The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Singer Yuna

Yuna starts trying the DIY stuff for Rise.

Singer Yuna

I'm already buying a cheap sewing machine (which is planned to come next month) but I have one big question... is DOA forum full of doll patterns as I think or not? I don't have an invite and I always thought that being there was useless... but if they have doll patterns that I can't find in another place is worth a shot... so... anyone invites me to DOA forum?

Also, another question... after seeing Annalise wearing smaller eyes than 20mm made me buy a pair of Coolcat eyes at 16mm

8115841411_4f51e67140_o.jpg

I still see them big... so my question... should I buy a 14mm pair or it will come off her holes? xDD I don't own a 14mm pair and maybe nor you, but I wanted to try ^^

Ah, also I bought a pair of DIY eyes but I still haven't find time for photoshopping original designs for them.

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

Jezrah

May I ask what it is about those eyes that you are unhappy with? Personally I think the placement may be just a tad off, but otherwise they are very pretty. Or more specifically, why do you want to get smaller eyes?

As for DoA, there are several tutorials that are easy to follow and are usable on any size doll. I have used several myself. So if you want an invite, you can pm me your email address, and I can send you an invite.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Kumi

They're - imho - just right.

Smaller would be too small and You will see the white around the iris and that's not good look.

But maybe You should slightly change the position - more to center and up.

Upper lid should cover the iris a little. She should look more focused and less startled

Singer Yuna

@Jezrah I appreciate it a lot! I'm in the waiting casting after the code invitation, but I hope to be more active soon!

They're - imho - just right.

Smaller would be too small and You will see the white around the iris and that's not good look.

But maybe You should slightly change the position - more to center and up.

Upper lid should cover the iris a little. She should look more focused and less startled

Maybe is that, I should put her looking into my eye and start moving the eye until it feels natural.

The problem I see is that I want it more humanish with more white in the eyes, but is true that I can do a mess with white up her iris so maybe 14mm is not a good idea. Well, I will try changing her position wisely.

16mm eyes are very beauty indeed ^^

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

Coffee

You could always try having her looking sideways.

I usually put my dolls eyes like that when I feel their eyes look weirdly placed.

Mina - DDS Millhi, Lucy - DDS Melty, Sammy - DDII Sakuno, Ellie - MDD DDH-01, Niki - MDD Mayu, Sasha - DDIII Miku

jadepixel

There are a lot of SD-size patterns on DoA and online that should fit Rise pretty well, since she's S-bust. I also have a couple on my website although the instructions assume you have a bit of sewing experience. Some of those patterns are posted here as well

DJStarstryker
I think 16mm size is about as small as I would go with Rise's head.

Try re-positioning the eyes a little to see what happens

Judging from the pics, agreed. They look great to me, I just think they need to be adjusted to a different spot.

20mm also seems to be about as big as you'd want for Rise. I have some 22mm from Twin Snow that I had hoped would work, but they're way too big. I'm having to wait for 20mm eyes from another online store for my Rise.

Are you ready to rock? ^_^

Yukamina

I think 14mm would be kinda small... have you tried having her look slightly to the side or upwards? That usually helps give BJDs expression, and it would show her eye whites a little more whereas too small eyes can end up making her look wide eyed/scared/angry/evil.