Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Anna-neko

DD-Sister - Saber?

Anna-neko

this is a mega-long shot, but curiosity is killing me

Now, Volks says DD & DD-Sister can share clothes. Sisters being a bit shorter, the outfit might look just a tiny bit different in that overall look. Especially now that base-3 seems to have grown an inch in height

therefor - who has Saber's clothes (any Saber: Arturia, Lily, Alter or Nero) and a Sister body to try them on?? I'm mega curious how it would look!

internet hugs & eternal gratitude to anyone who can get this done (Billy I'm looking at you, your army meets these conditions)

EDIT: on second thought - any Chara limited costume should be tried out too. Bring out your Beato dresses, K-On! uniforms or Mashiro kimonos

Edited by Guest

shinegamix

always thought that torso wise the dds and dd were same

just different lengths in limbs

making my triumphant return

kymaera

I switched Saber to a DDS body last year. Haven't ran into any real size compatibilities. She's currently wearing Neris's default outfit.

nys6.jpg

nys9.jpg

nys2.jpg

I haven't tried her default with the DDS body because the dress stains horribly. I have a spare stained DDII body which I keep for outfits that stain.

Anna-neko

I haven't tried her default with the DDS body because the dress stains horribly. I have a spare stained DDII body which I keep for outfits that stain.

She looks cute in that outfit ^__^

DJStarstryker
always thought that torso wise the dds and dd were same

just different lengths in limbs

They're not. DDS has a smaller torso. Some of the tops made for DDs are a bit loose on DDS because of this. I tried Smooth Lamp Black on Reimu and the top was kind of loose on her.

Are you ready to rock? ^_^

SakuraSylph
They're not. DDS has a smaller torso. Some of the tops made for DDs are a bit loose on DDS because of this. I tried Smooth Lamp Black on Reimu and the top was kind of loose on her.

Even though that's the case, you can't really tell the small difference just by looking at it. Only when you dress her or pick her up in your arms. In other words, it still looks great. (as do many SD clothes on DDII). In fact, you can even put SD10G clothes on DDS and the dresses are about the right length height-wise...

The reverse is usually true also by the way - DDII looks good in DDS Reimu or Marisa's default outfits. (the only DDS-specific pieces of clothes I have at the moment for testing.)

Edited by Guest

SakuraSylph

baldylox

Okay, while I'm not breaking out the Saber default set to put on Mamimi just yet, I *will* share a few pics from my upcoming body comparison post. This will help people see the differences in the DD3, DDII and DDS since these are side by side comparisons.

First up is this shot of the DDS and DD3 side by side. I have a Yukino V2 here that's visiting and she allowed photos of her to be taken for science sake. Mamimi also let me take shots of her for comparison. So here we have the DD3 and DDS.

7481862528_65f2a3f919_z.jpg

DSC_6763 by balldylox, on Flickr

As you can see, the DDS is a good bit shorter than the DD3 is. Also you can really see the difference in leg length here. Here's a closeup for you that shows the torsos, busts and shoulders of the two.

7481870134_3d5a3c4a0d_z.jpg

DSC_6764 by balldylox, on Flickr

Here's a side shot showing the differences in lengths again. Note the shin parts of the legs are about the same size but the thighs/upper legs are a lot different. You can see the longer torso of the DDS here too.

7481878884_3b596ae3fd_z.jpg

DSC_6765 by balldylox, on Flickr

Now, we have the DD3 and the DDII side by side. I'm not sure why people say the DD3 is significantly taller than the the DDII is because with these two girls, that's not the case. The Yukino V2 on the left isn't much taller at all. And I made sure both girls had their upper torsos pushed down as far as they go so no cheating is going on here to make one look taller or shorter.

7481916800_c55d362fcd_z.jpg

DSC_6746 by balldylox, on Flickr

And here's a shot from the back.

7481924810_3caf626bce_z.jpg

DSC_6750 by balldylox, on Flickr

Overall, the DD3 and DDs are very different in size but the DDII and DD3 aren't that different at all. So clothing from the DDII to the DD3 won't be an issue. But the DDS is shorter than the DD3 by a fair amount so length of dresses or long pants will be a factor there.

I'm not sure I want to try the deafult Saber Extra outfit on Mamimi anytime soon as it's a pain to put on. But I'll put it on my "to do" list for posts. I may even get frisky and try on Beatrices set.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

smallpotato

Thanks for the comparison, Billy.

I never understand the reason that Volks releases DDS body. Yes, there are differences between the DD3/DD2 and DDS, but they are not like DD2 and MDD bodies huge differences. It only brings you more troubles when you choose outfits for your girls

I was thinking DDS might be a prototype for DD3 body, but it got lucky to be released to the market...

Nehelenia

I never understand the reason that Volks releases DDS body. Yes, there are differences between the DD3/DD2 and DDS, but they are not like DD2 and MDD bodies huge differences. It only brings you more troubles when you choose outfits for your girls

I was thinking DDS might be a prototype for DD3 body, but it got lucky to be released to the market...

It's fun to have girls with different heights and ages as simple as that.

DJStarstryker

So you can have a slightly shorter girl and, therefore, she'll look like a younger sister.

There really isn't that many clothes issues. You just have to expect that the clothes will be slightly looser fitting sometimes. Also, if you have a really long dress or pants, those things will look slightly longer still on the DDS.

Are you ready to rock? ^_^

Misheru

Things I have found in switching back and forth:

DD dresses are loose in the shoulders on DDSs. Pants are an issue, too long in both crotch area and length. Skirts are okay, just longer. Any form fitting pencil skirts are looser on DDS and don't look right, IMO.

Anything very form-fitting that is DDS size isn't going to fit a DD very well. Akira's suspender shorts are pretty much a no go on a DD, especially if she tried to sit. Skirts work well back and forth as long as you are okay with them being shorter on DD.

Regular DDS blouses are quite tight in the chest/shoulders on DDs and don't button on larger chests generally. Ms. Mariko's fashions are a bit different due to her bust . Even DDdy can wear her Magical Peach vest.

Stockings/tights fit a bit differently.

Dresses depend on the style.

Most things can be swapped between DDS and s/m bust DD, but they are not the same fit. Knit and stretchy items are fine, of course. Sleeve length is your only major variant.

This is just what I have found in my experience.

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

Cauldroness

I really appreciate the DDS's smaller tush! I have a bunch of items for my resin girls that will not fit over the wide hips and thighs of the DD, but my little Marisa can slip into them no problem!

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

Ultimaknight

I have my Nero on DDS body with the DD3's L bust on. I wanted the DDS because I was getting Nero and based on the game, she is of short stature. I currently have her in default gear and have to say she looks fine in it. And to be honest the latest news of new option parts gives me hope that maybe a legit L bust for DDS will be released. If so I plan on getting it for Nero because I love her on the DDS thus far.

I'll upload photos soonish.

smallpotato

So you can have a slightly shorter girl and, therefore, she'll look like a younger sister.

There really isn't that many clothes issues. You just have to expect that the clothes will be slightly looser fitting sometimes. Also, if you have a really long dress or pants, those things will look slightly longer still on the DDS.

Thanks for the explanations.

However, it is hard to tell who is younger from DD ageless faces, and why should your sister be shorter than you

Anna-neko

you guys are all super-informative, thanx!

*nudges* but come on, more pictures please

jadepixel

I've got Saber on a DDS body with DD2 M-bust and Moe's default outfit. The outfit seems to work fine, compared to DD2 the socks seem to end a bit higher, but everything fits about as expected. The sleeves are supposed to be a bit long.

7428184944_a98fb7a485_z.jpg

finnleo

For the size discussion, obitsu and parabox combined offer a even wider range of heights.

If like me, if someone was looking at making characters from an anime for instance, you might actually need different heights to be character-correct.

for instance in rozen maiden, Suigintou is naturally full sized, but Shinku is shorter, but still not hinaichigo short. so just there you have the need for three different heights to be correct to the source.