MagicalRozen

Baldylox

mitsuki

Dollfie Dream internal frame structure and Dimensions

RaveOfNightmares

DD3 inner frame variant found in KOS-MOS:

12369732843_2015f09800_c.jpg

_DSC0741SLT-A99VMACRO 50mm F2.820140205 by Visual Cacophony, on Flickr

I wonder how this change will fare regarding past breakage of the mk.1 and mk.2 shoulder socket types?

21 DD girls: Mio, Marina, Yui, Yoko, Nia, Lily, Arisu, Akina, Momo, Arisa, Yukina, Ayaka, Niimi, Eri, Millefeuille, Ekisu, Chitose, Miyabi, KOS-MOS v.4, Hatsune Miku and God Eater Alisa. 2B in a hopeful future.

Cauldroness

Isn't that the same frame we've had since Asuna was released last June? I thought it had been in every release since Asuna, so it's not a new variant for Kos-Mos. There should be around a dozen releases with that version of the frame?

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

RaveOfNightmares
Isn't that the same frame we've had since Asuna was released last June? I thought it had been in every release since Asuna, so it's not a new variant for Kos-Mos. There should be around a dozen releases with that version of the frame?

Well then, disregard my statement. I had not seen Asuna's, nor any more recent with it. Looks like I'm the idiot for being behind the curve. Serves me right for trying to be helpful.

21 DD girls: Mio, Marina, Yui, Yoko, Nia, Lily, Arisu, Akina, Momo, Arisa, Yukina, Ayaka, Niimi, Eri, Millefeuille, Ekisu, Chitose, Miyabi, KOS-MOS v.4, Hatsune Miku and God Eater Alisa. 2B in a hopeful future.

Error-Chan

I had a look but I may of overlooked it my self but is there any images on what the DDI looks like inside ?

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

Bloodflower
I had a look but I may of overlooked it my self but is there any images on what the DDI looks like inside ?

Not sure if there is any photos here but the DDI is hollow with strings inside. There really isn't much internal structure in the DDI, unless you count the joints in the elbows, hands and feet.

Corellia(DD Marya), Sirius(DDS Sirius), Luka(DDdy OOB N-04), Alessa(DDdy Sakura Honya Head) Genma(Azone Kanojo)

Error-Chan

Not sure if there is any photos here but the DDI is hollow with strings inside. There really isn't much internal structure in the DDI, unless you count the joints in the elbows, hands and feet.

yeah I am trying to work out what my girl has a swollen ankle. I vent tell if its the knot attaching its self to the foot or if the structure inside is funny.

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

Error-Chan

So after being a detective like I normal am I worked out the problem and fixed it =D

I worked out the person that put her foot on had put it in the wrong way making the stick on the inside push the knot into the vinyl leg making it warp out of shape. I have re done the knot and put the foot back so now it is fully in and the kink has started to go hope with time it will look fully normal again.

I have drawn this to help explain the problem to those that may have toe same with there DD I body's.

12633889703_f58baeebb5.jpg

DDI problem and cores. by ErrorObitsuChan, on Flickr

mitsuki

That's such a cool drawing! It illustrates the concept perfectly. Thank you!

aurora_light_dd

ok i have some questions:

Does anyone own dollfie dream body III semi-white parts or body??

If so, I want to know:

What is the outer diameter of the shoulder joint (located on internal frame part)? 13mm or 15mm?

thanks.

flowerhoney

This is EXTREMELY helpful. Thanks!

☆ If you have to ask, you'll never know. If you know, you need only ask. ☆

Totorosan

Wow, this is some really great info! Thanks everyone for sharing!

Ahiru

Great info! I bet this will be useful when my DD arrives

By the way, could anyone tell me the measurement for the S bust?

I don't know if my search/google-fu is weak or if I just missed it, but I would love to have that piece of info as I hope to fashion a simple dress or something of the kind for my coming girl.

katzilla

Wow, this is definitely one invaluable thread! Thank you so much to everyone who has posted here, it sure makes for one brilliant resource, especially to complete DD noobs like me (who went to a bjd meet and on my 1st attempt handling a 1/3 vinyl head for the first time couldn't figure out how to take the damned headcap off That's what happens when you are too used to resin heads and tiny 1/6 vinyl headed dolls with painted eyes only - no need for a headcap there. Oh well, at least everyone else found it funny ^^).

MileenaAngel

If this thread were to ever disappear I wouldn't know what to do. It's very helpful!

jeko

Yeah, this is very helpful information! Thanks!

heerowings

Thanks so much for the information!

This is definitely helpful when you are wondering if the clothes that you are buying will fit your dollfie.

hino123

Wow, thanks for the info, can't wait for my first DD

Danielle Silver

Thanks for the info!

I was wondering, since one of the older DDs had elastic system of stringing.. can we buy the base parts and build a doll without the internal skeleton? Using elastic? Just a thought.. I'm so used to bjds and really new to vinyl dolls, lol

baldylox
Thanks for the info!

I was wondering, since one of the older DDs had elastic system of stringing.. can we buy the base parts and build a doll without the internal skeleton? Using elastic? Just a thought.. I'm so used to bjds and really new to vinyl dolls, lol

Hello!

The only DD to ever use string was the DD1. It was designed to specifically be strung and had no internal skeleton. All newer bodies are designed to use the inner skeleton/frame and will not work with string since there are no points to attach it to inside.

But the internal frame is SO MUCH BETTER than strings! It makes the girls very easy to pose and stay posed. They are also lighter and the joints are smoother and nicer looking than most resin ones. Think of them as large action figures!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Danielle Silver

Thank you for your answer, Billy!

It was just a hypothetical thought... I agree that internal structure is much better than ball joints, too! Can't wait to get a body for my DD girl ^_^

Jezrah

Does anybody know if there's a secret technique to removing the legs for an older DDII? I acquired an older body that needs cleaning and I can't for the life of me pull the legs out of the hip sockets, but since it's the hard plastic frame that's being stubborn I don't know that heat will help.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

baldylox
Does anybody know if there's a secret technique to removing the legs for an older DDII? I acquired an older body that needs cleaning and I can't for the life of me pull the legs out of the hip sockets, but since it's the hard plastic frame that's being stubborn I don't know that heat will help.

Yup, using heat is your best bet there. The majority of my girls are on the DD2 and original DDdy bodies so getting them apart is sometimes a pain. I found using a heat gun on the hip joints makes things a bit easier to get them apart. You have to have heat on them longer tho since they're the hard plastic frame parts so make sure you don't get the vinyl in the area too hot. You can do it and it may take several tries but it's possible. Just make sure when pulling at the leg to grip the inner frame part tightly and swing the leg back and forth as you pull.... pulling straight off is much harder and might break or crack the joint.

Hopefully that helps!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Panda_Dolliess

Will there be a closer look at the new F3 frame??

jaderose

Does anybody happen to have have comparison pictures of DDS and DD torso frames? (And information on whether you can attach DD2-framed arms to a DD3 chest frame?)

I'm wondering whether I could use a DD3 Sister frame for a DD body, or if the heights are totally incompatible. I'm not 100% sure if it's the torso or the legs that are shorter on the Sister, and I'm having one heck of a time finding used frames from my usual sources.

Edited by jaderose
Clarifying wording

The post above this signature was probably TLDR, and I am very sorry.