Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
PlasticFantastic

My Unexpected Hiatus

PlasticFantastic

Hi everyone!

I don't know if ya'll noticed or not but I sort of disappeared for the last two weeks. ^^;

It wasn't exactly by choice, but I thought I'd fill everyone in since I consider a lot of you on here my friends and I know some users (Alphakitty and NakitaNinja~) have been a bit worried.

On Thursday May 5th I was hit by a driver running a red light.

Thankfully I was in my car and she stopped the attempted assassination of both myself and my fiance. While we came away fine (although very sore) my dear car was not so lucky... I'll have to post some photos once I take a couple good ones but we were t-boned which is pretty much the worst kind of accident to get into. I had the presence of mind to accelerate as I realised what was about to happen so the rear of my car took the brunt of the force and my car was able to pivot - this is probably what saved my fiance from serious injury and possible death.

I'm in the process of sorting out everything in the aftermath - from the insurance to getting a new vehicle - and things are starting to settle back in to normal. I should have my new(er) car by the end of this week! I will post pictures of it as well once it's here!

I also hope to upload some lovely photos I took of Elle at the park while the Sakura were in bloom maybe this weekend.

I'm going to attempt to sift through some of the newer magic here on the forum since my last visit. I'm really digging the header images of everyone's DDs!

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

Alphakitty

I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAAAAAAD!

Just kidding, but I was worried! Glad to see you are in one piece, and coincidentally it looks like we started up the Off-Topic section just in time!

ps you should totally post in "New Arrivals" when Pepper gets here.

DD Family: Mari, Saber Lily, Marisa, Soniko, Noumi, Kirino, Kuroneko, Sakura (DD Sakuno), Aerie, Akira, Kiki, Koko, Rose (DDS Mariko), Kureha, Ryoko, Lucy, Haruka, Rise, Extra & Alter!

PlasticFantastic
I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAAAAAAD!

Just kidding, but I was worried! Glad to see you are in one piece, and coincidentally it looks like we started up the Off-Topic section just in time!

ps you should totally post in "New Arrivals" when Pepper gets here.

Done and done!

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

OtakuDepot

Wow, I'm so glad to hear you and your fiance are alright. The loss of the car, while stressful and I'm sure will cause a lot of headaches over the next few months, is nothing at all compared to what could of happened.

I'm a pretty safe driver but what I hate is no matter how good you are it doesn't prevent you from being the target of some other jack a$$. (figured I'd censor myself) It's great that you saw what was going to happen and were able to accelerate like you did.

Good Job!

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Averis

I was in an accident many years ago. It's something you never forget. I'm glad you walked away okay. Hope you get a nice new ride soon.

scripple

Welcome back. Glad to hear that you and your fiance are safe. Nice job on the quick thinking and reaction.

Dancing Queen

oh my! WEll it's sucks to hear about your car but glad to hear you're alright! Car accidents are the worse, it's stress and so much that no one should have to deal with if everyone just learned how to drive! GAH! But yes, i'm so glad to hear you're alright, that's the most important part! Also great job with the quick thinking!

I had to do the same once when i spun out in the middle of the freeway, i swerved to avoid hitting a huge dog and ended up spinning uncontrollably in the freeway, i gut reaction jerked the steering wheel the other way and got the car to stop spinning but ended up sideways in the middle of a busy freeway, i looked to my left and saw a car coming straight at me, and without thinking i put the car in reverse and moved to the shoulder in a matter of 2 seconds. If not i don't know if I'd be here today. GAH I hate car accidents!

5629348191_a7863701cb_o.jpg

AXSig.png

My Site www.Howagirlfigures.com Please check it out for figure reviews, and more Yoko pictures!

PlasticFantastic

Thanks everyone for the kind words ^_^

I'm a pretty safe driver but what I hate is no matter how good you are it doesn't prevent you from being the target of some other jack a$$. (figured I'd censor myself)

This is soooo true. There's only so much we can do as drivers, but that can all change in a few seconds when someone isn't paying any attention. It's frustrating that my whole routine and life has been turned on its head because of someone else's negligence.

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

mitsuki

I am glad you and your fiance are OK! I hope you can get your life back to normal as quickly as possible.

baldylox
I am glad you and your fiance are OK! I hope you can get your life back to normal as quickly as possible.

Ditto! Funny how our small "knee jerk" reactions can get us out of more trouble than we think.

And yes, we need pics! Old car in good shape, crashed car and new car pics should suffice...

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

PlasticFantastic
Ditto! Funny how our small "knee jerk" reactions can get us out of more trouble than we think.

And yes, we need pics! Old car in good shape, crashed car and new car pics should suffice...

Billy

I will do this! I'm looking forward to getting everything back to normal. What a big ol' mess of red tape and paperwork!

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Halcyon

I'm sorry to hear about your car. Thankfully you are getting a new(er) one, right? Well, what happened... happened. I'm glad that you and your fiance are okay and kicking after the accident. Hope you two get better soon. Don't forget to have plenty of rest! You two really need to go to a vacation!

DD 娘 - Dollfie Dream® Daughters

{1} : DDS [ユ-ピィ] - Euphie

di-chan123

I'm so sorry to hear about your accident! T-T they can be so scary!

But I'm glad to hear that you and your fiance are safe, so both of you just take it easy!

PlasticFantastic
I'm sorry to hear about your car. Thankfully you are getting a new(er) one, right? Well, what happened... happened. I'm glad that you and your fiance are okay and kicking after the accident. Hope you two get better soon. Don't forget to have plenty of rest! You two really need to go to a vacation!

Thankfully we had already taken time off from the 26th to the 31st as vacation! ^_^

I'm so sorry to hear about your accident! T-T they can be so scary!

But I'm glad to hear that you and your fiance are safe, so both of you just take it easy!

I plan on taking full advantage of this long weekend to REST.

DDForum-Signature3.jpg