Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

waha

Dear Diary...

waha

A warning first: Dollfie Dreams is a dangerous hobby. Dangerous for your bank account, that is.

Right. So I bought my first Dollfie (Eimii) on Christmas Day last year, and she arrived in mid-January together with the body I bought for her. Now, around six months later I have... nine girls at home. All but one have been introduced here, but hopefully I'll be able to remedy that next week along with an updated family photo.

Now, if nine wasn't bad enough I actually have... one girl incoming... and two more on hold till after the summer. And that brings the total tally up to... thirteen. Yes... THIRTEEN. Now, this isn't really a problem financially as I don't really have anything else to spend my money on besides randomly buying games/computer stuff/music and paying my monthly bills.

My original plan was to stop at 7-8 mainly due to space concerns as I live in a pretty small apartment (Pictures coming next week too!) but since I just moved in I've been able to furnish it with my girls in mind. But I'm not sure I can fit much more right now.

So yes, I've caught up to Billy.

Okay, I guess this wasn't a diary entry, and heck, I don't even know why I posted this... it just felt right.

Edit: Edited to include the correct number of girls... it is thirteen, not twelve. Dear god, how embarrassing.

Edited by Guest

Mahoro

Dangerous for you, and the people around you...

My spending has gone up drastically since I started talking to you :p

Went from 2 girls at the start of 2012 to 4 now plus another 2 customs in progress (if Volks ever bothers to restock) and from maybe 5 outfits to 40+....from January to now...:s

Evil evil Waha, my wallet hates you from the bottom of the seams of the empty billfold pocket :p And Feena and the rest of my girls are that much happier for it, so they thank you xD

baldylox

I know exactly how you feel. These girls are highly addictive and will cause you finacial distress quite easily.

As for your growing family, twelve already? You're catching up but not CAUGHT up yet. I have 13 at home right now.... you have several that aren't home yet. So you still have a ways to go Kouhai.

But I applaud your zeal and gusto! Getting so many so quickly is quite the feat! Congrats!

Billy

PS. You do know I'm just messing with you. All in good fun sir.

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

waha
As for your growing family, twelve already? You're catching up but not CAUGHT up yet. I have 13 at home right now.... you have several that aren't home yet. So you still have a ways to go Kouhai.

Better update that signature then, good sir! Can't go and spread misinformation here! Theoretically I have 13 girls, but Shiori doesn't count as she's a Parabox Sleeping Princess custom.

But I applaud your zeal and gusto! Getting so many so quickly is quite the feat! Congrats!

Thanks! I've learnt a lot from my seniors.

PS. You do know I'm just messing with you. All in good fun sir.

Oh yes, I know. And you know what they say, what comes around goes around.

waha
I know exactly how you feel. These girls are highly addictive and will cause you finacial distress quite easily.

As for your growing family, twelve already? You're catching up but not CAUGHT up yet. I have 13 at home right now.... you have several that aren't home yet.

I... feel a bit stupid replying again like this... but I just realized. I have 13 proper DDs. LOL. Family's grown so fast I can't keep track of them all!

denaliwind

Ahaha but that's all apart of the fun!

I've promised myself that first I must spend lots and lots of monies on wigs/eyes/shoes/outfits BEFORE I can purchase my next DD... I figure, no matter what, I'll be in debt due to this hobby, at least when my 2nd DD comes she'll have goodies to wear! xD

(I do fear looking at my bank/credit card statements though...)

>.>

<.<

BKKnight

It's definitely a dangerous hobby. I got my first dd in 2009, and have seen so many girls that I almost gave in. Will power for the win. Just keep in mind volks will keep on releasing, there will be no end.

katnaper
A warning first: Dollfie Dreams is a dangerous hobby. Dangerous for your bank account, that is.

That should be written in BIG, Nope, GINORMOUS, (also in BOLD) Letters. Preferably, with sirens going and warnings to approach with HAZMat suits.

I think a lot of us can relate. I started in 2010 with just the goal of completing the EVA girls and because I kept looking at other people's girls on Figure.fm, Flickr, and here - my DD family has grown from 2 to 8 with 4 more on the way. Not only that the girls keep demanding for boys I've had to add a resin and vinyl boy as well. If Volks ever does a male DD, then I think I'm done for. So yeah, it is kinda embarrassing but hey, one look at them and I'm sure you'll agree they're all worth it. and worth it. and worth it. and worth it... ad infinitum?

Darn those elders and their lovely DDs. LOL.

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

Alphakitty

DDs are addictive! I hit 25 with Ryoko and kind of didn't believe it, I had to recount so many times. I don't really keep track of numbers usually, I just get the girls I really like, I didn't know it got so bad ^^; There really should be a big warning sign before you buy your first DD. Big flashing letters from the sky that say ABANDON ALL MONEY, YE WHO ENTER.

DD Family: Mari, Saber Lily, Marisa, Soniko, Noumi, Kirino, Kuroneko, Sakura (DD Sakuno), Aerie, Akira, Kiki, Koko, Rose (DDS Mariko), Kureha, Ryoko, Lucy, Haruka, Rise, Extra & Alter!

vegablack

Yea they are dangerous... The only reason I only have 2 right now and 1 on the way is because I maxed out my credit card getting them so I can't buy any more. Unfortunately that also means I can't afford to buy them any new clothes or shoes so one of my poor girls is shoeless.

It's just funny because when I was more into resin dolls I swore up and down I wouldn't pay $600 for a doll even though there were some I really wanted, then I go and forget about those ones I really wanted and spend the same amount on a DD. XD

At home: Tomoe (HD03), Hotaru (Haruka), Setsuna (Rise), Rikky (Saber Alter), Kotori (HD06), Kanako (MDD HD04), Asahi (Lucy), Tsukiyo (Alice), Nozomi (modded HD01 MDD), Ninimiel (HD03 elf), Nene (Marisa), Miuna (HD07), Sylvie (HD06)

klein

I had almost kind of kicked the habit, I had gone over a year without any new arrivals, I was very satisfied with my crew and while I do have both of the Sabers preordered they seem to be an abstract concept to me as I have been waiting for the pair for so long. I entered and won Lucy's VolksUSA lottery and shortly afterwards I happened to see a Maria on ebay at a really nice price, I had been dying for another MDD so I pounced on her. Big mistake, as I absolutely loved Maria and she has since taken over the coveted favorite spot. Since then Cirno, Neris, Haruka, a custom Sakuya Izayao and my grail Kudo have all joined my crew, all in the past two months or so ^^; I'm still waiting on for a Nagato Yuki and I have a Saber Alter II head on the way too as I am apparently a impatient person ....to be fair, no matter when they arrive I will not be allowed to touch either of the preordered Sabers until late fall when the partner in crime returns from his military deployment and while I wasn't supposed to buy anymore DD but heads don't count, right?

6298891632_a2df2e3dbd.jpg

My Flickr - Pullip_junk; For list of my DD see my profile

SakuraSylph

I'd argue that it's the community aspect that graciously makes things dangerous for the wallet. With the community you have:

• Photos from other users - showing new dolls, new clothes/wigs combination, or customs. Examples of cool things you can do will put ideas into your head.
  • Enablers will kindly help you find things you want, and sometimes help you buy them. Deputies, GOs..
  • People to buy things from if you miss them at retail. Access!
  • People to sell things to when an item doesn't work out. Lowers risk of initial purchase, so end up purchasing / trying more stuff.

If one could only buy at Volks retail price (when lucky enough), deciding based on promo photos only, and had to keep everything you ever bought, then I bet the DD hobby would be a little expensive but yet far less dangerous to the wallet than it is now.

SakuraSylph

carmen171

I have been in the doll hobby since 2003. I started with Blythe and in 2005 got into BJD's. It was only in 2011 that I got my first Dollfie Dream and now I have here at home 14 with 3 more on the way!!!! Very addicting and very dangerous.

Daughters~Mai,Ryomou,Kanu,Moe2,Yukino,HH02,Yoko,Marisa,Escalayer,Ms. Mariko,Lucy,Saber Xtra,Saber Alter,Rise,Sasara,Alna,Akira,H05,Mayu

animal.jpg

Waiting~Natsuki2,Melty,Aoko

Ara

It seems like every collecting hobby is dangerous for your wallet.

And it only gets worse over the years...with 24 BJDs sitting here (12 belong to me, 12 to my girlfriend) and more stuff we are collecting I already think about finding a different flat, or else I won't be able to open my door again someday.

But it's soooo worth it, and there is barely anything better than receiving and opening a new doll

ZZ0WsD1.jpg

Janeway

I agree that this hobby is dangerous for your wallet and back account also it's dangerous for your CC. I love this hobby so l like to spend my spare money on this hobby.

Waynio

I guess perhaps I'm the odd one out here. I've been in this hobby for little over a year and only have 2 girls to date. While I do make a good living, I probably have a lot more financial responsibilities than alot of people here. I can't say i know everyones situation, but being married, rasing a child , taking care of other family member from time to time and taking care of your normal adult bills plus being the only income in my family, i have to show great restrant in buying tons of stuff. And I must admit, it's very hard and i have on more than one occassion have bought something when i probably shouldn't have.

Wayne

Misheru

This month marks the 2 year anniversary of my DD habit. All I can say is that I do not want to count.

The little vinyl lovelies are too addictive.

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)