Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
knibitz

^^;/ hi...

knibitz

My introductions always suck ;A;

butbutbut, I've recently gotten a friend of mine into DDs, which, in return, has rekindled my interest in them XD

I've been a resin owner for several years and am drowning in them XD but I love each and every one!

I'd ended up poking littlebearries and she pointed me in this direction

I'm looking at getting a HDD-03, 02, or 06 and then just turning her into an OC, possibly a sort of muse

I've been around DD's for awhile, I was friends with Baldylox, AsianEd, and LoveLily before moving from SC all the up to Michigan and they taught me well! I just never got around to biting the bullet and getting my own, but maybe now is the time

I plan to only have one or two DDs... but we'll see how that goes. I said I'd only have one resin child.. but some how I ended up with more than 10...

ANYWHO! I'm a photographer by nature and maybe you'll be seeing shots from me soon

We'll see when a DD fits into my budget XD

Or maybe I'll have to stalk down littlebearries and visit her girls for a photoshoot

forgive me if I lurk for a bit!

Edited by Guest

animagic4u

Welcome~~ I'm new here too!~

Dollfie Dream: Rei (DDdy, HDD04), Mikila (DDII, HDD04), Haruka (Ob50, DDS Millhiore), Shimamura Uzuki

Pure Neemo: Sayuri, Ayu, Alice

Resin: Terra, Koharu, Aki

baldylox

Hey there! So THAT'S where you ran off to! Were we THAT bad that you had to run all the way up to Michigan? LOL

Glad to see you here tho! Feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like, we've got plenty of helpful folks willing to help out.

So do you have your eyes on anyone in particular or what's your plan?

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

knibitz

XD more like I got hired by one of the largest corporations in the world and was like HERE IS MY SOUL! TAKE IT! GIVE ME MONEY IN RETURN XD

As far as plans, I'm going to do my own custom design, I think I'm looking at the different option heads and dizzying my brain with the different looks they can achieve oAo

I'd originally seen littlebearries' new 04 custom pop up on her flickr stream and was like OMG DO WANT, but I talked to her about it and now I'm considering getting a different head and sending it her way for face up \ouo/ she hasn't met me yet, but I'll stalk her down soon enough!

I'm not sure exactly what my budget timeline is looking like right now, but my head my roll for a bit.

I just got a cat o____0.. yeah, you guys rubbed off on me. Dollfie dreams and cats... what's happening to me? BUT HES THE CUTEST FLUFFIEST KITTY EVER.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8147/7426467928_ac226c514b.jpg

SO! Harry (my cat) sucked up what was supposed to be my "first paycheck doll purchase" XD

I supposed it's ok though, the dollfie dream interest really did come back over night and I'm flailing at all the possibilities right now! So much more versatility than the resin dollies I'm used to!

But definitely an artistic, funloving personality who's around my age - as far as a character goes.

I did have a Dream of Doll Ean who was supposed to be one character but then molded into something different, so maybe my DD will fit in there? In that case, her name will be Renee (maybe XD)

baldylox

Getting hooked up with Littlebearries is a good thing. She's awesome with her faceups.... she actually redid Manami and Miyuki for me and they both turned out so nicely. I'd trust LB with anything. I may even have her redo my Mamimi sometime soon.

That sounds good about doing a custom, it's a great way to get into DD's and have the girl YOU want and not something you have to change to suit you.

Congrats on the kitty! If you own DD's, you own cats too... IT IS LAW!!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

battrastard

Welcome! It's nice to go to a forum where there are people you know, isn't it?

You'll find a lot of others here that have "migrated" from other places, and they're very helpful and fun-loving. ( you'll find out when you read some of the photo-stories!)

Enjoy your stay! Can't wait to see some of your pics!

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Crystaltiger

Welcome.

I also said that I wanted one DD but every time I see new pics of the new girls I'm always tempted to try for another. haha.

Singer Yuna
Welcome~~ I'm new here too!~
Welcome to both, knibitz and Animagic!

I hope to see your photos knibitz!

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

Poofiemus

Welcome! You're not the only one who joined this forum before getting your first DD, so don't feel too estranged just because dollfie destiny hasn't quite worked out yet.

One nice thing about the standard heads being so common is that there's such a huge variety of interpretations of them out there you can look to for inspiration. I often look at Momoiro Manbou's stuff for inspiration, because he's done literally *hundreds* of standard heads, and has at least one shot of each one on his site. It's a nice one-stop place to get a quick gist of what the standard heads can look like with different faceups.

Congrats on the kitty! If you own DD's, you own cats too... IT IS LAW!!

Billy

Well, then, I'm some kind of horrible rogue. I actually can't have cats (allergic), and neither can my mother or grandmother. We do have quite a few dogs in our family though, are they acceptable substitutes? And if not, can Pancake count?

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

battrastard

Poofiemus asked: "And if not, can Pancake count? "

I certainly hope so! I have neither cats nor dogs, so a certain mischievous Dragon will have to do!

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

phantomwings86

Your username seems familiar to me...

You wouldn't have happened to be a member on MLP Arena ages ago? And possibly posted lots of pictures of pullips which led me into getting into dolls and eventually ending up here (today)? If so, THANKS

And if not! Welcome fellow Newbie!! Well, I guess your not really a newbie since you're getting back into the hobby... but Hi and Welcome anyway

Nekopon

Hellloooo~ it's very nice to meet you. You seem like a very fun person already. xD

If you've got questions or anything, we're all here!

I was a forum-goer when I was younger, totally obsessed with them so I completely understand how nice it is to find familiar people on other forums. However, this is the only forum I go to now since the past few years. xD (except for work)

knibitz
Your username seems familiar to me...

You wouldn't have happened to be a member on MLP Arena ages ago? And possibly posted lots of pictures of pullips which led me into getting into dolls and eventually ending up here (today)? If so, THANKS

And if not! Welcome fellow Newbie!! Well, I guess your not really a newbie since you're getting back into the hobby... but Hi and Welcome anyway

Yep XD I'm from the arena and sitll there

*goes back into my dusty archives* mmmmmmmmmmm 2009....

3499312157_d51aa0a886.jpg

any of these girls? XD