Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OtakuDepot

What is your limit?

lovelyduckie

I can't see myself owning more than 3, and it's unlikely that I'll buy more than 1 more in the next year... but, you never know I don't have a set in stone limit on anything with regard to my hobbies.

MsGeek
I want to call OtakuDepot "Ota-kun" and I am not sure why... it just sounds good.

I would be honored Nakitaninja!

In fact, I liked the sound of it so much I went out and registered the ota-kun.com domain name.

It's a cute nick. I've been Ms. Geek since my years on Usenet. My tagline was "That's MS. Geek to YOU!!" So everyone started calling me Ms. Geek. Dang, that was around 1987 or so.

MsGeek

I first thought Yumiko was enough. Then she wanted a boyfriend. Enter "Z," my Obitsu boy. Then I thought "gosh, wouldn't it be cute if Z had a little cousin or niece who would always be in his hair, so enter Namiko. Then I jumped at a great offer on an Obitsu, thinking I would use it as dollieh hack material. However, I wound up falling in love with her and kept her intact. Enter Yumiko's childhood friend -- and Z's long lost relative on his Korean side, Mitzi Chun. Finally the opportunity arose to do a custom based around a DD1 body, and I came up with the bright idea of her being a paraplegic Iraq vet. Enter "Sarge," Mitzi's girlfriend.

Every time I think I'm finished with large-scale dolls, something happens, and I wind up with another one. My thoughts are this: just be Zen about it and follow the flow.

baldylox
Every time I think I'm finished with large-scale dolls, something happens, and I wind up with another one. My thoughts are this: just be Zen about it and follow the flow.

I love this approach to collecting! I totally concur with you on this!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

otakusan

at first when I found out how much DD's cost, I never thought I'd even own one... but eventually got suckered into getting Rin, and the next thing you know.. 6 months later... I have 6 girls and just found out that I won Neris as well... so 7 now...

OtakuDepot

at first when I found out how much DD's cost, I never thought I'd even own one... but eventually got suckered into getting Rin, and the next thing you know.. 6 months later... I have 6 girls and just found out that I won Neris as well... so 7 now...

Congrats on getting Neris!!! 7 girls in only 6 months. WOW I know I felt the same way, I didn't think I'd ever be able to get one and when I finally decided to go for it I figured that would be it. Just one to get it out of my system. HAHA

Nobody told me that Dollfie Dreams were like vinyl CRACK!!!! I have 4 now and I'm waiting to hear about Airy and Neris. If they don't work out I may put that money towards tracking down Sasara.

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

littlebearries

Well... a few short weeks ago I had none... and was simply waiting for the MDD Noumi Kudryavka I'd won (still waiting till June XD ) ... now... I have a Alna in my possession... and am waiting on Airy too... and I know... without a doubt, that if more awesome DDs appear... I'll have to try for them too... so my limit? Uhm... out the window?

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

otakusan

Congrats on getting Neris!!! 7 girls in only 6 months. WOW I know I felt the same way, I didn't think I'd ever be able to get one and when I finally decided to go for it I figured that would be it. Just one to get it out of my system. HAHA

Nobody told me that Dollfie Dreams were like vinyl CRACK!!!! I have 4 now and I'm waiting to hear about Airy and Neris. If they don't work out I may put that money towards tracking down Sasara.

WHA!?!! Sasara??? oh man, that's a hard catch... well, expensive catch, most of the auction end price I see are around 330k yen, plus proxy charges for a new, and even used goes beyond 230k all the time.

wish you luck on that (^^)

jun97

WHA!?!! Sasara??? oh man, that's a hard catch... well, expensive catch, most of the auction end price I see are around 330k yen, plus proxy charges for a new, and even used goes beyond 230k all the time.

wish you luck on that (^^)

I hear Mitsuki is good at tracking down these hard to find DDs. Maybe she can help James find his Sasara.

baldylox
I hear Mitsuki is good at tracking down these hard to find DDs. Maybe she can help James find his Sasara.

Now where did you hear THAT from?

Sorry but that made me laugh.

Do check with her tho, she is a MASTER at finding DD stuffs. But just remember, you may get what you ask for so be prepared!

That and Mitsuki is *MY* DD Enabler! You cannot haz! MINE!!!!

Billy

mitsuki

You guys are so funny! I am always looking around for Sasara because I can't believe how crazy she can be priced. Even at crazy prices, she sells out fast. I will keep looking though. I don't need Sasara twins, but Sasara hunting is fun!

Alphakitty

Some Dollfies are just insanely priced, to the point where it is a bit disheartening. I know how you guys feel about Sasara, I've been looking for a Tama-nee for soooo long and have yet to find a reasonable one. Heck, I'd even take an expensive one, but the prices for her are crazy. ;~; She's certainly my DD unicorn--I have 31 scaled figures of Tamaki, so of course she is the ultimate goal for a Tama-nee collector!

DD Family: Mari, Saber Lily, Marisa, Soniko, Noumi, Kirino, Kuroneko, Sakura (DD Sakuno), Aerie, Akira, Kiki, Koko, Rose (DDS Mariko), Kureha, Ryoko, Lucy, Haruka, Rise, Extra & Alter!

baldylox
Some Dollfies are just insanely priced, to the point where it is a bit disheartening. I know how you guys feel about Sasara, I've been looking for a Tama-nee for soooo long and have yet to find a reasonable one. Heck, I'd even take an expensive one, but the prices for her are crazy. ;~; She's certainly my DD unicorn--I have 31 scaled figures of Tamaki, so of course she is the ultimate goal for a Tama-nee collector!

Holy crap! And I thought I was silly with my 12 figures/statues of Ryomou in her Shrine!

Tama-nee is awesome tho, her face is gorgeous. She's an excellent girl to go after but you best be ready to go into debt for a long time to get her.

Billy

SirNarwhal

Holy crap! And I thought I was silly with my 12 figures/statues of Ryomou in her Shrine!

Tama-nee is awesome tho, her face is gorgeous. She's an excellent girl to go after but you best be ready to go into debt for a long time to get her.

Billy

Haha, Alphakitty didn't even mention her Asuka collection =P

Alphakitty

47 Asukas, I think... I get a little shopping-crazy with characters I like. ^^;

DD Family: Mari, Saber Lily, Marisa, Soniko, Noumi, Kirino, Kuroneko, Sakura (DD Sakuno), Aerie, Akira, Kiki, Koko, Rose (DDS Mariko), Kureha, Ryoko, Lucy, Haruka, Rise, Extra & Alter!

Galvatim

You've got me beat. Only 28 Asukas here... Got more Asukas on the way too. My 31th Asuka will be either a Medicom or the DD. Or whatever happens to be on sale.

SirNarwhal
Your collection sounds awesome, Alphakitty!

We really need to take new pictures of our collection. Give us a week or two and we should have new shelves set up to display new acquisitions from the last ~year or so.

mitsuki

That sounds wonderful, SirNarwhal! I am looking forward to seeing it.

Averis

Right on! Asuka fans! Thought I was one of the few.

As for the thread topic, I currently only have one of each (resin BJD and DD), but my DD is not put together. I originally thought the one BJD would be all I'd ever want / need, especially with the $600 price tag.

Now I have another BJD on its way and the 2 Dolpa 25 DDs coming in August. It's kinda scary how fast it can grow. Sometimes without you really realizing it. I'll have paid for 3 dolls and not seen a thing for it for months. So it sometimes doesn't hit you till after the fact, I guess.

As for limit, I haven't set one. I never thought I'd own more than one as it was. I think I'm gonna stop getting BJDs for now. Knowing Volks they will soon come out with another girl I just can't resist. My poor bank account. Haha.

We'll see what happens.

Strife212

Well I never thought I would have one to be honest, and now here I am a year later with 4.

I don't think I have a limit as such, just limited by how expensive they are!

rBP74.png

Dolls: Saber, Saber Alter, Saber Lily, Saber Extra, Saber Alter 2nd,

Aozaki Aoko, Alice Kuonji, Haruhi Suzumiya, Yuki Nagato

otakusan

47 Asukas???!!!! you MUST post some pictures

Milk

At first I only wanted to have one, but I think one DD alone is lonely. Due to the space available here I think I'll only have 2-3 in total. I might go crazy and aim for a 4th because it's an even number then!

Well, this is all still wishful thinking since I'm already struggling to scrape the money together for a second one...

At home: Victoria {DD Beatrice}, DD 2B, DD 9S

Waiting for: TinyFox Murphy

OtakuDepot
At first I only wanted to have one, but I think one DD alone is lonely. Due to the space available here I think I'll only have 2-3 in total. I might go crazy and aim for a 4th because it's an even number then!

Well, this is all still wishful thinking since I'm already struggling to scrape the money together for a second one...

I loved your comment as it shows exactly the process of how a family grows. Starts with the "only 1" phase, then you see how much fun it would be if she had someone to play with. If you have 2, why not 3? Wait, why not have an even 4? haha, it's so hard to stop.

I have 5 now and Airy is on her way in a few months. She should show up as I hit my 1 year anniversary/birthday for Sakura - my first. I wonder what the next year is going to be like?

**James

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

jun97

I loved your comment as it shows exactly the process of how a family grows. Starts with the "only 1" phase, then you see how much fun it would be if she had someone to play with. If you have 2, why not 3? Wait, why not have an even 4? haha, it's so hard to stop.

I have 5 now and Airy is on her way in a few months. She should show up as I hit my 1 year anniversary/birthday for Sakura - my first. I wonder what the next year is going to be like?

**James

I predict an Aoi on the way in your near future. (This is me enabling you from the past)