Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Kumi

Mature looking Sculpts?

Kumi

07, Saber, Airy, Neris, Sakuya SB, Beatrice, 05/Sirius/Yumi/Kyoko...

And some SQ-Lab heads as well.

Jezrah

I disagree with Airy looking that old, but that's just my opinion.

I will add Mai, Ryomo, Kanu, Excellen, Shino, Tamaki, Sasara, Alna, Yoko. And out of the standard heads, 02, 03, 05, and 07 can be the most mature depending on faceup and styling.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Kumi
I disagree with Airy looking that old, but that's just my opinion.

Mature doesn't equal old. She's not old, just mature

But it also depends on eyes and wig.

I disagree with Yoko - she may be mature according to the anime but her DD version has imho too big eyes for that.

Jezrah

I am aware that mature doesn't equal old. I was referring to the 23-25 years that the OP stated. And when I suggested Mai and Yoko I was thinking of Baldylox's girls. So it does depend on styling. I've just never seen an Airy that looked older than maybe 18-19, but like I said, it was just my opinion.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Kumi

Well, "age" of a DD is something even more complicated and mysterious than of a woman with a makeup.

Let's not go there

5921424281_e4dc985fde.jpg

Aerie & Kaoru by Kumi 27, on Flickr

I was referring to what I see in my girls' corner.

Just from these two heads, Airy is definitely older and more mature.

I think it's a matter of the length of face, angles between eyes, nose and mouth and so on.

aquilla429

It would help to have a picture and some info about your oc to let us help you best. Age is just a number and mature is just a word, dolls are so expressive and so customisable that I honestly think the majority of heads could look more mature if desired.

I know someone who is 24 years old, but often acts like a woman much senior to her actual age. She is very mature for her age but if you looked at her based on image alone, you could think she was still in her teens. Not everyone looks their age, people are too varied, no two 25 year olds have the same age face.

When trying to match a doll mold to an existing personal character, I think it's just best to look at as many dolls as possible, if you find a doll you like, search for more of that mold on places like here or Flickr. You will find the same doll in different eyes, wig, make up and styles of clothing and you will be amazed at how different they can look. Then you will have a mich better idea of what works best for YOU!

aquillascubbyholesmall_zps7378ca56.png

My new domain and blog is now based on tumblr, you can find me at http://www.aquilla429.com

https://twitter.com/aquilla429

Poofiemus

That picture helps a lot, as it conveys her attitude, definitely the more important factor here.

From that, I'd say 07 (not the prepaint, custom faceup), Fate T. Harlaown, maybe an 06 with a Fate-esque faceup, 05, SQ Labs Sylvia, and SQ Labs Hitomi perhaps. Faceup will make a big difference in a lot of these cases.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

baldylox
And when I suggested Mai and Yoko I was thinking of Baldylox's girls. So it does depend on styling.

Thanks for the mention! I also see my Yoko and Mai as "older" girls. I also see Manami, Ryomou, Rei, Sango, Saber and Katerina as older girls. It's a combination of their personality and faces to me.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Misheru

It definitely depend on styling and the personality that develops.

I agree with 05, 07, Alna, Excellen and Saber as a general rule, however.

Most of the time, Yoko, Airy and Mai seems younger. But again, depends on the doll herself.

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

DJStarstryker

Eyes, wigs, clothes, lighting, and pose can really change how a head looks. I thought Nero's head (Fate/Extra Saber) looked a bit mature, but SakuraSylph put some different eyes in it and a different wig and she looks drastically younger (14-ish, versus the early 20s look I pegged her at before). And the original Saber head looks even younger than that (like 12-13-ish) with different eyes and wig too.

The 07 head definitely looks the most mature out of all of the heads SakuraSylph and I have. I haven't seen it look any younger than late teens no matter what eyes/wigs/outfits people use. This is for the limited pre-paint version though. I haven't seen as many 07 customs yet to see if people can successfully make it NOT look late teens at the youngest.

Are you ready to rock? ^_^

katnaper

Aoko, Beatrice, Excellen, Sasara and the 07 head if the face-up is right. Those are my choices. Airy seems a mite too young for me.

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

DefectiveAngel

Call me crazy, but I can't believe no one has mentioned Rina. I personally think she a bit of a mature look to her.

Or maybe I'm just use to seeing her from how I have her styled.

8359342668_2c5fe34f30_z.jpg

Rina by DefectiveAngel, on Flickr

Kumi

Personally I just tried to stick to obtainable headmolds, and Rina is already somewhere in the unicorn territory

Yours is imo more mature then average. Maybe it's the eyes/wig combo.

DefectiveAngel
Personally I just tried to stick to obtainable headmolds, and Rina is already somewhere in the unicorn territory

Yours is imo more mature then average. Maybe it's the eyes/wig combo.

I agree that Rina looks lovely and mature too :3

Thank you both very much! I agree her head would be much harder to locate and is on the expensive side. Also I know she isn't really the best match with the character the OP wanted.

But I still wanted to give Rina a lil love and show she can have a mature look as well. ^_^