Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Galvatim

Evangelion and Rei, Asuka and Mari

Galvatim

Evangelion holds a special place in my heart, it's the series that really got me into anime. I also just saw Eva 2.22 the other day, and I'm very impressed!

5596022812_b4fa89be93.jpg

005 by galvatim, on Flickr

(I'd have used her default wig, but there's a problem I'll discuss elsewhere)

Mari is just that much cooler now! I've really warmed up to Rei as well. And as for Captain Asuka Langley Shikinami, she hasn't moved from my 'favorite character' spot. As for the bad things that happen to her, at least Shinji can't recreate that scene from End of Eva... (I hope)

Speaking of Asuka, she had quite a few cute outfits that would make for great DD releases! Natsuki gives us an idea if Asuka's "cooking wear":

5479124773_89b8c10193.jpg

003 by galvatim, on Flickr

I kind of think Rei, Asuka and Mari should be rereleased on the DDS body as well. This would also open up the possiblity of Misato as a DD! Besides her little black dress and Nerv jacket, she'd need her casual wear, with a can of beer and Penpen!

Alphakitty

I would kill for a Misato DD! And a Penpen accessory? Hnnnng! She could have some great outfits too. It would be extra-hilarious if they made her radiation-proof suit.

Actually, I'd (theoretically) like all the girls, but I don't really like the first Asuka and Rei enough to buy them. I think they'd look great on a DDS body. However, Natsuki does make a great Asuka, that cooking outfit is just too cute. Great, now there's another Dollfie I want to get my hands on...

DD Family: Mari, Saber Lily, Marisa, Soniko, Noumi, Kirino, Kuroneko, Sakura (DD Sakuno), Aerie, Akira, Kiki, Koko, Rose (DDS Mariko), Kureha, Ryoko, Lucy, Haruka, Rise, Extra & Alter!

Galvatim

Ah, the Natsuki Asuka connection! That's the other thing I wanted to touch on. The Natsuki/Moe Head sculpt is #26, and Asuka is #27. They certainly have a resemblence. Volks' bio for Natsuki says she likes cosplay, it's not hard to guess her favorite character to dress up as!

baldylox

Eva was kind of an odd bird for me when I first saw it.

I first watched it on Cartoon Network. I would record it on my VCR and watch it later. Yeah, it was a while back! Anyways, after about 6 episodes I gave up watching it. I lost interest because at that time in my anime life, I had no idea what constituted a good storyline. I wanted action, action and more action. Eva gave it to me in very limited bits. And all the angst and Shinji's whiney butt made me drop the show.

After about 5 years or so, I saw the Eva Platinum Collection DVD's on sale at a convention I was at. The price was good and I had evolved alot with my anime intake and viewings. So I decided to buy the set and rewatch it. And boy was I glad I did.

Everything about it was excellent. I immediately fell for Rei.... I have a "thing" for damaged girls. Asuka was also nice to see but she was a tad bitchy for my tastes at the time. But since I had matured in my anime watching, the whole story sucked me in and won me over easily. After seeing the two movies/OVAs I really wanted more. So when the new movies were announced, I was quite happy about it.

I own movie 1.11 but have yet to see 2.22 I hear its awesome and I need to get the Bluray of it soon. I have no idea who Mari is in the story other than a girl that has big boobs and can do "Beast Mode" whatever that is. So I need to see this soon!

As for the Dollfies, I cannot stand the second release of Rei. She just doesn't do a thing for me at all. Her face is too wide and chubby for my liking. The first version however is the best looking one to me. She is Rei thru and thru and I love her to bits. I also love the Asuka Dollfie and would love to have one. But my Miyuki is a similar looking girl and has a similar attitude as well so I'm pretty happy as is.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Galvatim

Baldylox, I think you'll love Eva 2.22! It's action, action, character building/comedic moments, and more action! Plus all the crazy symbolic incomprehensible-ness Eva is known for. If I have one complaint, it should've been longer!

I love your DD Rei!If I were to adopt a DD Rei, it'd have to be the DDh-02 version. Although my Natsuki looks alot like Asuka, I still want to get a DD Asuka someday. It's one of those favorite character things.

PlasticFantastic

My fiancé loves DD Mari and she is well priced on YJA so I think we may try to pick one up. I may try to get her for him as a Xmas/bday gift this year. One of my projects for next year is a custom Rei DD using the DDH-02 as a basis. I would love to pick up Asuka DD but I think for financial reasons I may have to do a custom of her too. But which head???

Baldylox, I think you'll love Eva 2.22! It's action, action, character building/comedic moments, and more action! Plus all the crazy symbolic incomprehensible-ness Eva is known for. If I have one complaint, it should've been longer!

I love your DD Rei!If I were to adopt a DD Rei, it'd have to be the DDh-02 version. Although my Natsuki looks alot like Asuka, I still want to get a DD Asuka someday. It's one of those favorite character things.

I second this! I own both blurays and I was lucky enough to see 2.22 in theaters! Go order it on amazon right now!

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

MaxArcher

I never really fell for any of the main Eva characters. Asuka's too "tsun" and not enough "dere", Rei is... well, it'd be spoilers, and I haven't seen 2.2, so who knows, maybe I'll love Mari.

Now, on the other hand, Misato was awesome! If they ever do a DD of her, I might have to buy it. I guess I just like "older" characters. (It's hard to say "older" when talking about somebody in their mid-20s, but that's anime for you.)

DD Beatrice - DD Saber/EXTRA

PlasticFantastic
I never really fell for any of the main Eva characters. Asuka's too "tsun" and not enough "dere", Rei is... well, it'd be spoilers, and I haven't seen 2.2, so who knows, maybe I'll love Mari.

Now, on the other hand, Misato was awesome! If they ever do a DD of her, I might have to buy it. I guess I just like "older" characters. (It's hard to say "older" when talking about somebody in their mid-20s, but that's anime for you.)

Mari's head-mold would lend itself well to being re-faced as Misato I think.

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Nakitaninja

She'd have to come with pen-pen and a can of beer. I would HAVE to buy her. >_<

40283197242_5620dd1681.jpg

PlasticFantastic

Those details are quite key. Maybe they'd release her tank and shorts with beer and penpen as her ALTERNATE outfit?! Have her come with her cute black dress and red jacket with a handgun...

Why did they make a school uniform alternate for Rei and Asuka but not their plugsuits? And what about Mari? No alternate outfit there either? What gives!

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

baldylox

Those details are quite key. Maybe they'd release her tank and shorts with beer and penpen as her ALTERNATE outfit?! Have her come with her cute black dress and red jacket with a handgun...

Why did they make a school uniform alternate for Rei and Asuka but not their plugsuits? And what about Mari? No alternate outfit there either? What gives!

I agree that a Misato DD would rock in her "work" outfit. And of course the shorts and tank top with beer and Penpen would be the perfect alternate set. Somebody start email bombing Volks!

As for the plugsuits, I have often wondered why they were not made. They are so iconic that almost anyone who has seen ANY anime knows what they represent. To not do them was odd in my opinion. Maybe it was a cost prohibitive venture? Maybe the technology behind them was too hard to miniaturize so they would shrink properly on the DD frame.... I can see that being an issue.

Seriously tho even if the plugsuits were 200-250 bucks each I'd grab one for Rei without hesitating. It's just too cool an outfit to pass on if it were out there. I know customs are available but they run stupid money.

Speaking of alternate outfits for the Eva girls, I want that school uniform for Rei that has the sweater with it! It only came with the DDI doll as her outfit in the box. The other Rei release saw her with the sukumizu and towel set. Her normal school uniform was sold separately. If anyone sees that sweater set for her on sale anywhere PLEASE let me know!

Billy

Galvatim

Misato needs an alternate ponytail wig too.

Mari needs a maid outfit, to match with Rei and Asuka! A pink maid outfit. I'd love some plugsuits too! Asuka has a number of outfits, like her yellow one-piece, which Volks hasn't done. Rei doesn't have much in the way of alternative outfits, at least not in my Eva artbook.

PlasticFantastic

Misato needs an alternate ponytail wig too.

Mari needs a maid outfit, to match with Rei and Asuka! A pink maid outfit. I'd love some plugsuits too! Asuka has a number of outfits, like her yellow one-piece, which Volks hasn't done. Rei doesn't have much in the way of alternative outfits, at least not in my Eva artbook.

Oh yes you're right about Misato's ponytail wig! (let's hope it won't have the same problems as Saber Lily's!)

A trio of maid outfits would be fantastic. ;_; They should hire us all to help them plan out their DD roadmap :3

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Yukamina

I'm a huge fan of Evangelion too I was lucky enough to see 2.22 when it was in the theatre as well and it was awesome. I can't wait til the third movie comes out (well, I have been waiting...for years)

I didn't like Asuka at first either, but I realized she doesn't have to be nice to be a great character. The pain she goes through in the series is hard to watch, every time. Rei... she is very creepy, but I like her unearthly/ethereal nature.

I agree, Volks should definitely make a DD of Misato...

xiao2717

Evangelion 2.22 is an amazing movie, I've watched many times over and over and never gets tired of it

leitan

evangelion was also one of the first anime i ever watched (sometime in the late 90s/early 00s). i don't think it's the best anime ever, or even my favorite anime, but it holds a very special place in my heart somehow. hence my affinity for rei (and secret fondness for asuka)... i have yet to warm to mari yet though, and always have mixed feelings about shinji and the rest of the cast.

Traveller
Eva was kind of an odd bird for me when I first saw it.

Yep, Eva is an odd ball for me as well. I saw up to about episode 9 as I wanted to See Asuka introduced in her yellow dress, but then gave up on it as it was to slow for me.

Eva 2.0 hasn't made me got back to it either.

I also love the Asuka Dollfie and would love to have one.

I've think I've actually beaten you to one here. Got one arriving sometime today I belive.

baldylox
I also love the Asuka Dollfie and would love to have one.

I've think I've actually beaten you to one here. Got one arriving sometime today I belive.

Ahhh! So lucky! Congrats on getting one! You better take pics and share when she arrives....

Billy

Traveller

Here is Asuka as she is at this moment in time.

As soon as she found there was a PSP in the house she wanted to play, although she has just gone under some stain treatment.

7976474474_ec73e438ba_b_d.jpg

More to follow with a Proper intro for Asuka who is my 9th girl

baldylox

Wow, she sure made herself right at home didn't she? I do like her choice of clothing to lounge in tho, very smexy.

Can't wait to see more of her in the intro story!

Billy