Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
baldylox

DD jewelry, where can you get it?

baldylox

As it sits, I only have 2 necklaces for my girls. One I got for free at a doll meetup and the other I bought off the classifieds over on Figure.fm. I really like the look of them on my girls and was wondering if anyone had any insights on where else you can get DD sized jewelry that won't be super expensive besides Ebay.

Would you think one of those Claire's places in the mall that does girly stuff like ear piercings and hair stuff have something that might work? I'm not looking to be spending loads of money on these by any means. I haven't been in a mall in ages so I am not sure what that type place may have. I just wondered if they may have some bracelets that could work as a necklace or could be modified to be one.

I know Jessicas Nightfall site has some bracelets for DD's but I was more interested in necklaces. Any ideas for some cool goodies?

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

mitsuki

You can't have three daughters and only two necklaces.

I wonder if bracelets would work. You can also find some inexpensive chain bracelets, get charms (for necklaces or cellphones), and add the charm to the bracelet to make a necklace. I think I have seen components like that even at Wal-Mart. It would be cheapest to find just the charms, but there could also be inexpensive necklaces that can be charm donors.

Averis

I bought a couple of necklaces for my resin girl (same size) off one of my favorite sites to buy clothes, dollmore.net

Go under "doll accessories" and then there's several pages of necklaces in their own category under that.

baldylox
You can't have three daughters and only two necklaces.

Damn skippy! I think Rei is a bit miffed that Yoko and Manami both have necklaces and she doesn't. So I have to do *something* soon or I know I'll wind up paying for it.

I wonder if bracelets would work. You can also find some inexpensive chain bracelets, get charms (for necklaces or cellphones), and add the charm to the bracelet to make a necklace. I think I have seen components like that even at Wal-Mart. It would be cheapest to find just the charms, but there could also be inexpensive necklaces that can be charm donors.

I'll be hitting Wally World this weekend so I'll check around and see what they have that might work, good idea!

Billy

baldylox
I bought a couple of necklaces for my resin girl (same size) off one of my favorite sites to buy clothes, dollmore.net

Go under "doll accessories" and then there's several pages of necklaces in their own category under that.

Hey thanks! I'll check them out when I get home as my work computer is not liking that website. My work computer thinks the dumbest things are Pr0n related so it won't go to lots of sites that are completely harmless.....

Billy

Averis

Hey thanks! I'll check them out when I get home as my work computer is not liking that website. My work computer thinks the dumbest things are Pr0n related so it won't go to lots of sites that are completely harmless.....

Billy

Hehe. It's not pr0n, but a good doll site. Though, they don't sell anything specifically for dollfies, they have a wide selection and are pretty cheap. I've spent a lot there.

TheWhiteRabbit

I think using jewelery for humans is definitely your best bet.

find some dangley type earrings with parts you like. Walmart, and other stores that carry accessories should have a great selection (might even get some holiday ones this time of year!)

Buy some really cheap chain of your preference and just cut the links at the proper length. Add the earring charm and presto! dollfie sizede necklace!

I have also found some really nice charms and chains at Micheal's crafts, might be worth looking if there is one in your area.

that's just me 2cents

Follow me on Twitter :)https://twitter.com/WhiteRabbit887

baldylox
I think using jewelery for humans is definitely your best bet.

find some dangley type earrings with parts you like. Walmart, and other stores that carry accessories should have a great selection (might even get some holiday ones this time of year!)

Buy some really cheap chain of your preference and just cut the links at the proper length. Add the earring charm and presto! dollfie sizede necklace!

I have also found some really nice charms and chains at Micheal's crafts, might be worth looking if there is one in your area.

that's just me 2cents

Excellent ideas! I am actually stopping by the ONLY Micheals in my area on Friday to see what kind of stuff they may have. I'll make sure to check on this type stuff too. I'll hit Wally World on Saturday as I need other things from there anyways. If I find anything cool, I'll be sure to share here!

Billy

baldylox

Well, I went by Micheals and AC Moores on Friday. And my wallet now hates me again.

These two stores were really cool and I grabbed a bunch of goodies from them both. But I made sure to get quite a few neat things from the jewelry aisles. I'll be making some stuff this weekend so hopefully by Sunday, I'll have some cool necklaces to show yall!

Here's a quick loot shot from both stores:

5230381108_3d7cccd7a0_z.jpg

Will update soon!

Billy

TheWhiteRabbit

I'm glad you found some cool stuff at Micheal's (I spends far to much money there >.>)

Can't wait to see what lovely accessories your girls are getting this holiday season

Follow me on Twitter :)https://twitter.com/WhiteRabbit887

baldylox

Well, I made a post about my jewelry exploits over on Figurefm if you want to check it out. Otherwise, I'll be posting them up here as well, prolly tonight or tomorrow.

It was fun making the stuff but man did it wear me out. All the focusing on such small parts made my eyes go silly after an hour or so. But things turned out well so I'm really happy with the results.

Billy

PlasticFantastic
My friend was selling some, I made a post about them on my site a while ago with Yoko modeling them, I think she still has some of them up for sale http://www.howagirlfigures.com/2011/01/16/lovely-dollfie-necklaces-yoko-models/

She still has my three favourites up for sale!!! ;_;

I really want them but I shouldn't buy them right now! Make sure to let Mandy know I love her work! I hope she makes some more! ^_^

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

Dancing Queen

I made a few and i'm looking to possibly sell them, I know i can't sell them here but if you're interested let me know and i'll put it up on etsy or something where you can get buyer protection.

5662599793_b4e5b58d64_z.jpg

5663167662_cd9a1e022d.jpg

5663170246_6b4f5d435d_z.jpg

5663172942_88f44318fa_z.jpg

5663175868_071e14cbb4_z.jpg

5663178560_335e0c3bd0_z.jpg

5663181096_a58046f16c_z.jpg

5662616181_fd387eec98_z.jpg

5663184764_9ce633e6bc_z.jpg

5663186544_f8ae019a43_z.jpg

I'm also not sure how much people are willing to pay for each item so what would you be willing to pay for something like this and I'll throw it up on Etsy for those prices.

5629348191_a7863701cb_o.jpg

AXSig.png

My Site www.Howagirlfigures.com Please check it out for figure reviews, and more Yoko pictures!

baldylox

That is one way to make sure your jewelry sells.... show it on a hot model!

Yoko is sure looking good in that top, where did you get that? I like it alot.

As for pricing, I have seen most necklaces going for between $7-$10 each and bracelets at about $5. I'm thinking that sounds about right.

I love the one with 3 red hearts on it, that's so nice!

Billy

mitsuki

I agree with Baldylox. Cute model! I also love that three hearts one.

otakusan

I have a friend locally that hand crafts silver jewellery with swarovski crystals. what type of styles and type of jewellery are you looking for? I know after she saw my DD collections, she was interested in making some jewellery for them, so I recently got her a spare bust so she can size some necklaces. I'll keep you posted on how thing go (^^)

mitsuki

That sounds great, Otakusan. Not that I need more stuff to spend my money on, but I love seeing jewelry on DDs. I love anything blue.

otakusan
That sounds great, Otakusan. Not that I need more stuff to spend my money on, but I love seeing jewelry on DDs. I love anything blue.

Just got spare bust for my friend not too long ago, once she get some necklaces made up I'll sure to put them up and show you all

Dancing Queen

I already posted it on the Market/ Sales Link but i figured since we were talking about it here i'd post it here too, the necklaces i showed earlier and some other new ones are all now on Etsy, http://www.etsy.com/shop/DancingQueenDQ?ref=seller_info please take a look and share!

5629348191_a7863701cb_o.jpg

AXSig.png

My Site www.Howagirlfigures.com Please check it out for figure reviews, and more Yoko pictures!

jadepixel

I used some cheap hoop earrings to make a demi-circlet for my gal-

5724758214_5438dcb683.jpg

They were $1 on sale from Charlotte Russe. With some small pliers and cheap chain and o-rings from Michael's it'd be easy to convert them into a belt or necklace as well

mitsuki

That's a fantastic idea! She looks so beautiful!

baldylox
I used some cheap hoop earrings to make a demi-circlet for my gal-

5724758214_5438dcb683.jpg

They were $1 on sale from Charlotte Russe. With some small pliers and cheap chain and o-rings from Michael's it'd be easy to convert them into a belt or necklace as well

Wow, I really like that look! Very cool idea and well made too!

I need to get back up to Micheals and AC Moores so I can get more pendants. I have 2 new girls to make necklaces for now!

Billy

yeahplayer

Reviving a dead thread, but in case anyone was still looking for some DD jewelry, I'm selling some on Flickr!

DD Jewelry for Sale!