Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
archangeli

Lucky 13! Annalise is here! (DD Rise Kujikawa)

archangeli

This afternoon Serena, Rin and Médée were playing with the new London skyline blocks that I bought for them. This basically consisted of Médée ordering Serena about, and Rin supervising! >__<"

7890083568_a6164a54fc_z.jpg

Suddenly Angry Bunny hopped in the room with some news.

7890089016_68956309d0_z.jpg

Apparently a big box has arrived! This looks interesting with all the "FRAGILE" markings all over it! Gabi and Angry Bunny brought the box into the room.

7890095124_73526050fd_z.jpg

Why does it seem like Gabi is always in charge of new parcels? It must be because she likes climbing around on things. She wasted no time opening up the box, removing the layer of paper to discover - another box!

Gabi: "What the heck! A box within a box - this is like Inception!"

7890100400_2c4537926d_z.jpg

After getting the smaller box out of the big shipping box, Gabi was a bit tired @__@" But Médée wants to know what's inside!

Médée: Open this one too!

7890105448_b49c735bd1_z.jpg

Gabi: "Can one of you help me open this one?"

Serena came over to help since Rin was hanging onto Médée.

7890110468_197cb86a48_z.jpg

It looks like the familiar yellow of a Dollfie Dream box! It's DD Rise Kujikawa from Persona 4!

7890115882_f1a51dc92d_z.jpg

Upon opening Rise's box, Angry Bunny immediately hopped over to block any doll nudity! He's relentless!

7891044364_77487f7519_z.jpg

Here's a first glance at DD Rise's beautiful sculpt and face-up. She's the most realistic looking Dolllfie Dream to be released so far - she has tear ducts at the inner corner of her eyes, nostrils and teeth! I can't get past the dull stare of her default eyes so I'll be changing those very soon!

7890125430_754933a863_z.jpg

Here she is sitting up out of her packaging. Rise comes on the DD3 body with a small bust.

7890129200_0277446f92_z.jpg

Inside her box is also her wig, default outfit and papers. The outfit is very well thought out: the black jacket and the skirt are fully lined in white inside and there are no errant black threads! Her skirt also has little wires in it so that it can be "posed." I've also heard from other DD Rise owners that her stockings don't stain, however were a bit tight to get on her legs. I found out afterwards that the little yellow thing packaged with her earrings is a fake "knot" for her neck-piece so that I don't have to tie a knot in it! I'm not fond of the style of her loafers at all, and found they were quite a tight fit.

7890140416_1b9b06bbbd_z.jpg

Here she is all dressed up in her default set. Her wig was very tight and quite difficult to get on her head - and the way that it's styled makes it difficult to handle so I will probably save this wig for special occasions.

7890145534_f7b4d6d1c8_z.jpg

I do love this dark copper colour of the wig, so I may have to eventually try to find something similar to it for her.

7890150110_81f83c96a2_z.jpg

I've decided to call this new girl Annalise, to incorporate a bit of her original name but I'll probably call her Anna for short. I removed Anna's default eyes quite shortly afterwards - and to help out my fellow Dollfie Dream owners I took a video of the process. I'm sorry that I move off-camera sometimes, but this was pretty much a 1-take-only video >__<"

Thank you for joining me to welcome home my latest beautiful Dollfie Dream girl. I really fell in love with her when I saw her in person at the Volks Dolpa27 in May, and was quite bummed that I wasn't able to bring her home. It makes me really happy to be able to add her to my doll family - she really is a perfect doll with her realistic face but all the other wonderful attributes of the Dollfie Dreams! She will likely be the last girl I adopt for quite some time - I'm running out of space and already up to 13 DD girls! 0__0"

Here's Annalise's current look right now. She's wearing Rin Tohsaka's default eyes and one of the newer wig styles from Volks that I bought for her when I visited the Volks USA showroom on the weekend. I hope to take more photos of her soon, but I'm going to be quite busy over the next few days.

7890766832_80bafa3fa4_z.jpg

- ♥ Archangeli

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

DefectiveAngel

Congrats on being able to get her!

She is quickly becoming the girl I am highly regretting not trying to get when she was released. Her face is very gorgeous and I love all the realistic features Volks did for her.

It's always a treat getting to see your box opening posts. I like how detailed you are, plus it's always so much fun getting to see Angry Bunny, so cute!

I love her new name and also the current changes you made to her. That wig with Rin's eyes make for a very lovely combo on her.

I enjoyed watching your YouTube video too! A really great guide for those just starting out or that have never changed eyes before. Plus you make it look so easy! When I change eyes it always seems like such a fight. Then again I still haven't got to try out any of the girls with the soft headcap. All of mine are hard headed. =3

scripple

Congrats on the new girl. The new eyes are a big improvement.

Mahoro

Yay! Another new girl! :p

And I agree, the new eyes look MUCH better.

AND I also agree, I'm running out of space, in fact I've overran space...no idea where my incoming 4 are going lol.

archangeli
Congrats on being able to get her!

She is quickly becoming the girl I am highly regretting not trying to get when she was released. Her face is very gorgeous and I love all the realistic features Volks did for her.

It's always a treat getting to see your box opening posts. I like how detailed you are, plus it's always so much fun getting to see Angry Bunny, so cute!

I love her new name and also the current changes you made to her. That wig with Rin's eyes make for a very lovely combo on her.

I enjoyed watching your YouTube video too! A really great guide for those just starting out or that have never changed eyes before. Plus you make it look so easy! When I change eyes it always seems like such a fight. Then again I still haven't got to try out any of the girls with the soft headcap. All of mine are hard headed. =3

Thanks DefectiveAngel! As the North American lotto winners started getting their Rise's I immediately felt a huge pang of regret that I wasn't able to win her and went about looking for her - I found a decently priced one on YJA! It was my first time buying a DD off YJA and the overall process was very smooth!

I love doing box openings! I think it's one of those things I picked up being in the resin BJD community - hehe. When I do them, I try to think of what other people would ask about if they were interested in getting a particular doll, or what I wish I had known before I bought her! LOL And Angry Bunny is a funny little guy.

I'm glad you found my video useful I've had to remove eyes from the hard vinyl girls too (DD Shino, and the glue out of Rin's head since the owner left it in o_0" ) and I found it's a similar process. The only main difference is that squeezing the head doesn't do much, and I needed my carving knife tool to pry at the edge of the glue ring. I've never needed to use paint thinner or anything @__@"

Thanks Scripple!

I'm of the opinion that anything but her default eyes would have been an improvement LOL

AND I also agree, I'm running out of space, in fact I've overran space...no idea where my incoming 4 are going lol.

Sigh... the space issue @__@"

Hopefully when I renovate next summer it will make more space for the girls.

Right now I have Mélisande in the spare room undergoing stain treatments and I honestly don't miss her >__<" I might box her up for a bit to make room.

scripple

Thanks Scripple!

I'm of the opinion that anything but her default eyes would have been an improvement LOL

It's certainly not hard to have an improvement over her defaults, but I'd say Neris' defaults speaks pretty loudly that not just anything is an improvement.

littlebearries

I love the name!!!

... and yes... the dead stare eyes had to go... how'd you like their funky little shape too... almost triangular!!!

I can't wait to see more pics of your girls... I always love checking out your photographs! (and I'm still insanely jealous of all the Canada meets where you guys go to such delicious bakeries!!!

Congrats on this new girl... I absolutely adore mine too, so I hope yours will fit in and have a wonderful time there! The world needs more Rise pictures!!!

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

Mahoro

Sigh... the space issue @__@"

Hopefully when I renovate next summer it will make more space for the girls.

Right now I have Mélisande in the spare room undergoing stain treatments and I honestly don't miss her >__<" I might box her up for a bit to make room.

Rennovate, if only it were that easy for me xD

The only way I'll get more space is if I move out, or sell off a lot of other things for which I doubt there are any buyers for, since my stuff is old by trendy standards. Oh well, I'm done, so its all good....as long as I find space for the incoming 4....maybe that CRT monitor can go...even though it IS fully functional...<_<

Singer Yuna

Aaaaw, how cute your Annalise is!!

And your DD family seems so happy with Rise's arrival ^^ she looks so pretty with Rin's eyes and that outfit is beautiful too, contrats on finally getting her ^^

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

nkei

CONGRATS on Annalise!! I cannot describe how jealous I am lol xD. I seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Rise so be prepared as I am going to ogle yours .

The new wig you chose for her is really nice! And Rin's eyes are a definite improvement from her brown ones. Gahh she's beautiful

archangeli

It's certainly not hard to have an improvement over her defaults, but I'd say Neris' defaults speaks pretty loudly that not just anything is an improvement.

Yikes~! Or Airy's defaults >___<"

I love the name!!!

... and yes... the dead stare eyes had to go... how'd you like their funky little shape too... almost triangular!!!

I can't wait to see more pics of your girls... I always love checking out your photographs! (and I'm still insanely jealous of all the Canada meets where you guys go to such delicious bakeries!!!

Congrats on this new girl... I absolutely adore mine too, so I hope yours will fit in and have a wonderful time there! The world needs more Rise pictures!!!

Thank you! I must confess that seeing the first few photos of your Jun really made my heart ache for a Rise of my own!

Yeah - the triangle shape her default eyes was most strange @__@"

You're always welcome to join us for a doll meet and stuff your face with us!

Aaaaw, how cute your Annalise is!!

And your DD family seems so happy with Rise's arrival ^^ she looks so pretty with Rin's eyes and that outfit is beautiful too, contrats on finally getting her ^^

Thank you! ^__^"

CONGRATS on Annalise!! I cannot describe how jealous I am lol xD. I seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Rise so be prepared as I am going to ogle yours .

The new wig you chose for her is really nice! And Rin's eyes are a definite improvement from her brown ones. Gahh she's beautiful

Thank you. You can come over and oogle her any time! You live so close by :p You should stop by sometime and rifle through my doll hoard.

Machiko and whitefrosty came over today with some eyes for me to play with. I forgot to take a photo of the 18mm brown acrylic ones but I didn't like how they looked. Here she is with a pair of 16mm glass eyes - she looks quite stunning!

7897214804_b9c689c5d9_z.jpg

littlebearries

Thank you! I must confess that seeing the first few photos of your Jun really made my heart ache for a Rise of my own!

Yeah - the triangle shape her default eyes was most strange @__@"

You're always welcome to join us for a doll meet and stuff your face with us!

I'm glad you were able to find one. It seems like she was a lot more limited than other releases.

It always makes me wonder if run size of licensed characters is dictated by the company who owns them?

LOL, ok, you mentioned joining you for a doll meet, so I mapquested it and now know you guys are just 5 hours away -_-

SO CLOSE!!!!!

Mahoro

Off topic, I know, but...You should come in september littlebearries! I'm gonna be in Toronto as well!

Pacino_83

I like Rise better with blue eyes. This may be a bit OT but do you own a Volks Winter Smile Nono?

Parting with my lovely ladies.

archangeli
I like Rise better with blue eyes. This may be a bit OT but do you own a Volks Winter Smile Nono?

I like her with blue and green >__<" I can't settle, but for now she's back to wearing Rin's default eyes.

I don't own Winter Smile Nono - just her outfit The top fits perfectly on the M bust. It's a bit tight on the L bust.

salica

The green eyes look amazing on her !!! Congratulations on your new girl ! I'm happy to see there is more

DD Rise lovers here on DD.com than everywhere else , just received mine too

I want to change the eyes too but I will have to buy some as I don't have anything that small

neurocidic

I really need to get some thinner so I can take out Rise's eyes. The hairdryer method just took me forever. I can't wait to changer her eyes though! Your Rise looks so wonderful with the different eyes!

PlasticFantastic
I really need to get some thinner so I can take out Rise's eyes. The hairdryer method just took me forever. I can't wait to changer her eyes though! Your Rise looks so wonderful with the different eyes!

Yuno, her eyes are quite easy to remove, no hair dryer or thinner required. ^^;

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

archangeli

Any DD released after May 2011 and has a soft vinyl head doesn't need thinner to remove the eyes. I actually made a video of me removing Rise's default eyes. It was one-take (no editing), and took less than 5 minutes to take the eyes out!

Edited by Guest

neurocidic

Will watch in just a few moments, thank you!! Curious... When was Neris released? Her eyes were abysmal to remove for me. =__=

PlasticFantastic
Will watch in just a few moments, thank you!! Curious... When was Neris released? Her eyes were abysmal to remove for me. =__=

Seriously? I got my Neris' glue to pop out as one solid piece..

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

archangeli

Airy and Neris were released the same Dolpa - so May 2011.

I helped Pink_Blaise remove eyes from her Neris yesterday and they popped out super easily o_0" The glue even came out in one neat "goggle" like my Airy -

5833545885_d702b777f8.jpg

neurocidic

Ugghhhhh I wish mine had been that easy. Initially I had tried to just push the eyes out as you did but they would not budge. I did not try squeezing the head though, as I had not heard of that trick. Her glue was not tacky to the touch, it was rather hard.

I wound up spending nearly a half hour using a hairdryer and picking at the edges with forceps until I finally got one eye free. The other eye came out "goggle" style though after that.

littlebearries
Ugghhhhh I wish mine had been that easy. Initially I had tried to just push the eyes out as you did but they would not budge. I did not try squeezing the head though, as I had not heard of that trick. Her glue was not tacky to the touch, it was rather hard.

I wound up spending nearly a half hour using a hairdryer and picking at the edges with forceps until I finally got one eye free. The other eye came out "goggle" style though after that.

Mine had this problem too... very hard glue... AND, the eyes were cracked T_T ... a problem I've never had with any other girl other than the Airy and Neris I had... I think we got heads with a bad batch of glue!

littlebearries
Off topic, I know, but...You should come in september littlebearries! I'm gonna be in Toronto as well!

Hahaha! If only I could! Maybe when I get my driver's license back! (It was taken away for illness... not bad behavior!!! XD)

This may be a bit OT but do you own a Volks Winter Smile Nono?

I don't own Winter Smile Nono - just her outfit The top fits perfectly on the M bust. It's a bit tight on the L bust.

I want this outfit so badly... it looks so adorable in pics, and I REALLY love the shoes!!!