Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

djgamer

Golden Armor

djgamer

So, I'm starting to get the things together that I need. I know I'm needing gold colored Rub'n Buff for one thing. My question is: Do I need to seal it? Will it bleed into the doll's skin if I don't? I'm going for better safe than sorry on that aspect. What is a good paint sealant that won't kill the sheen of the Rub'n Buff?

This is the first project of this scale I have ever worked on, so I'm kinda a n00b at this point. I do however have a knack for crafty type stuff in the past.

I'm also thinking of making a DD mold, so I don't have to use the actual body to mold the foam around.

In the end, I plan on making:

1 chest plate

1 back plate

2 bracers

2 pauldrons

1 skirt w/ tassets

2 armor boots

1 armor cape

1 helm (last and may be skipped in the end)

I know it's alot of work and I expect to put alot of work into this project. Kimberly is already jumping up and down in excitement as I post this. XD

Proud captain of two lovely squires, Kimberly and Airana

Shaipnoy99

I suggest getting in contact with one of the members here, archangeli. I remember stumbling across her KOS-MOS project that required crafting armor, painting and such. She may be able to give you some advice.

Bloodflower

I would always seal painted crafts, to protect both the colour and other things that may be stained by the colour. I've seen recommendations for Future No-Wax Acrylic floor polish as a sealant with rub'n'buff before but never tried it myself and it was for crafting foam(the Future polish didn't make the crafting foam hard and unflexible).

Corellia(DD Marya), Sirius(DDS Sirius), Luka(DDdy OOB N-04), Alessa(DDdy Sakura Honya Head) Genma(Azone Kanojo)

djgamer

Alright, so here I go. I've got all the stuff needed to make it and I've started off alright, now come the hard part, how do I fit it around her chest? Kimberly is a DDdy and it's proving to be a difficult task trying to find a way to form the foam around her um... ample assets. This is what I had originally planed on going with.

8364725007_7b2b57212e.jpg

8364725339_bfd11b7efd.jpg

As soon as I can find a workaround for her bust, I'll be in good shape.

djgamer

Hmm... hadn't really considered clay. Sitting here snipping and tapping the foam, that may be the course I end up going with. XD This stuff is really working my nerves. At least for the chest piece.

SchroedingersCat

Have you considered using plasticard? You can cut it into the shape you need and then heat it over a candle to curve it. It won't work for the breastplate, but the other sections could work.

Another thing you might be able to try is what modellers call "green stuff". It's basically a hard setting putty that can be sculpted and takes paint really well.

Now with +/- 15% more uncertainty!

djgamer

Clay was next option. I was debating that from the start. I plan on trying to heat form the foam before I change directions though using a hair dryer. It that still won't cut it, I'm moving on to clay.