Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

DJStarstryker

Idolm@ster and HTD Haruka/Miki DDs

DJStarstryker

For those who don't know anything about The Idolm@ster and are interested in Haruka and/or Miki, here's some about them...

The Idolm@ster is a game series where you are a producer for 765 Productions, a talent agency that specializes in producing idols. For those who aren't familiar with the concept of Japanese idols, they are basically celebrities who are usually singers but sometimes do some acting and modeling and so on. You pick a girl or group of girls (depending on the game) to form your idol group and you are aiming to make them be the most famous idol group in Japan.

Haruka Amami

Haruka performing Taiyo no Jealousy

Haruka performing Go My Way

Haruka is pretty much the poster child for The Idolm@ster. She's super cheerful and is constantly cheering the other girls on. She's also a klutz, regularly tripping over her own feet for no reason at all. Her favorite color is red and she's either 16 or 17, depending on if you're talking about im@s 1 or 2.

Miki Hoshii

Miki performing Relations

Miki performing Marionette no Kokoro

Miki can be quite lazy. Her good looks made her used to getting stuff she wanted. When she falls in love with somebody, she can be quite the flirt and likes calling that person "Honey" (yes, in English). Her color is green and she's 14 or 15, depending on which game you're talking about.

Miki is actually a brunette but she bleached her hair blond. In the original Idolm@ster game you could actually have her dye her hair back to brown and cut it short if you went through this specific path. If you want to see what she looked like then, here's a video of her performing Kosmos, Cosmos in her "awakened" (short brown hair) form.

Edit: And finally, a video for those who like maids, such as Billy. The girl in red is obviously Haruka. The girl in orange is named Yayoi and the girl in black is Makoto. The song is called Massugu.

Edited by Guest

Are you ready to rock? ^_^

shinegamix

i thought you were producer for 765 pro

making my triumphant return

Alphakitty

Miki I love pretty much everything about her, especially that she's lazy. I can relate XD

DD Family: Mari, Saber Lily, Marisa, Soniko, Noumi, Kirino, Kuroneko, Sakura (DD Sakuno), Aerie, Akira, Kiki, Koko, Rose (DDS Mariko), Kureha, Ryoko, Lucy, Haruka, Rise, Extra & Alter!

finnleo

There was also a animation series many years ago called Idolm@ster: Xenoglossia, produced by Sunrise which was a bit of a tounge in cheek mecha adventure series, that turned rather serious towards the end.

Haruka was the leading girl in the series, and since I cant even remember was Miki part of it even, I think she could have been part of the maintenance crew that was lead by Ritsuko

This came out roughly at the same time the first game for the xbox came out, and this animation series did not share any voice actors from the original game.

asianed
i thought you were producer for 765 pro

Yeah... 765 is your agency. 961 is one of the competing agencies and has the male idol group Jupiter. There's also the 876 studio from the newer IdolM@ster games.

DJStarstryker

Yeah, you guys are right. Sorry about that. I have no idea where that came from. Sometimes I think way faster than I type and strange things come out. I'll fix that.

There was also a animation series many years ago called Idolm@ster: Xenoglossia, produced by Sunrise which was a bit of a tounge in cheek mecha adventure series, that turned rather serious towards the end.

Haruka was the leading girl in the series, and since I cant even remember was Miki part of it even, I think she could have been part of the maintenance crew that was lead by Ritsuko

This came out roughly at the same time the first game for the xbox came out, and this animation series did not share any voice actors from the original game.

I don't believe Miki was in that. I only watched an episode or two and stopped watching because of how terrible that show was. I just remember that people made a big deal that Miki was finally in an anime for the first time with the OAV episode that came with the LE version of The Idolm@ster Live For You.

The newer anime is pretty good though. It somewhat, but not really, covers the storyline of the second game. However, that anime seems best if you've actually played the games and know some of who the girls are. Everyone I've seen online that has watched the anime without playing the games thought it was boring.

Ravendruid

The newer anime is pretty good though. It somewhat, but not really, covers the storyline of the second game. However, that anime seems best if you've actually played the games and know some of who the girls are. Everyone I've seen online that has watched the anime without playing the games thought it was boring.

I've never played any of the games, but recently watched the anime on Crunchyroll and loved it (but then, I'm a sucker for almost anything moe). It really made me want to try to track the games down. Are any of the original games available for North American consoles that you're aware of? (Region locking is the devil!) I aslo only recently learned that the voice actress that did Ami and Mami provided the voice for the Rin and Len Kagamine vocaloids.

As far as dolls, Ritsuko would be awesome, although I'd certainly take any of them. I just hope these two stay around log enough for my wallet to keep up.

Daddy of: Yuriko, Sohi, Miku and SK's many kids

12437295384_b307eb5ce8.jpg

still_doll+vk

they're so cool, every year when a dd is released I must have em!!

you are born not because you have a purpose in this world, you are born because you are special to someone!

[*]Seeu vocaloid dollfie

[*]Taiwan Hetalia dollfie

DJStarstryker

I've never played any of the games, but recently watched the anime on Crunchyroll and loved it (but then, I'm a sucker for almost anything moe). It really made me want to try to track the games down. Are any of the original games available for North American consoles that you're aware of? (Region locking is the devil!) I aslo only recently learned that the voice actress that did Ami and Mami provided the voice for the Rin and Len Kagamine vocaloids.

No, and I have the feeling they never will be.

You could play the PS3 Idolm@ster 2 or the PSP Idolm@ster games, because the PSP and the PS3 don't have region locking. But keep in mind that they're kinda text heavy and only in Japanese. I've actually got a wiki that can help non-Japanese speakers play The Idolm@ster 2. I haven't gotten around to doing anything for the first game or the PSP games yet.

For any who use my wiki, keep in mind that I actually wrote it using the Xbox 360 version. I don't have the PS3 version yet, though I might try to track down a cheap used copy of it at some point. So there are minor differences in buttons you have to press, songs and outfits available, and things like that.

sofiel

Ahaha i really like miki. From what ive seen of the anime so far.

She reminds me of myself lol. (even dying the hair blonde part lol)

Ugh august isnt coming fast enough!

Ill prolly try the psp game first since i usually play my psp more than ps3.

I usually play japanese games on it anyways, so i never know what they are saying lol.

... or maybe not. they are expensive lol xD

Edited by Guest

animagic4u

I wish the costumes for the DDs were based on the game versions and not the anime versions.

No offense I could find confetti dot fabric at my local fabric store so I don't see why they couldn't.

Just so you know, Miki isn't playable in the first psp game.

Dollfie Dream: Rei (DDdy, HDD04), Mikila (DDII, HDD04), Haruka (Ob50, DDS Millhiore), Shimamura Uzuki

Pure Neemo: Sayuri, Ayu, Alice

Resin: Terra, Koharu, Aki

DJStarstryker
I wish the costumes for the DDs were based on the game versions and not the anime versions.

Agreed. I watched the anime, but honestly I thought the animation for it was a little ugly. Probably the best part of the anime was seeing how much effort they took into animating some of the dances in episodes where they performed... but they never showed full songs and they only performed in a handful of episodes anyway.

I'll probably buy at least one of the upcoming Shiny Festa games even though it partly includes said ugly anime. But I've always wanted an Idolm@ster game that was a true rhythm game. Live For You doesn't count. Everyone who owns that just uses it to make videos of the girls anyway.

SakuraSylph

To add to Miki's history.. Miki wasn't in the original iM@S1 arcade game that the X360 version is based on (so if you ever play it in Japanese arcades, you won't find her). She (and her awesome song Relations) were some of the many new additions and enhancements that Namco added to the port of iM@S1 when it came out for X360. As a console-exclusive character, she wasn't in the oldest merch or the Xenoglossia anime.

She did become a fan favorite over time and now gets highlighted a lot. Apparently now including a DDS.

Miki has extreme talent at doing just about anything, and has gotten used to being lazy / doing nothing until the very last second, at which point she quickly memorizes her routine and still outshines everyone else at it. 765 Pro loves Miki's results, but sometimes gets frustrated by her complete lack of work ethic compared to all the other girls who have to work every day just to achieve the same level of performance. They sometimes see her as wasting her potential (how much more could she do if she actually worked?!).

I think Miki's just optimizing her life to get the best results with the least effort .

SakuraSylph

animagic4u

Agreed. I watched the anime, but honestly I thought the animation for it was a little ugly. Probably the best part of the anime was seeing how much effort they took into animating some of the dances in episodes where they performed... but they never showed full songs and they only performed in a handful of episodes anyway.

I'll probably buy at least one of the upcoming Shiny Festa games even though it partly includes said ugly anime. But I've always wanted an Idolm@ster game that was a true rhythm game. Live For You doesn't count. Everyone who owns that just uses it to make videos of the girls anyway.

Don't worry I think it's ugly too. LOL. And I'm a big time im@s fan.

Dollfie Dream: Rei (DDdy, HDD04), Mikila (DDII, HDD04), Haruka (Ob50, DDS Millhiore), Shimamura Uzuki

Mikuo_Hatsune

I've been playing the PSP Games and PS3 Im@s 2, bought the 360 Limited 1st Production Print Im@s 2 for the extras

(I Also sleep with a Miki Hoshii Dakimakura and a Miku Hatsune Dakimakura)

out of all the IM@S girls I love Miki and Takane the most, once I saw Volks making a Miki DD, my wallet had no resistance, I was sold

Misheru

I just started playing Idolm@ster 2 on PS3 (trying to figure my way through the Japanese text). It is fun, but I am having trouble getting some things to unlock even though I have followed all of the requirements.

I have the walkthroughs and stuff printed and have been careful with my answers so as to select the correct ones. But I am on my 3rd production and have gotten Ritsuko each time, including in a quintet. Yet, Smoky Thrill and costume still hasn't shown up for me. Neither in the game nor in S4U.

I also have none of the other costumes or accessories that were supposed to appear in the shoppes after the 1st and 2nd run through. My shelves are nearly empty. *sigh*

Anyway, I like it. I am just frustrated. It really makes me want to learn Japanese even more now.

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

animagic4u
I just started playing Idolm@ster 2 on PS3 (trying to figure my way through the Japanese text). It is fun, but I am having trouble getting some things to unlock even though I have followed all of the requirements.

I have the walkthroughs and stuff printed and have been careful with my answers so as to select the correct ones. But I am on my 3rd production and have gotten Ritsuko each time, including in a quintet. Yet, Smoky Thrill and costume still hasn't shown up for me. Neither in the game nor in S4U.

I also have none of the other costumes or accessories that were supposed to appear in the shoppes after the 1st and 2nd run through. My shelves are nearly empty. *sigh*

Anyway, I like it. I am just frustrated. It really makes me want to learn Japanese even more now.

If you ever need help you can always feel free to pm me. I've been playing im@s for a long time.

Misheru

Thanks so much! I finally gave up on my US account.

I loaded back up in my JPN account and it is working fine. I wanted to but some new fashions anyway, but as soon as I completed one run through, Ritsuko's fashions and Smoky Thrill unlocked. So it is working fine on that account. Just not sure why it didn't on my original account because I know lots of people who play on US accounts.

Oh well. I am happy to use my JPN account. I finally got a grand prix award so I an really excited.

Mikuo_Hatsune

Hello all ^^

received her last tuesday

_DSC0129-4.jpg

and some of us we're excited to open her today

_DSC0132-1.jpg

_DSC0135-2.jpg

_DSC0137-2.jpg

my other Miki was happy to see her ^^

_DSC0139-1.jpg

_DSC0145-1.jpg

Miki and Edie Nelson

_DSC0154-1.jpg

_DSC0159-1.jpg

mangaemi

awwwwww I just love love love her! I might have to find someone selling her head... it's just so cute!

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

Misheru

She is so cute. I hate that I missed out on the iM@S girls numerous times.

Oh well. Hopefully at least KOS-MOS will make up for it maybe.

chocolateyana

I'm just wondering if this is the body that the rest of the iM@S cast are going to be released in. It's a departure from the usual DD design...without that chest separation.

I really can't wait to see the rest of the iM@S girls though. All the character designs from this series were adorable, and the costumes as well.

animagic4u

Although to be honest if they keep releasing on the DDS body, there just simply can't be the whole cast.

Some of the more mature characters like Azusa, Ritsuko, and Takane really would not suit the Sister bodies.

Sekitan no Hashira
Although to be honest if they keep releasing on the DDS body, there just simply can't be the whole cast.

Some of the more mature characters like Azusa, Ritsuko, and Takane really would not suit the Sister bodies.

I doubt that they'd do all the characters on the DDS body if some of them would be better suited to the regular DD. Although Volks does do weird things sometimes. Even if that does happen, they can always be upgraded to the normal body to suit your tastes.

I also hope they don't keep releasing them with the seamless torso. It looks nice, but restricts posing, and I'd prefer having a doll that can bend forward to one that looks just a tiny bit more real.

Specializing in the art of being different, which is a polite way of saying "weird."

I do think I'm too young for this hobby…