Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

mangaemi

Styling a wig for custom look

mangaemi

Hey guys - so after a few days of scouring the internet, I found two/three possible wigs that might be able to be used or my soon to be MDD Yumiko doll.

For reference, her hair needs to curl like this image I drew: http://oyasumiyumiko.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps#/d53exr9

So it needs to:

a) be a brown/babybrown pigtail wig

b) curl out on the ends

optional: c) be thick ponytails

There's the wigs from Miruya:

h31082_WG111-OB-01.jpg

^ my concern with this wig is since they are detached pigtails... I'm not sure how I can get some volume/lift so they aren't so flat. I'm wondering if maybe I wrap some mini rubber bands around the base of each pigtail if that will help give it some lift? Can these wigs be curled? How hot is too hot??

h82867_WG116-OB-top.jpg

^ This one has the curl already in place that I might be able to brush/work with.. still it needs some height - and plus I'd have to trim the longer bangs... and since it's an expensive wig I don't want to completely mutilate it.

290_f.jpg

^This one from Leekeworld seems pretty close... but from the images I can't really tell if they are really pigtails... b/c they seem like they are an additional wefts of that are just sewn in on both sides. And it's cute... just isn't as "anime" or look as good as the miruya ones... :\

321_01.jpg

^ And this one, the pigtails are too thin (I might just be waaaaay to picky)

I know finding a 100% matching wig to my character is pretty unrealistic to expect. So I'm expecting to do some customization on one ... just I have no experience in styling wigs...

So any advice on this is most appreciated - if maybe you've seen these wigs in action maybe send me some links of images so I can see what others have done with it? If you have any experience styling wigs I'd love to hear your suggestions.

Keep bein' awesome guys!

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

jadepixel

If you get a Leeke wig, you can get extra clip-on pieces to add fullness on top.

Like these:

http://www.leekeworld.com/En/Product/p_view.asp?it_code=1745&B_catalog_num=27

2711_f_02.jpg

There's no rule against doubling up on the clip-on pieces if you need a thinner end but thick at the top. Leeke is also heat-resisting fiber, so it should be easy to curl more as needed.

Amara77

I know that curling the wigs are super easy so if you can find the right color.

Heat resistant you can obviously use a curling iron..done

A regularly synthetic you can use the boil perm technique which is also super easy

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....