MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Keats

Den of Angels invite

Keats

Anybody, please?

Why is it invite only?

archangeli

They made registration public for a while, but then restricted it again.

I think it's to prevent scammers from getting marketplace access, since their rules are so strict.

I'll be honest - you're new to this forum and don't have many posts. If you'd like a DoA invitation stick around, post and bit. No one is going to jeopardize their own DoA account by sending invitations to strangers.

(Sorry if this comes across mean. I'm not trying to be mean at all, just explaining thing. )

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

Keats

I think it's to prevent scammers from getting marketplace access, since their rules are so strict.

I'll be honest - you're new to this forum and don't have many posts. If you'd like a DoA invitation stick around, post and bit. No one is going to jeopardize their own DoA account by sending invitations to strangers.

(Sorry if this comes across mean. I'm not trying to be mean at all, just explaining thing. )

It does come across mean and elitist, and it does make me feel as if I'm a bad guy. I have to prove that I'm not completely evil by waiting until the community feels that I have waited long enough. It's like jail for good guys. Brave New World etc etc.

But nevermind, mods please feel free to remove this whole thread.

DJStarstryker

It does come across mean and elitist, and it does make me feel as if I'm a bad guy. I have to prove that I'm not completely evil by waiting until the community feels that I have waited long enough. It's like jail for good guys. Brave New World etc etc.

That's just how DoA is. Their rules are quite strict. They have an incredibly long list of rules, and even a minor infraction for some obscure rule can get you a temporary or permanent ban.

If you're only into Dollfie Dreams, it's not that worth having an account there. There's only 1 thread where you are allowed to discuss DDs outside of the marketplace. And in the marketplace, there isn't much DD-related stuff to buy. IMO, it's only worth trying to get there if you like resins.

Are you ready to rock? ^_^

Keats

That's just how DoA is. Their rules are quite strict. They have an incredibly long list of rules, and even a minor infraction for some obscure rule can get you a temporary or permanent ban.

If you're only into Dollfie Dreams, it's not that worth having an account there. There's only 1 thread where you are allowed to discuss DDs outside of the marketplace. And in the marketplace, there isn't much DD-related stuff to buy. IMO, it's only worth trying to get there if you like resins.

Yea that's why I kinda gave up on it. I saw some stuff from china that I would like to order and I was interested in their group orders, that's why I wanted to check it out. I guess you need hundreds of posts before you even get access to their marketplace so that's no go anyway. I saw some stuff from Happy Camille that I like, so that's why...

I just get really ticked off by mods and places that normal people can't go, just because some pigs feel more equal than others.

Kumi

You're making it more than it really is.

"People who don't know any community members may email membership@denofangels.com to request an invitation."

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/faq.php?faq=generalquestions#faq_invite

It's more to prevent from bots spamming forums, if the registration were totally unlimited.

And DoA marketplace access is not that hard to reach, especially only for buying things.

Limited Marketplace Access – Users who have been members for 25 days AND made 40 posts belong to this group

(For selling the mark is of course higher).

blackmercury

i can give some invites to DOA

At home: Natali [1/3 BJD from Doll-Love] Aya [DD Natsuki 2nd ver.] Ami [DD Moe ver.1] Miho [DDH-06 pre-painted + DDS body], Haruka [DDH-07 pre-painted + DD2 body]

Sorry for my bad english ^_^

Keats

Thanks guy (girls?), I kind of overreated at first. I'm a rebel like that I do not do well with any kind of authority

I got the invite, and am now waiting to be registered!

Thanks again!

SakuraSylph
"People who don't know any community members may email membership@denofangels.com to request an invitation."

No, DoA lies! They have that on the FAQ to make people feel good, but I have a feeling that address just goes to /dev/null. Emails sent there are never answered; they just get sucked into a black hole. You really do need to get an invite from someone.

That's OK though, since you're not missing much content by not being there if Dollfie Dream is your primary doll interest.

I used to be there, but gave up on them after getting tired of watching the absurd decisions that DoA staff would make. Unless something has changed in the last half a year, it's not worth the heartache. Just so you know in advance what you're getting into if you do try to join...

SakuraSylph

Keats

Well they haven't accepted my registration anyway, and I have to say I quite like this forum! You guys are nice, they layout is simple yet very user friendly, and there's lots of information!

Yukamina

A lot of people complain about DOA, but I haven't had negative experiences there... People seem friendly and open to me, I don't see the drama.

It's a great place with tons of resources. But maybe not much point unless you like resin BJDs? Though if you wanna do crafty stuff, there's lots of help with that.

archangeli

FYI: DoA is under maintenance until Nov 7th (according to their site), but I think they are opening up registration to the public up until the end of November once the forum is back up.

Keep an eye on their announcement section.

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

PerlaNemesis
A lot of people complain about DOA, but I haven't had negative experiences there... People seem friendly and open to me, I don't see the drama.

It's a great place with tons of resources. But maybe not much point unless you like resin BJDs? Though if you wanna do crafty stuff, there's lots of help with that.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. Besides, I got my Obitsu girl there, so it's definitely not as bad as some people say. ^^

DD family: Miyuki (DDH-03+Obi50), Saber (Alter v2 on DDIII + L bust)

Nelly19

Can I get am invite for DOA Please?

Learning that its safe outside my shell too

Error-Chan
You're making it more than it really is.

It's more to prevent from bots spamming forums, if the registration were totally unlimited.

And DoA marketplace access is not that hard to reach, especially only for buying things.

Limited Marketplace Access – Users who have been members for 25 days AND made 40 posts belong to this group

(For selling the mark is of course higher).

^ this says everything you need =) ^

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

Nelly19

Thank you erro was too lazy to read haha

Learning that its safe outside my shell too

lingling

I almost wanted to ask if someone could help me by sending me an invitation for DOA forum. However since there are not much stuffs about DD in there,i guess i could forget about getting in

Cauldroness

There's one general thread for DDs, but that's true for all doll types. There's only one general Soom Rosette thread, there's only one general Feeple thread, there's only one general IpleHouse EID thread, and on and on and on. It's not like DDs are being limited in a way that no other doll is -- they just have the exact same restrictions as all other dolls.

DD owners CAN:

+ Discuss DDs in all General Discussion threads, which includes topics such as "Have you ever renamed a doll?" "Doll Plans for 2013" and "How long since you last bought a doll?"

+ Discuss DDs in the "Volks Waiting Room" thread in the "Waiting Rooms" section

+ Post and discuss DDs in the "Box Opening/Arrival Gallery" section

+ Post DDs in the "Sweet Dollfie Dreams (Database for Volks Dollfie Dream dolls)" thread

+ Discuss their DD collection in your "Introduction" post

+ Discuss DDs in "Newbieland" threads

+ Use DDs to participate in "BJD Games" threads

+ Participate in all Workshop sections: "Visual Concepts," "Customization & Maintenance," "Sewing & Crafting," "Project Journals," and "Photography"

+ Post DDs to the "Galleries" and "Photostories" sections

+ PLUS buy, sell, trade, and group order DDs and their eyes, clothes, parts, and accessories in the Marketplace (once Marketplace access is granted)

There are literally thousands of threads you can participate in if you want to. Thousands.

I think the bigger complaint is really that DD owners don't feel like they get a lot of attention on DoA, but you know what? Almost everyone who likes one of the "less popular" companies feels that way. It's a HUGE forum. It's very easy to get lost. I owned resin for YEARS before I ever had a DD, and I got as much attention with my resin girls as I do with my DD girls.

In general, people who like Soom dolls will reply to posts about Soom dolls. People who like Little Monica dolls will reply to posts about Little Monica dolls. And people who like DDs will the primary people responding to posts about DDs. If posts about DDs aren't getting a lot of attention, that's because there aren't enough DD hobbyists on DoA to respond.

So really? When we actively discourage other DD hobbyists from joining DoA, we are the ones responsible for the "unfriendliness" of DoA.

And now I'm going to get off my soapbox.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

bunny98

sorry for posting in a old topic... i've been wanting a DoA account for quite some time now, but never have the guts to ask someone for a invitation can anyone give me a invitation to DoA, please?

Opaline

Me too, Can I get am invite for DOA Please?

I would really like to participate in this forum seems to be a gold mine for fans of dd.

Lucy Harper

I have been a member there since 2008 and only just got marketplace access about a month ago. Honestly unless you are into resin there is no point joining there if you are only interested in Dollfie dream. I think it is an amazing resource but the drama just makes me mad. I read on there that someone likened having bootleg dolls to being on a level of rapist or child abuser.... As someone who has done acute crisis work for women here in UK I just got up from my desk and thought wow! No perspective.... I am into dolls because they are pure fantasy and took me away from the stress and sadness of working in that field.

I use Flickr the most but have had good experiences using the marketplace since gaining access. Found my dream Unoa The market place there obviously pops up with limited volks outfits at times but mainly I have seen the same things advertised on Flickr/ FigureFM. Dollfie dreams is awesome this forum is like a whole new world. I used to think I knew dolls! until I got here - Dollfiedreams - Sensei!

Choppi

((EDIT: got invited, thanks so much!! ))

The sculpts in my family:

Beatrice, Rise, Komaki, Lucy, Etheldreda, Konomi, Maria, Nia, Erica, Melty, Rin T., Millhiore, Sheryl, Yoko, DDH-01, DDH-04, DDH-05, DDH-10

Kitsune

I'm thinking about getting a resin doll, but I have no idea how to take properly care of them. That they're strung seems so intimidating as I have to idea how I could fix it if anything happened with them x.x'

I hope it's a good idea to register at DoA to read about resin dolls before actually owning one.

I hope I'm not bothering but if somebody had a spare invitation could he/she please invite me? :3

Amber
I'm thinking about getting a resin doll, but I have no idea how to take properly care of them. That they're strung seems so intimidating as I have to idea how I could fix it if anything happened with them x.x'

I hope it's a good idea to register at DoA to read about resin dolls before actually owning one.

I hope I'm not bothering but if somebody had a spare invitation could he/she please invite me? :3

Sent you a PM.

For future reference: I can send anyone an invitation... Just PM me with your e-mail address

Kitsune
Sent you a PM.

For future reference: I can send anyone an invitation... Just PM me with your e-mail address

Thanks again x3 That was really quick! xD