Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
scripple

Trimming Leeke Ponytail Wig

scripple

Photo Links Gone.

Edited by Guest

mitsuki

The restyle looks fantastic! You are a talented guy, scripple. Your model is so cute too!

scripple
The restyle looks fantastic! You are a talented guy, scripple. Your model is so cute too!

Thanks, appreciate the vote of confidence.

littlebearries

Oh wow, this is fantastic... whenever I try to trim hairs on a wig, it always ends up looking awful... I'm amazed at what a dramatic difference you made!!!

It looks really awesome.

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

Strife212

That looks a lot tidier

So far my wig trimming has just involved snipping off individual loose hairs that won't go anywhere!

rBP74.png

Dolls: Saber, Saber Alter, Saber Lily, Saber Extra, Saber Alter 2nd,

Aozaki Aoko, Alice Kuonji, Haruhi Suzumiya, Yuki Nagato

baldylox

Yep, a big difference for sure on that wig. Nice idea to take before and after shots too! I trimmed a few hairs on the one I have on Ryomou but using her bangs to cover her closed eye worked better for me than cutting them away. I think I'll take your cue of trimming those side pieces a little tho. I like how yours look being a bit shorter now. The ones on Ryomou are so long they curve in towards her chest and cover up her glorious plushies!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

scripple
Oh wow, this is fantastic... whenever I try to trim hairs on a wig, it always ends up looking awful... I'm amazed at what a dramatic difference you made!!!

It looks really awesome.

Thanks a lot for the complements. You have to be careful cutting wigs as if you make a mistake it's not going to grow out. But so far I've found it's not too terribly difficult, and I have pretty much zero dexterity. I think the key is just having some idea of what you're trying to accomplish before you start cutting.

scripple
That looks a lot tidier

Yes it seriously needed a trim.

Yep, a big difference for sure on that wig. Nice idea to take before and after shots too! I trimmed a few hairs on the one I have on Ryomou but using her bangs to cover her closed eye worked better for me than cutting them away. I think I'll take your cue of trimming those side pieces a little tho. I like how yours look being a bit shorter now. The ones on Ryomou are so long they curve in towards her chest and cover up her glorious plushies!

I can't believe people are going to stick with that term.

I cut the side pieces in length and width. They're much thinner now than they were originally. If just cut in length it's quite the mass of hair to get to stay together as one clump when short.

mitsuki

That's so funny! Do you have an alternative term in mind?

scripple

That's so funny! Do you have an alternative term in mind?

The English language is completely overstocked with existing terms, slang or otherwise. I'm not sure why the doll community (here and figure.fm) insists on making even more terms. Is breasts too scandalous or something?

mitsuki

"Oppai" is straightforward to me and sounds so fun. I use it to distinguish them from less fantasy-styled breasts.

OtakuDepot

I love the look of the wig after the trimming - really excellent job. This is one of the things I'm wanting to get more confidence in doing so I can work on my girls wigs. I'm still way too chicken to do it on some of their default wigs.

The English language is completely overstocked with existing terms, slang or otherwise. I'm not sure why the doll community (here and figure.fm) insists on making even more terms. Is breasts too scandalous or something?

I think it's just not "fun" enough of a word. I do admit that there are way too many synonyms for breast as it is. Here's a list I found: http://mrcommonsensical.blogspot.com/2006/12/heres-stuff-for-your-vocab.html

I may be a little biased by my favorite is: Milk Depot

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

scripple
I love the look of the wig after the trimming - really excellent job. This is one of the things I'm wanting to get more confidence in doing so I can work on my girls wigs. I'm still way too chicken to do it on some of their default wigs.

Thanks for the complements. I don't think I'd want to trim a default wig. Maybe on Yukino, but not on the branded character dolls. Their hair is typically styled fairly well to match the character.

I do admit that there are way too many synonyms for breast as it is. Here's a list I found: http://mrcommonsensical.blogspot.com/2006/12/heres-stuff-for-your-vocab.html

As I said, overstocked.

baldylox

I also think that the word "breasts" is too dull and boring. Why not create new words to explain the fun factor of our hobby?

At first, "plushies" was just an odd sounding word that made us laugh about being used to describe breasts. Now, since Jun97 and Otakudepot have run with it, I find it even more fun. And isn't that what a hobby is all about? Having fun?

And I agree with Mitsuki about the word "oppai". To me, it brings up visions of really large plushies in anime that swing and bounce and sway and make funny sound effects. It's just another fun word for something most of us like anyway. I know *I* like oppai and so do most of my girls!

So yeah, I'm going to keep using "plushies" here because A) It's fun, and B) because it bugs Scripple.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Halcyon

I love the new look! By the way, good job on the trimming.

DD 娘 - Dollfie Dream® Daughters

{1} : DDS [ユ-ピィ] - Euphie

PlasticFantastic

Really nice job trimming this wig!

I actually went to Wal-Mart and got a pair of goody hair scissors so I could trim up a couple of my wigs. I find the bangs can some times be too long and unruly - first time I trimmed a wig I used large scissors, it turned okay but it's a bit crooked. I'm hoping I can fix it up now with more appropriate scissors.

Also! For the ladies out there: you could see if your hairdresser is up for the task of trimming a wig for any of your girls. I've been debating asking my stylist to fix up a few of my wigs. Could you imagine the looks bringing a DD into a salon for a trim??

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

mitsuki

A Dollfie Dream customer at the salon would be so cute!

scripple
I love the new look! By the way, good job on the trimming.

Thank you.

Really nice job trimming this wig!

I actually went to Wal-Mart and got a pair of goody hair scissors so I could trim up a couple of my wigs. I find the bangs can some times be too long and unruly - first time I trimmed a wig I used large scissors, it turned okay but it's a bit crooked. I'm hoping I can fix it up now with more appropriate scissors.

Thanks for the complements. I used suture scissors for this trim. I've also done a trim with larger scissors. The larger ones were definitely more awkward, but they were much sharper. Small sharp scissors would be best I think.