Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Anouc

system cameras

Averis
Quite an impressive showing by the NEX-5N in those shots. I'm curious as to what lenses were used for each camera for those shots.

It doesn't say. Guess we could ask the author.

I did my own little test between my two cameras and noticed some interesting things. Both with the kit lenses and AWB -- The NEX was sharper in the center and blurrier on the edges while the Canon was soft from center to edge. But that's kit lenses for you. There are some great cheap primes available for both. I have a 50mm for the NEX already. I think the NEX was much closer to the mark in AWB than the Canon, which leans way too much into yellow/red. The NEX is a little bit green, though. Of course that can be fixed a bit in post or with some shifting in the camera (or better yet, using custom WB).

When the images are reduced in size you can hardly tell the difference in the end. I'm pretty happy with the NEX, though. After using it for a while, it seems much more forgiving than my Canon was. I'm no professional, so that's a plus for me.

t1i_5n.jpg

Kumi
Personally I like the new Panasonic f/2.8 zooms, 12-35 & 35-100. They're almost exactly the size and weight of Canon's kit 18-55 and 55-250!

And together they're almost exactly the price of Yuki Morikawa, too, if not a little more

lthough comparing the M.Zuiko 45mm f1.8 (90mm equivalent) to a 50mm f1.8 isn't quite an equal comparison.

On 550D 50mm f1.8 is an 80 equivalent, almost the same.

And both are quality glass in plastic case, with the same aperture.

RaveOfNightmares
Quite an impressive showing by the NEX-5N in those shots. I'm curious as to what lenses were used for each camera for those shots.

It doesn't say. Guess we could ask the author.

I did my own little test between my two cameras and noticed some interesting things. Both with the kit lenses and AWB -- The NEX was sharper in the center and blurrier on the edges while the Canon was soft from center to edge. But that's kit lenses for you. There are some great cheap primes available for both. I have a 50mm for the NEX already. I think the NEX was much closer to the mark in AWB than the Canon, which leans way too much into yellow/red. The NEX is a little bit green, though. Of course that can be fixed a bit in post or with some shifting in the camera (or better yet, using custom WB).

When the images are reduced in size you can hardly tell the difference in the end. I'm pretty happy with the NEX, though. After using it for a while, it seems much more forgiving than my Canon was. I'm no professional, so that's a plus for me.

t1i_5n.jpg

Nice comparison shots there. I'm half curious to try this with my cameras, but I do not have comparable lenses for them.

Personally I like the new Panasonic f/2.8 zooms, 12-35 & 35-100. They're almost exactly the size and weight of Canon's kit 18-55 and 55-250!

And together they're almost exactly the price of Yuki Morikawa, too, if not a little more

lthough comparing the M.Zuiko 45mm f1.8 (90mm equivalent) to a 50mm f1.8 isn't quite an equal comparison.

On 550D 50mm f1.8 is an 80 equivalent, almost the same.

And both are quality glass in plastic case, with the same aperture.

Good point. I didn't realize that Canon's 50mm f1.8 was an APS lens too, on top of forgetting their wierd 1.6 crop. Thanks for pointing that out.

21 DD girls: Mio, Marina, Yui, Yoko, Nia, Lily, Arisu, Akina, Momo, Arisa, Yukina, Ayaka, Niimi, Eri, Millefeuille, Ekisu, Chitose, Miyabi, KOS-MOS v.4, Hatsune Miku and God Eater Alisa. 2B in a hopeful future.

AntElitist

Don't forget the logic of the expensive lens *I meant by RED RING and N Label* have some amazing MTF graph!

Kit lens have poor MTF graph so that explains their "blur" starting from the start.

In my opinion, Sony NEX is one of the most amazing camera ever. So amazing that Hasselblad repackage their NEX 7 to a luxurious one, and develop an E-mount lens for Sony NEX.

That's how amazing NEX is.

RaveOfNightmares
Don't forget the logic of the expensive lens *I meant by RED RING and N Label* have some amazing MTF graph!

Kit lens have poor MTF graph so that explains their "blur" starting from the start.

In my opinion, Sony NEX is one of the most amazing camera ever. So amazing that Hasselblad repackage their NEX 7 to a luxurious one, and develop an E-mount lens for Sony NEX.

That's how amazing NEX is.

Hasselblad is also designing a luxurious repackage of something that resembles the coming SLT-A99 as well.

Gotta love that the best Sony lenses just have the little blue "Zeiss" emblem on them instead of some fancy crap, along with having better MTF graphs than any of the competitors' so called "equivalents", and at a lower price point to boot. Zeiss + Autofocus = delicious.

I can't wait for the Spring 2013 release of the 50mm f/1.4 ZA SSM.

21 DD girls: Mio, Marina, Yui, Yoko, Nia, Lily, Arisu, Akina, Momo, Arisa, Yukina, Ayaka, Niimi, Eri, Millefeuille, Ekisu, Chitose, Miyabi, KOS-MOS v.4, Hatsune Miku and God Eater Alisa. 2B in a hopeful future.