MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Meghan-chan

Greetings from Vermont, USA

Meghan-chan

Hello everyone ^_^

My name is Meghan. I will be 21 this year in May. I am a huge otaku. >.<

I have been a major stalker of this website for awhile and decided to join.

I think the first time I saw a Dollfie Dream was on Danny Choo's website many years ago, and have been in love with them since. But everytime I had the money something always came up (car issues, medical issues, losing my job, ect) BUT after talking with my fiancé I should have a full one hopefully within two weeks.

I am buying a custom head off of someone on figure.fm and once I can find a body I will be in heaven.

I hope to spend many years enjoying Dollfie Dreams with you guys

At home:

Miniko ~ DDdy Miko

Mayuki ~ DDS Mayu

Mizuki ~ SQ Lab/MDD hybrid

Waiting on: None

LOOKING FOR:​ MDD Ratwuni/Latune (Purple hair and dress)

Sporkaroni

Welcome to the forums! Its too bad about all those things coming up and stopping you from getting your first girl. They really are a whole lot of fun! What kind of head did you get? and what kind of body are you looking to get? If you have any questions there are a ton of nice and helpful people on the forums, so don't be shy to ask!

Meghan-chan

Thank you for the welcome

Everyone does seem nice and helpful and so far I'm glad I joined.

She is a DD03 head, custom face-up by Hikaru132, currently owned by Lelouch_CC on figure.fm.

She is Nana Komatsu from the anime/manga NANA.

I don't know how to add a picture or I would

I'm not 100% sure what type body I would like for her. I'm thinking DDII or DDIII. Maybe even DDS. I'd prefer a DDIII or DDS for better pose-ability but the DDII's seem easier to come by.

At home:

Miniko ~ DDdy Miko

Mayuki ~ DDS Mayu

Sporkaroni

Well normally to post an image you would use the IMG button and direct link it (between the tags that show up after you click IMG button), but you still have a low post count so you can't post images or links until you hit a certain number of posts.

Nana was a pretty good series, I'd be interested in seeing the head, especially if its done by hikaru.

I prefer the DDIII over the DDII, so much more poseable! Great thing about the DDIII is that you can either buy one of the standard models, or you can piece one together yourself from the parts.

archangeli

You need 20 posts before you can post pictures and links

Welcome! I'm glad after all your tribulations you're finally able to adopt a DD!

Komatsu Nana would fit a DDS body nicely. Small, slim and cute! To date, it's still one of my favourite animes.

I can't wait to see her!

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

PrettyCranium

I've seen that Nana by Hikaru and I love her! She looks very much like the character from the anime/manga. Hikaru does amazing work, too.

I can't wait to see your pics of her!

Meghan-chan

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes!

I see. Well, after I get the required number of posts I will post a picture!!!

I still have about a week to decide which body to get, but I'm definitely leaning towards the DDS or DDIII more.

Does anyone know if someone has done a comparison of just the DDS and DDIII? I'm assuming the DDIII is more poseable but I'm not sure how much more poseable. But I do agree with archangell that the DDS might be better fitting towards Nana.

At home:

Miniko ~ DDdy Miko

Mayuki ~ DDS Mayu

Jezrah

Yay for Hachi (Nana)!

The DDS and DDIII bodies have the same level of flexibility, so I'd go with the DDS as well since Nana Osaki is taller. The DDS body has really nice aesthetics too.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Meghan-chan
Yay for Hachi (Nana)!

The DDS and DDIII bodies have the same level of flexibility, so I'd go with the DDS as well since Nana Osaki is taller. The DDS body has really nice aesthetics too.

That's what I was thinking in case I wanted a Nana Osaki custom down the road lol

But I neared that the DDS and DDIII body's crack easy, is this true?

At home:

Miniko ~ DDdy Miko

Mayuki ~ DDS Mayu

Jezrah
Yay for Hachi (Nana)!

That's what I was thinking in case I wanted a Nana Osaki custom down the road lol

I would say that it used to be true, but isn't as much now. My Akira is on an earlier version body, and both her hips and one of her shoulders have cracked. But so far none of the redesigned girls I got have had this problem. If you're worried, you could always get Coolcat reinforcement parts, they're pretty cheap and they should be preventative. I put some on Akira, and even though I haven't glued her for a more permanent fix, she is still much better. But then, I'm not really afraid of breakages. My friends bring their dolls to me for fixes. Oh, and one of my friends has several DDS girls, and the only one of hers that cracked was the first generation body from Reimu.

Meghan-chan
Yay for Hachi (Nana)!

I would say that it used to be true, but isn't as much now. My Akira is on an earlier version body, and both her hips and one of her shoulders have cracked. But so far none of the redesigned girls I got have had this problem. If you're worried, you could always get Coolcat reinforcement parts, they're pretty cheap and they should be preventative. I put some on Akira, and even though I haven't glued her for a more permanent fix, she is still much better. But then, I'm not really afraid of breakages. My friends bring their dolls to me for fixes. Oh, and one of my friends has several DDS girls, and the only one of hers that cracked was the first generation body from Reimu.

That's good to hear

I actually just found a used DDS body for sale. I think I will inquire about it.

But, around what price range is good for a used DDS, it had slight staining but the owner got most of it.

At home:

Miniko ~ DDdy Miko

Mayuki ~ DDS Mayu

Jezrah

Well, a brand new DDS from parts costs $381 from VolksUSA, 32550yen (~$351) from Volks International, and can be gotten from splits for anywhere from $240-$325 depending on the fullset price. So anywhere in that price range can be fair in theory, but I would stay away from the upper end if it has stains remaining.

Meghan-chan
Well, a brand new DDS from parts costs $381 from VolksUSA, 32550yen (~$351) from Volks International, and can be gotten from splits for anywhere from $240-$325 depending on the fullset price. So anywhere in that price range can be fair in theory, but I would stay away from the upper end if it has stains remaining.

I can't post links or I'd share and see if you thought the price was fair (if you didn't mind)

But the owner is asking $350 paypal fees and shipping not included.

Light staining on neck where head touches and staining on feet, they said they got most of the stains on the feet off, but they're red on the heels and two little black dots mixed in the red.

At home:

Miniko ~ DDdy Miko

Mayuki ~ DDS Mayu

Jezrah

I can't post links or I'd share and see if you thought the price was fair (if you didn't mind)

Light staining on neck where head touches and staining on feet, they said they got most of the stains on the feet off, but they're red on the heels and two little black dots mixed in the red.

Well if it was me personally, I'd build a body from parts from Volks International for that price. The current exchange rate makes bodies about $30 less than VolksUSA. So after Paypal fees and shipping fees for that seller, you may as well get a brand new one from Volks International. They're not hard to put together.

Meghan-chan

Well if it was me personally, I'd build a body from parts from Volks International for that price. The current exchange rate makes bodies about $30 less than VolksUSA. So after Paypal fees and shipping fees for that seller, you may as well get a brand new one from Volks International. They're not hard to put together.

I'll look into it, I hope they have all the parts in-stock

Do you know roughly how long it would take to get her if I did order from Volks International?

Thank you so much Jezrah!!

At home:

Miniko ~ DDdy Miko

Mayuki ~ DDS Mayu

Jezrah

Oh no problem. Looks like everything in normal skin for DDS is currently in stock. Here's the page. Although you'll need to click on DD option parts for hands.

Volks International is pretty fast, it takes about a week for them to process orders, then the time for your package to get from Japan to your house, so about 2-3 weeks. https://www.volks.co.jp/guide_en/shipment/4_c/

Meghan-chan
Oh no problem. Looks like everything in normal skin for DDS is currently in stock. Although you'll need to click on DD option parts for hands.

Volks International is pretty fast, it takes about a week for them to process orders, then the time for your package to get from Japan to your house, so about 2-3 weeks.

I just looked I'm glad everything is in stock Volks USA didn't have the shins.

I added everything to the cart, it will be $375.42 after shipping. Which is pretty reasonable

Now, I just need to get hubby to let me use his paypal/card so I can put the order in, as my paypal has limited funds right now, due to Nana's head lol

Thank you again!!!

At home:

Miniko ~ DDdy Miko

Mayuki ~ DDS Mayu

Sporkaroni

Volks International can lag for quite a bit sometimes though. They list on their site that their order processing can take up to 14 business days, and they have done that to me several times. Once it gets shipped though, it should arrive pretty fast. I would have to agree that you are better off ordering from Volks International rather than buying the used one for that price.

battrastard

Welcome and congrats on your new girl! Hope she gets to you soon!

As for posting pics, most of us have a Flickr account, and it's easy to load pics from there to here.

In the upper left corner above the pic you clicked on, you'll find a "share" button, click on it, and a drop-down will appear, right click the text in the box and select "copy", (here's where you need two tabs open on your browser, with the second tab being here..) "Paste" what you just copied in your new post you opened here, and add whatever text you want...

Easy stuff!

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"