Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

aiRreyes

Airport scenario with your dolls

jadepixel

When I flew with my doll bag a few years ago, I got lucky 'cause the seats in front didn't have a divider underneath, so I could stow it long ways in front of me. I haven't seen that plane configuration since, though! If I brought it again I might go for a window seat a prop it upright against the wall. Otherwise it'd be easier to put the doll in a 'crouch' pose and stow them in a backpack or large tote.

foo
Last christmas, I brought a SD carry case with me along with a backpack and tripod when I went on vacation and I had no problems with bringing them with me as carry on~.

That's good to hear ^^ Where did you put it? Did it fit well in the overhead compartment?

Where do you plan on storing the carrier though? I personally wouldn't want it in the overheads, that bag is still just soft sided and may get squashed.

I plan to put it up there :/

I took a girl on a plane once curled up in a square padded bag that fit under the seat in front of me and she was fine.

I may be able to do that. I'll have a better idea when I pack up stuff to go, but I may be able to put the tripod in the carry case, and put the doll in my soft bag. Usually when I travel without checked baggage I have a fairly large bag that I put stuff & clothes in that I can easily put under the seat. I won't be taking clothes with me, so I should have room to put a doll there.

I still want to take the Volks carrying case though because that's what I'd prefer to walk around with. Unfortunately it won't fit in my checked luggage.

When I flew with my doll bag a few years ago, I got lucky 'cause the seats in front didn't have a divider underneath, so I could stow it long ways in front of me. I haven't seen that plane configuration since, though!

I've seen that a few times but I can't remember what kind of plane that is. It's a long flight so I'm not sure about keeping the carrying case next to the window.

Aile
Last christmas, I brought a SD carry case with me along with a backpack and tripod when I went on vacation and I had no problems with bringing them with me as carry on~.

That's good to hear ^^ Where did you put it? Did it fit well in the overhead compartment?

I placed everything in the overhead compartment (I did wrap my girls in more towels than I usually would. would have preferred to stow it under my seat, but the flight I was on barely has enough legroom as it is orz.

CREW:

Haruna (Alter V2 remakeup ver) ☆ Nyx (Rise remakeup ver) ☆ Senka (Rise ) ☆ Aila (DDH-01) ☆ Nero (Saber Extra) ☆ Sora (Miku) ☆ Anemone (Sasara V2) ☆ Beauvoir (Sheryl Nome Remakep ver) ☆ Nymnir Nyven (Yuriko & Liliru) ☆ Jeanne D' Arc ☆ Y'shtola ☆ Leucothea (2b Remakeup ver) 

IG

-Mei

Most airplane has some extra space behind the last row, so you could pick the window seat and utilize that space It's not really pleasant sitting in the back, but at least you can safely store your Volks carrying case.

PriestessYukiko

I am moving to Japan sometime this year for about six months to a year. I have four girls and would definitely love to bring all of them with me. Is there any way to do this without putting any of them in my checked baggage? I have the Volks bag but I think it's too long for carry on. I really don't want to leave any of them behind but it looks like I might have to...

My girls: Yoko, Miyuki (Yukino 2), Saber Extra, Miku Hatsune

My (hopefully) future girls: Kud, Saber Alter 2, Nia, Rise, Yuki N, Maria, Louise, Rena, Mio, Yui, Miki, Mariko, Natsuki 2, Melty, Mirai (Smart Doll)

foo

So, after going through the YVR > NRT > ICN > KUL airports, I didn't have any problems. I had Melty in the Volks SD carrying bag wrapped in two towels. The only thing is that the Japanese will want to inspect your luggage after you pick it up to exit to the city, and both times (towards KUL and on the way back to YVR), they wanted to open up the bag. And both times, when they opened it up, "oooh, towel ne."

The SD carrying case fit perfectly fine in the overhead compartment. The only thing that I wasn't prepared for was my tripod; I did some reading afterwards and apparently a lot of airports have restrictions on taking large rod-shaped items. I only had an issue exiting Japan, where they wanted me to take my tripod head off so the total length would be under 60 cm (I just put the head in my other bag). Otherwise I'd have to check it into luggage.