Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Mitsuki Adored

Dolly bird magazine?

Mitsuki Adored

I was looking up patterns for my girls (Since I am learning how to sew soon! ) and I keep coming across the mention of the dolly bird magazine of patterns and photos of dolls. I found some on ebay but they are all in Japanese. Though they kept mentioning in the description that they are easy to do with the photos given and such. Does anyone have this particular(or any) of the dolly bird magazines and have used the patterns in them? Please let me know! Thank you!

jadepixel

With some googling, you can figure out which Dolly Bird issues have DD patterns in them. I haven't tried getting any though- Japanese patterns are even more difficult to parse than the US variety - and they tend to scale down pieces and overlap them to save space. I think the assumption is that you'll enlarge them on a copy machine and trace each piece carefully onto pattern paper.

If you're just starting, look for some basic SD-size or any-size patterns on DoA. Also, Kristie Anne's DD patterns aren't too hard-

http://www.etsy.com/listing/29578571/22-inch-bjd-wardrobe-pattern

Evaglade

Hi,

Dollybird 10 is an underware edition which has a dollfie dream pattern and an mdd pattern. There are big pictures of the dolls in the outfits but all the instructions are in Japanese naturaly. You will need to trace the pieces but the patterns are not to complex to work out how to put together. I do think that the prices charged for these magazines is a little high if you only want a couple of the patterns even though they are nice to look through.