Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Tieren

My first DD, well again, and my first outfit

Tieren

This is kind of a new arrival, but I think it fits better in this section.

It's been a little over 3 weeks since Yuki went to sleep in my drawer while I shipped her parts off to Volks. Today I finally had time to sand down her joints and put her back together. Her arms were worse than her legs; they went from having to really force them into the sockets, to just having to use a bit of force to slide them in. Getting her upper leg back together was an adventure too.

I'd kind of been putting off doing the repairs, and I was surprised how happy I was to have her back. She is super-cute.

Anyway, I had some cute clothes arrive while Yuki was asleep but she insisted on wearing the outfit I made for her while she was sleeping. My motivation for starting it was that I wanted something cool for her to wear around the house since summer hit shortly after she arrived. This is the first time I've sewn any sort of clothes, so her current outfit uses the first revision of my patterns, which I kind of made up and adjusted as I went. Before this I've just done bad hemming and button repairs. Everything is sewn by hand.

The top has elastic below her bust which is attached with an eye & hook on her back. The top of it ties behind her neck. The skirt I had no clue what I wanted so I made pretty much the simplest pattern possible by cutting out a huge donut. At the back I sewed in a small button.

7377386360_de4e591892_c.jpg

yuki4 by TierenDD, on Flickr

7377386560_952d74d1b0_c.jpg

yuki3 by TierenDD, on Flickr

Here's a couple of photos. I want to go back and try to figure out how to cut the fabric so I can get that tight fit on her bust without having to fold over the fabric to get it right. I also want to use pink thread instead of red in a few places, since I didn't buy it until I started working on the skirt.

milkytea

I think it's very cute, and I'm sure your revisions will be even better!

Tieren

Thank you!