Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
mitsuki

Dollfie Dream Compilation Book

mitsuki

For the 7th Anniversary of DD, Volks is releasing a book with all the Dollfie Dreams released to date from Mirai and Candy all the way up to Saber Lily. There are also makeup tips and information about other DD related items released (I suppose outfits and accessories).

The book will be 2,100 yen and will only be shipped within Japan.

5263854399_cc8462d168.jpg

5224482968_18c7684d9e.jpg

5224482998_9746799883.jpg

Edited by Guest

baldylox

Aw man, that's so cool! I'd love to have one of those! Too bad they won't ship outside Japan. Still, it's a neat piece to release.... maybe it will be available here after a few months or so if we are lucky.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Galvatim

This book does sound really cool! Too bad it's for Japan release only...

Unrelated, I really like that black dress/nekomimi set Volks keeps showing Aoi in...

baldylox
Unrelated, I really like that black dress/nekomimi set Volks keeps showing Aoi in...

Agreed! I'd love to have that for Rei! Actually, I *really* want white kitteh tails for my girls to match the ears I already have. Does anyone know where I could find some or maybe how to make them? I'd just DIE from kawaii overload if my girls could have tails too!

Billy

mitsuki

The kitty ears were sold separately:

http://www.volksusa.com/ofkor120802.html

TnK - DD - Black Lover Set

http://www.volksusa.com/ofkor120804.html

Kitty Ears Headband

I don't know where to find white kitty tails. There were some outfits released with attached kitty tails. Maybe I can trick my friend into sewing some. They look fairly simple to sew. We need a way to attach them, maybe a little belt-like system like Mashiro's tail so it could be used with different outfits. A little wire could be inserted inside to make it poseable.

baldylox
I don't know where to find white kitty tails. There were some outfits released with attached kitty tails. Maybe I can trick my friend into sewing some. They look fairly simple to sew. We need a way to attach them, maybe a little belt-like system like Mashiro's tail so it could be used with different outfits. A little wire could be inserted inside to make it poseable.

"Trick" your friend.... that's priceless!

I would think that having a small wire inside of some white fur ( or whatever color was desired ) attached to a belt would be cool. For long dresses it would be harder to do but I'd think that for an even simpler attachment method, you could have a large, flat piece at the base of the tail that was either covered in fur or in some type thin material that would just tuck into the waist area. Kind of like tucking in a shirt on a skirt or pants. It could just hook onto the skirt,pants, shorts etc at the belt line by having the flat area bend into an upside down "U" shape. Then the rest of the tail could kind of just lay down a bit and be bent using the wire inside.

But I'm rambling now. I'm no seamstress by any means and I can't design stuff like this easily. Give me some metal and wood to work with and I'm fine.

Billy

mitsuki

Volks USA will sell the Dollfie Dream Compilation Book starting Feb. 5th 11am PST for $22.00.

5378748833_846ba3f72c.jpg

example pages

The book will still be in Japanese.

Dollfie Dream Compilation - First Edition

Size: B5, Full Color

Page Count: 122

Language: Japanese

Contents

•Splash Gallery

A compilation of splash photos, from the very first DDs Mirai and Candy, to pictures of the "After School Akihabara Girls" taken just for this book!

•Introducing the 7th Anniversary of Dollfie Dream

Learn the full story of the DD 7th Anniversary event that took place this year!

There's also appearances from all of the DD One-off Models that made their debut at Dolls Party 24!!

•Introducing the DD Character Models

Covering the full line-up from Mirai and Candy all the way up to the newest DD, Saber Lily. ♪

Exclusive information from the DD design team on each and every character has been compiled.

•DD Makeup Lecture

The artist that creates the master DD makeup samples makes their debut as a lecturer!

Reading this will make you want to do makeup, too!

First Edition comes with Bonus Photo!

Price: $22.00

baldylox

Excellent! That makes things a whole lot easier! I'll be sure to pick this up. I do hope they don't limit this to one per customer tho. Do you think that might be the case Mitsuki? I still want to get 2 of these per our deal.

Billy

MsGeek

SWEEET!!!! Good that the book is coming out here. It would be nice if it was translated but probably Volks doesn't have the resources in the US. They certainly have them in JP but Volks in JP does not consider non-Japanese fandom a priority. I'm sure they profit from the fact that there are Americans buying their products, but they really don't give a fat rat's patootie. It's different at Volks USA though...they can see it from ground level: they have an army of American and Canadian customers.

mitsuki
Excellent! That makes things a whole lot easier! I'll be sure to pick this up. I do hope they don't limit this to one per customer tho. Do you think that might be the case Mitsuki? I still want to get 2 of these per our deal.

Billy

It doesn't specifically say so I think you could probably get two. Thank you again!

mitsuki
It would be nice if it was translated but probably Volks doesn't have the resources in the US.

I plan to pretend that it is written intentionally in magical code.

Galvatim

Cool! I'll be looking forward to this book.

Galvatim

I see Volks USA made a blog post about the compilation book yesterday!

http://site.volksusa.com/sumikatimes/2011/01/29/dollfie-dream-compilation/#more-5207

Oh, how I wish this were in english! Maybe it's time to learn Japanese... Sounds like there's quite a bit of interesting articles in here.

There's also another painted head for pre-order by purchasers! This time, of course, its DDH-01. Al-inall, some cool news. I'm definately going after the book. Any thoughts on the carrying bag? I'd like to get something to take Aoi out in.

baldylox

I already preordered 3 books thru Kerby Lane. 2 of them are gifts for friends. I can't wait to see the book even tho I can't read it.

As for the Doll Bag, I have one of the black ones from the last time they sold them and I love it. It's only supposed to carry one DD comfortably but I have used it to carry 3 girls at once. It was a tight fit and I could not use any extra padding in there other than a few hand towels to cover faces with. But it still works well even with 3 DD's inside.

Check thru my posts over at Figurefm and you'll see Manami showing off the bag.

Billy

mitsuki

They describe the contents of the book in the Sumika Times Blog post:

The first part is a Akihabara girls photo shoot done specifically for the book.

Next is a section dedicated to the 7th Anniversary of Dollfie Dream. There are entries from both DD Photo Contests, entries from the competition to design the next After School Akihabara Girl, and data on the Dollfie Dream Sister body.

There is more information about the DD One Offs from Dolpa 24. The blog notes that many different body types were used for the One Offs including the DDdy Natural bust body unique to DDdy Yoko as well as the DDII base body with the Shapely bust.

5401998341_be6ee70960.jpg

Page showing a couple of the seven DD One Offs.

Next are DD Character Model profiles of every DD ever released to date including exclusive information from the DD team in the Doll Design Department on each girl (which most of us won't be able to read).

Then there is a section on DD customization and instructions on how to paint this head:

5402597932_7a1dccc85f.jpg

Next are is a listing all of available DD, MDD, and DDdy standard parts.

The last section allows you to make a 1/3 scale version of the book similar to what they did with the DD Curry boxes.

For those who purchase the book, you will get a bonus 5×7 photo of Natsuki and Moe:

5224482998_9746799883.jpg

Plus, you get the ability to pre-order the Finished DDH-01.

Galvatim

Well, I got my copy today! I'm pretty happy with it. I can't read Japanese, but all the characters' names are in english. I do wish alternate outfits were covered a little better, but they could always use those to shake things up for future editions.

There are instructions on how to make a 1/3 scale version of the book too! A scaled cover is included, but you have to cut it out. I'll probably try scanning it sometime.

baldylox

I also got my two books in today! I sooo want to open one up and check it out! But these are for Nicole and Mitsuki so I have to wait for the one from Kerby Lane to arrive so I can check that one out. That is unless Mitsuki lets me open hers and I'll send her mine when it gets here from KL.

Anyways, thats so cool about making scale versions of the book! I can't wait to do that!

Billy

mitsuki

You can totally open it! We looked at Morikawa-san's. It is a very nice book!

baldylox
You can totally open it! We looked at Morikawa-san's. It is a very nice book!

Are you sure? I didn't want you to have to wait around for yours for long. I'd rather have it sent out next week so you can have it soon. But if you twist my arm, I'll open it and glance around...

Billy

mitsuki

Please look at it. I am very patient. Remember how waiting for the White Album girls took a year from the first announcement to them actually shipping?

MsGeek

And I never got one...drat drat drat.

mitsuki

I scanned the DDH-01 painting tutorial if you are interested MsGeek:

Instructions for painting a DD head 01

baldylox
Please look at it. I am very patient. Remember how waiting for the White Album girls took a year from the first announcement to them actually shipping?

Sorry I'm so late at responding to this, it was a LONG day.

Thank you very much Mitsuki! I will open one up and enjoy it tomorrow as it's too late right now. But I will make sure to enjoy all of it slowly.

And as soon as I get the one from Kerby Lane, I'll send it to you Priority Mail.

Thanks again! I totally forgot about you telling me about the wait for the White Album girls. I would have gone insane waiting that long! I'm way too impatient when it comes to things like that. I still am having spasms about having to wait yet another month or so for the Saber Maid set ( also known as Evil 10 Minute Stain Monster ). I am SO dunking that thing in water/vinegar when it arrives. If I get Rei stained, I'll never hear the end of it. She will try and kill me for sure....

Billy

mitsuki

That sounds great...not the part about the long day, I mean the part about your plan to enjoy the book.

I hope that the maid outfit doesn't cause trouble in the end. At least you have a plan for defeating the outfit. I am sure you are right about Rei trying to kill you if she gets stained.