Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
mitsuki

Happy David Bowie Appreciation Day!

mitsuki

Today is David Bowie's birthday. It is a nice day to appreciate all he has contributed to music, film, and art.

baldylox

Ha ha! Go Bowie! I really like his older music but every time I hear his name, all I can think of is his awesome stint as Jareth in the movie "Labyrinth". He was just too awesome in that! And as proof...

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

PrettyCranium

Thanks for starting this thread, Mitsuki. DB is my current imaginary boyfriend. And today, on his birthday, he gave us an amazing gift:

FIRST NEW ALBUM IN TEN YEARS!!!!!!

To say I am excited is an understatement. The new single is awesome. DB is my most serious obsession, surpassing anime and DDs easily. The last time I counted I had over 260 records, singles, CDs and other recordings. I also recently was able to find and acquire my DB "unicorns," so that's extra awesome.

For those who haven't seen the new video or heard the new track, check out davidbowie.com.

mitsuki

We were celebrating and having cake in the lab. DB has "mythical being" status here. I agree that his first new album in 10 years is the best gift he could give us.

You have an amazing collection, PrettyCranium!

Amara77

Lol mythical being status I love it! Jareth certainly was .... >_<

That's awesome you put this up!

I would like to hear something from the new album!

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

SchroedingersCat

Wow, a new album? Definitely have to check it out. I've been a little bit of a fan of his ever since I first saw Labyrinth as a kid.

Now with +/- 15% more uncertainty!

PrettyCranium

The new album is amazing, though of course I'm biased. But I think it will be a Bowie classic.

I've gotten the regular CD, have ordered the vinyl, and also the Japanese CD which has an extra bonus track.

mitsuki

I totally agree and am probably also biased. It is getting great reviews so the rest of the world might be biased too or that is the natural state of anyone listening to Bowie's amazing work.

Awww The Japanese always get extra tracks. Did you see the post on Twitter about how we can push the album to number one in Germany? I was seriously thinking of asking a friend there to get me a German copy. haha The Japanese copy sounds awesome though. hmmm Maybe the album could use more Japanese sales...

DJStarstryker

^ Did you hear about the David Bowie Cafe that opened up here in Tokyo? It's in Ginza, in the Sony building. It's a temporary thing though, like a lot of stuff in Japan. It's only open for 2 weeks, closing on the 24th of this month.

Here's more info.

Are you ready to rock? ^_^

PrettyCranium
Awww The Japanese always get extra tracks. Did you see the post on Twitter about how we can push the album to number one in Germany? I was seriously thinking of asking a friend there to get me a German copy. haha The Japanese copy sounds awesome though. hmmm Maybe the album could use more Japanese sales...

I gather that the extra track is one of the best Bowie songs yet, so I'm glad I ordered it. It's also in a new format called "Blu Spec" that is supposed to have better audio. I ordered from CDJapan. There's a video floating around on YouTube of someone playing the extra track that I can link for you if you'd like.

Did you hear about the David Bowie Cafe that opened up here in Tokyo? It's in Ginza, in the Sony building. It's a temporary thing though, like a lot of stuff in Japan. It's only open for 2 weeks, closing on the 24th of this month.

Yes, I heard, and I'm horribly sad that I cannot go and visit. Bowie in Japan? Combining my two favorite things? My head would explode from the awesome.

mitsuki

That is amazing! I want to go to the David Bowie Café!!! haha It sounds really cool.

That extra track sounds hard to resist...

mitsuki

Happy David Bowie Appreciation Day 2015!

14306711648_5244f8e237.jpg

14493143925_23d467855b.jpg

The David Bowie Is exhibit, featuring 5 decades of amazing work, will continue its international journal this year with stops in France, the Netherlands, and Australia.

Confirmed venues are:

• Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago, USA from 23 September 2014 - 4 January 2015
    Philharmonie de Paris/ Cité de la Musique, Paris, France from 2 March to 31 May 2015
    Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI), Melbourne, Australia from 16 July to 1 November 2015
    Groninger Museum, Groningen, The Netherlands from 15 December 2015 to 15 March 2016

I wish I had tons of money so I could go to all these places.