Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

It's kimono time!

baldylox
These are beautiful! I think, though, that my favorite is Mashiro's. The purple obi with the Sakura blooms is so cute! But the first two are lovely as well, and that blue one is such a lovely color... Oh now I can't decide which I like best! Very pretty girls in pretty kimonos, thank you for sharing!

Thank you very much! I have a hard time deciding which kimono I like best too. I like all of them but the dragon ones especially look cool to me.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

finnleo

Very nice looking squad.

The velcro obis seem also nicely done, and took a closer look to notice.

I think the short hemmed one is automatically a yukata due to the very non formal style.

(I still find the whole terminology for the traditional japanese gown quite confusing, despite efforts into reading where a Yukata turns into a kimono, and once in kimono territory the different categories for them too..)

hermm... reminds me I still have a few ladies left myself to make me bathrobes to.. heh.

baldylox
Very nice looking squad. The velcro obis seem also nicely done, and took a closer look to notice.

Thank you! Having those obi setup as velcro attached makes it soooo much easier to deal with.

I think the short hemmed one is automatically a yukata due to the very non formal style.

(I still find the whole terminology for the traditional japanese gown quite confusing, despite efforts into reading where a Yukata turns into a kimono, and once in kimono territory the different categories for them too..)

I want to say that a single layered gown like these is considered a yukata and anything with two layers or more is a kimono. And I think a kimono is supposed to be more elegant and showy while the yukata is designed to be easy to move in with a more simple design and fabric. I also think the sleeve lengths make a difference too..... but I am also not positive on this so I just call all these gowns kimonos to keep things easy.

hermm... reminds me I still have a few ladies left myself to make me bathrobes to.. heh.

Heh, I really liked the white one you had for your Feena, that style and coloring/pattern is very similar to what I need for Sprout. She is the last girl of mine that needs a yukata/kimono and she won't wear it unless it's mostly white. Designs, flowers, animals etc are fine on it as long as they aren't super colorful or big. That girl is soooo picky sometimes! LOL One of these days I'll find her a nice one to finish up my crew!

Billy

eldritchhumanoid
Heh, I really liked the white one you had for your Feena, that style and coloring/pattern is very similar to what I need for Sprout. She is the last girl of mine that needs a yukata/kimono and she won't wear it unless it's mostly white. Designs, flowers, animals etc are fine on it as long as they aren't super colorful or big. That girl is soooo picky sometimes! LOL One of these days I'll find her a nice one to finish up my crew!

Billy

Sprout just happens to have a fan girl in my household that is insisting we help make it a reality. She just wants to know. . . would Sprout prefer a long or short version?

Also the thought of Sprout in a white kimono. . . Cuteness overload!

baldylox
Sprout just happens to have a fan girl in my household that is insisting we help make it a reality. She just wants to know. . . would Sprout prefer a long or short version?

Wait..... what? Am I reading what I think I'm reading? Is your "fan girl" saying she wants to help get Sprout a kimomo/yukata? If so.... I'm super flattered that you/she would offer such a thing! Since you asked, Sprout is into longer style dresses more than skirts so I'm pretty sure she likes the longer kimonos over the short versions.

Are you sure about this? Really? I don't know what to say about this other than I'm seriously flabbergasted. Maybe PM me with details so I'm not thinking something different from what you're saying? LOL

Also the thought of Sprout in a white kimono. . . Cuteness overload!

I'll have to agree with you there! I know she would look divine in a white based kimono.

Billy

PS. If you're serious about the kimono bit, I'll have to make sure your fan-girl gets some nice stuff from Sprout as a thank you. Maybe some autographed photos of her? LOL

kymaera

They all look great. Nice small details on each of them as well.

baldylox
They all look great. Nice small details on each of them as well.

Thank you sir!

Billy

littlebearries

Now that the girls mention it... I am kind of shocked every photo story from your house doesn't have a trace or two of blood drops in it... ooooh the nosebleeds!

Those are fantastic kimono! I want one for each of my girls too.

So... do you only have 4 kimono total? If yes, that's a long way to go yet, LOL, if no... how many do you have?

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

baldylox
Now that the girls mention it... I am kind of shocked every photo story from your house doesn't have a trace or two of blood drops in it... ooooh the nosebleeds!

Ha ha, I have to line every floor surface with towels when doing photo shoots to minimize blood stains on the carpet. But it cleans up easily off the tile!

Those are fantastic kimono! I want one for each of my girls too.

Thank you very much! I wish Anne was still making these but sadly I think these will be the last ones she makes. She is moving to Florida soon and I'm not sure she will have time to make them anymore.

So... do you only have 4 kimono total? If yes, that's a long way to go yet, LOL, if no... how many do you have?

Nope, these bring the tally up to 11. I still need 3 more to finish the family off. And I have 2 more in a post I just put up.... Saber and Reiko. So now I just need one for Sprout and I will be all done! When I finally find her one, I'll have to do a huge picture with all of them outside and dressed to kill!

Here you can see the first 5 kimonosI got on my first 5 girls.... back when I only had 5 of them!

http://www.figure.fm/post/en/26794/A+day+at+the+park.html

Then I got 2 more for Mamimi and Ryomou. Those were the last ones I got before the ones I showed here.

http://www.figure.fm/post/en/28552/New+kimonos+from+Anne.html

I really love the dragon one on Ryomou, it suits her well.

Billy

Ravendruid

Really looking forward to the big group picture! Hopefully Sprout's comes along soon. Just hope it doesn't cost you too much in bribes to get everybody all together at the same time, and holding still/behaving long enough to get the picture.

Daddy of: Yuriko, Sohi, Miku and SK's many kids

12437295384_b307eb5ce8.jpg

Keijogirl

Those are all beautiful kimono. Your girls look great in them! This is really making me want to make some for my dolls. x.x

At Home: Kiyo, Hikaru , Nikko, Komaki, Miho, Kana-chan, Tamakits, Illya, Misa, Deku, Nao, Zana, Ciri, Aki, Alisa, Kana, Yuka, Kiki, Komaki (Oni Mode), Ai, Chili, NagisaDDh03Erica, Miyabi, Jun,  Haruka, Sasha, and Laila

Saving for: Accessories! Clothes! Shoes! The Works!

baldylox
Really looking forward to the big group picture! Hopefully Sprout's comes along soon. Just hope it doesn't cost you too much in bribes to get everybody all together at the same time, and holding still/behaving long enough to get the picture.

Actually something is in the works for Sprout as we speak! I'm not positive on how soon I'll see it or what exactly it will look like but I'm sure she will love it.

I think with the right amount of bribery I can make that happen. Or I can just bribe Rei and she will make sure things go well..... or well enuff.

Those are all beautiful kimono. Your girls look great in them! This is really making me want to make some for my dolls. x.x

Thank you very much! You should get on those for sure. When you come over for the Halloween meet, I'll let you look at these up close and get ideas for patterns and such.

Billy