I pick a limit, I end up breaking it.

I think the problem with DDs, for me, at least, is that I fall in love with their full sets... I'm not buying these guys to change them, really, because I love them just the way they are... so... if I were to do something like, oh... find a really awesome outfit... I might just need to buy a whole new DD to wear it, LOL!

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

OtakuDepot
... if I were to do something like, oh... find a really awesome outfit... I might just need to buy a whole new DD to wear it, LOL!

Oh wow - now that could end up being a very expensive way to collect.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

mitsuki
... if I were to do something like, oh... find a really awesome outfit... I might just need to buy a whole new DD to wear it, LOL!

Oh wow - now that could end up being a very expensive way to collect.

OtakuDepot's Yukino's Aria uniform is doing that to me. I got a DD Sirius specifically to wear the Orange Planet uniform. I would have easily gotten another Sirius just because I like that head mold, so I can't really blame OtakuDepot.

Halcyon

I think the problem with DDs, for me, at least, is that I fall in love with their full sets... I'm not buying these guys to change them, really, because I love them just the way they are... so... if I were to do something like, oh... find a really awesome outfit... I might just need to buy a whole new DD to wear it, LOL!

As said above, it would definitely be a pretty expensive way to collect. Well, in my case I wouldn't mind having only one very awesome outfit for each of my dolls to wear, but I don't see how that would work. Why? Because, I can't bear to leave any outfit on for 2-3 months. The outfit may stain my dolls, and I don't want that to happen. I think it's best to have at least two awesome outfits for any doll, so you could dress your doll in her/his secondary outfit while her/his primary is in the washing machine (or hand-washed).

I'm making an assumption here, so correct me if there's something out of place.

Alphakitty

I kind of feel that way about some dolls, mostly when it comes to making cosplays. For example, I was planning on doing a Mitsuru (Persona 3) cosplay for one of my dolls and ended up planning out an eventual Mitsuru Dollfie! But I try to limit myself, so if it's an outfit that will work with a current face I have I just make it for one of my other girls. Mari and Marisa both have Vocaloid cospays in the works, as well as one of my other girls who is a secret project at the moment. XD I'd love to make Dollfies of Luka, Rin and Miku but it is just toooootally out of my budget. Plus it's fun to have them play at being different characters!

As said above, it would definitely be a pretty expensive way to collect. Well, in my case I wouldn't mind having only one very awesome outfit for each of my dolls to wear, but I don't see how that would work. Why? Because, I can't bear to leave any outfit on for 2-3 months. The outfit may stain my dolls, and I don't want that to happen. I think it's best to have at least two awesome outfits for any doll, so you could dress your doll in her/his secondary outfit while her/his primary is in the washing machine (or hand-washed).

I'm making an assumption here, so correct me if there's something out of place.

I think changing outfits is part of the fun of owning Dollfies! I had Mari in her stock outfit for about 3 months after I first got her, and as soon as I got new clothing I started changing her look almost once a week. I can't help it, dressing them up is so much fun and it makes me feel like a little kid!

DD Family: Mari, Saber Lily, Marisa, Soniko, Noumi, Kirino, Kuroneko, Sakura (DD Sakuno), Aerie, Akira, Kiki, Koko, Rose (DDS Mariko), Kureha, Ryoko, Lucy, Haruka, Rise, Extra & Alter!

Galvatim
I think changing outfits is part of the fun of owning Dollfies! I had Mari in her stock outfit for about 3 months after I first got her, and as soon as I got new clothing I started changing her look almost once a week. I can't help it, dressing them up is so much fun and it makes me feel like a little kid!

I agree, it wasn't until after I got her first couple of outfits that I really bonded with Aoi. I usually change at least one of my girls' outfits a week. I had some of the 12 inch GI Joes as a kid (The "Hall of Fame" ones from the '90s, not the ones from the '60s. I'm not THAT old), and they had different outfits, like scuba gear or arctic gear, to wear, so I guess it is like being a kid again. Except with frilly dresses instead of BDUs.

baldylox

I agree, it wasn't until after I got her first couple of outfits that I really bonded with Aoi. I usually change at least one of my girls' outfits a week. I had some of the 12 inch GI Joes as a kid (The "Hall of Fame" ones from the '90s, not the ones from the '60s. I'm not THAT old), and they had different outfits, like scuba gear or arctic gear, to wear, so I guess it is like being a kid again. Except with frilly dresses instead of BDUs.

Yep, I think a big part of the fun of being a DD parent is getting new outfits for your daughters! When I first got Manami, she only had one outfit. I knew more were available but at the time I didnt have the money to get much. But when my first new clothes arrived from Jessica at Nightfall, I was totally hooked on getting more clothing.

Now with six girls, it takes me some time to change all their clothes but I still do it at least once a week just to keep them looking fresh and different. What girl do you know that wants to wear the same outfit everyday for so long??

Pertaining to the original question of limits, I think I am at mine for now. Six girls take up a lot of space and doing photoshoots with all of them at once is a chore. So many things to do.... it's just crazy. It looks like I will have to be on hold for now with new daughters..... unless my unicorn Ryomou Shimei comes back up for sale. Then all bets are off.

If anyone knows of anyone wanting to sell a Ryomou DDdy please let them know I am in the market for one. It can actually be just her head since I have all of her clothing outfits including the default maid set. I can always pick up a DDdy body from Volks to complete her. Or I can buy just the head and body from someone. Whatever is available I'll check it out!

Billy