Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
OtakuDepot

Maid Yoko opens the mail. (image heavy again)

OtakuDepot

(sorry, another long picture heavy post)

I was very fortunate enough to win the two recent Volks maid sets for my girls and Yoko was very eager to try out the Adorable maid set. She really got in the mood and played as a maid all day for me.

5837973189_4ebae81a49.jpg

Me: How do you like your new outfit Yoko?

Yoko: "Oh, I love it. It's so pretty, just look at this lovely floral pattern!"

5838525222_7228c11e4e.jpg

Me: Yes, that is really lovely. I'm glad you like it so much.

5837973445_c5acd76b2a.jpg

Yoko: "It even has this lovely bow, look at the detail. Can you see ok?"

Me: Oh yes, I can see fine... maybe a little too well.

5837973517_4560a5fbb3.jpg

Yoko: "You did get a package in the mail today Daddy. I opened it up thinking it may have been for one of my sisters. I hope you don't mind?"

Me: That's ok dear, I don't mind at all. Thank you.

Yoko: "Since I'm a maid today I'm happy to do it for you. Should I open it as well?"

Me: Ok, if you would like. I would really appreciate it.

5838525456_9597a22c30.jpg5837973651_5f16f26ba7.jpg

Yoko: "Umm, Daddy.... There doesn't seem to be any instructions. It's a bit confusing, but I'll try my best to put it together for you!!!"

5838525608_1c4e0c6f88.jpg

Me: Ummm, are you ok honey? Is it giving you some trouble?

5837973795_b17d75c559.jpg

Yoko: "Uhhh, I think I may be stuck. Would it be ok to ask you for a little help?"

Me: I'd be happy to help out. Let's see what we have here...

5838525720_2016e1f7b1.jpg

Little by little we got it worked out and put together.

5838525820_e9912014c5.jpg

Yoko: "Here you go Daddy. Your box thingy is ready, did I do a good job?"

Me: You did a fantastic job Yoko dear but it's not ready yet, we have one last step.

Yoko: "What is this thing anyway? What do you need a small plastic box for?"

5837973999_501e426123_z.jpg

Me: Here ya go honey, take this as well.

Yoko: "Whoa, this is heavy. What is it Daddy?"

5837974037_a500666c11.jpg

Me: This is one of the speedlights I use when taking pictures. We need to put the opening of the box over the end of the light.

Yoko: "Oh, it's for a flash! But why do you want it to go off in a box?"

Me: Well, basically it increases the size of the light source a little and helps create a nicer/softer looking light and shadow. It was pretty cheap on Amazon.com so I wanted to play with it when taking pictures of you and your sisters.

Yoko: "Gee Daddy, you can be so silly sometimes. I bet you could have bought another pair of shoes or something useful like that. Well, whatever floats your boat!"

5837974101_1d52f9ae6a.jpg

Yoko: "Ok, I think that does it, right?

Me: That's just perfect. It looks like it's on there correctly.

Yoko: "Ok, now let's turn on the power and try it out.... I think the power switch is down here, right?"

Me: NO!!! YOKO, DON'T TURN IT ON!!!!

5838526034_342ba14f6c_z.jpg

*** C R A C K ***

Me: Oh no! Yoko, are you ok? Yoko!!!

5837974239_16291c0a05.jpg

Yoko: "Daddy??? Are you there? I can hear you but I can't see anything but a bright light. Should I go toward the light?"

Me: No, stay away from the light honey!!!! Stay away from it!

=================

For those who may be worried, Yoko is feeling 100% again. It took a minute or two for her eyes to adjust but she's feeling fine now. To prove it she even posed in a very cute Mail Neko Nyann pose for you:

5838526148_e9ae861819_z.jpg

**James.

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

littlebearries

Cute! Very cute... and I still need to order that flash piece... I'd love to see some photos where you experiment with it! How's it working for you so far?

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

otakusan

Love the shot when the flash went off

jun97

Very cute Yoko! I'm glad to see someone is enjoying his vacation. How did your post not turn into a long discussion about flash diffusers?

scripple

Yoko makes a very cute maid, it was very nice of her to help you assemble the defuser.

And please don't apologize for image heavy posts, that's what many (most?) of us are looking for, especially when they're such high quality shots as these. Great work.

AntElitist

Lol! "Should I go toward the light?" XD

Milk

Aww, a cute and funny story. GJ!

At home: Victoria {DD Beatrice}, DD 2B, DD 9S

Waiting for: TinyFox Murphy

OtakuDepot
Cute! Very cute... and I still need to order that flash piece... I'd love to see some photos where you experiment with it! How's it working for you so far?

Thank you. I believe the last show used the diffuser as the fill light on camera right but I still had my 32" umbrella as the main light. I do plan on taking some shots using just this light since it's perfectly DD sized as a softbox for them.

Love the shot when the flash went off
Thanks, I couldn't resist that shot when it was right in front of her.

Very cute Yoko! I'm glad to see someone is enjoying his vacation. How did your post not turn into a long discussion about flash diffusers?

Thankfully Yoko kept me in line. haha And yes, I'm really enjoying my vacation. I need to take a week off every week.

Yoko makes a very cute maid, it was very nice of her to help you assemble the defuser.

And please don't apologize for image heavy posts, that's what many (most?) of us are looking for, especially when they're such high quality shots as these. Great work.

Thanks Scripple, I know I love seeing lots of pictures but I don't want it to seem like I'm flooding the forum. Yoko does make a very cute maid, she's very happy to help out around the house.

Lol! "Should I go toward the light?" XD

I wondered if anybody would catch that. I tried to use photoshop to create some squiggly circles for Yoko's eyes - try to give her that manga look of being stunned, but it just didn't look good.

**James

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

mitsuki

She is so adorable in that outfit! The gray hair is perfect too.

cgivisionary

Awwwwww! She's so cute.

baldylox

Have I mentioned that I hate you?

Man are these beautiful shots! Yoko just owns that outfit and wig! And she's so helpful ( in her own clutsy and adorable way ).

Awesome photos and story, you rock!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

OtakuDepot

Thank you Mitsuki, I'm still undecided what I want to do as far as trimming that wig but I do like the color on her.

Thanks cgivisionary, I agree as well. Every time I look at her I can't help but smile.

Have I mentioned that I hate you?

Man are these beautiful shots! Yoko just owns that outfit and wig! And she's so helpful ( in her own clutsy and adorable way ).

Awesome photos and story, you rock!

haha - thank you very much. I wish I had some more light in the background so it didn't look like she was floating in space so much. I really love her in the maid kimono, I'm worried I'll not want her to ever change. haha

**James

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

scripple

I really love her in the maid kimono, I'm worried I'll not want her to ever change. haha

Well if you keep her in that outfit forever you better buy that Aoi you were talking about in the other thread so you have another girl to use the new outfits on. There's a rule that if you decide to keep a DD in one outfit forever you have to get another DD right? Or am I the only one that feels that way?