Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

aeris

Need some patterns for MDD

aeris

Hi

Could anyone please tell me where I could find some patterns for MDD dresses?

Thank you in advance ^_^

Home : Hitomi, Kaori, Lily, Natsuki, Kotori, Yui, Kagami, , Maya, Hana

JChiibs

Hi Aeris!

I was thinking about this thread the other day and was wondering what size of busts do your girls have? Are they Volks MDD bodies or Obitsu/Parabox? What kind of dress styles are you looking for? I've been having fun the last few days working on patterns for this size body so I'd be interested on your input. I agree that our MDD girls need a lot more sewing options!

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Yukamina

I'd be interested in MDD patterns too! My girl is an S bust. I made a really basic dress for her, but I'd like to make her some other stuff (cute tops and skirts as well as dresses).

aeris
Hi Aeris!

I was thinking about this thread the other day and was wondering what size of busts do your girls have? Are they Volks MDD bodies or Obitsu/Parabox? What kind of dress styles are you looking for? I've been having fun the last few days working on patterns for this size body so I'd be interested on your input. I agree that our MDD girls need a lot more sewing options!

~Sister Kyoya

Thank you very much Sister Kyoya!

For now I have a volks MDD III body with S bust. I am looking for any pattern for the beginning. I would like to do some clothes for my future CC Sakura MDD, but I am a noob at sewing so I need to practice a bit before

JChiibs

Do you have any previous sewing experience? Do you sew by hand or with a sewing machine? I'm just trying to understand what level of beginning sewing to aim at. I am so happy to be home and sewing again.

Is Sakura from an anime? I was curious if she was because I could look up pics of the clothes to see what the general style is.

~Sister Kyoya

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Kumi

CC Sakura is a heaven (or hell, it depends) to a clothes designer, because for EVERY episode she had different clothes, made by her friend Tomoyo. And it alone makes something like 70+ designs

aeris
Do you have any previous sewing experience? Do you sew by hand or with a sewing machine? I'm just trying to understand what level of beginning sewing to aim at. I am so happy to be home and sewing again.

Is Sakura from an anime? I was curious if she was because I could look up pics of the clothes to see what the general style is.

~Sister Kyoya

I only did a dress by hand sewing, it was my first try . I am totally noob but I try to improve myself. I try for now to practice the sewing machine. I would probably do a mix of hand and sewing machine. So you can consider my level is at the very beginning

Yes Sakura is from Card captor Sakura. I know I won't be able to do her costums before a while, because they are not easy at all. That's why any pattern would be great.

Thank you in advance!

JChiibs

I wanted to let you know that I've been working on some patterns. It will be a few more days before I will post them because I have to write up the instructions. However I do have a picture!

8697379874_3a42f121b2_z.jpg

Bree is an S bust, and the only size MDD bust I have at the moment. I want this to be a basic pattern set with a few different options to mix and match. Once I have a pattern down that I like I want to use it over and over again doing different variations, so that's also how I design patterns too. I just hate that it takes me a lot longer to draft the patterns than it does to sew the outfit.

This dress is very easy to line (I forgot to make the inside bodice piece in white ) and I altered the pattern so the skirt can have a 3rd layer. I went with design because doing straight hems is a lot easier than curved ones. One of the funniest things is before I made this dress for Bree I totally hated that orange fabric. Now I keep staring at it because it couldn't be more perfect for her.

Hopefully this is a cute enough dress for your girls?

~Sister Kyoya

aeris

Cuuuuuute! Thank you for sharing.

It is great for me it is an "easy" dress. So I can try it ^_^

JChiibs

I'm really glad that you guys like it! Another reason why I went with the straight edge on the hem is it is a lot easier to add lace trim to it compared to a curved edge. Also if you want a longer skirt it isn't difficult at all. I jotted down a quick list of how many basic variations could be done with this set when I have all the pieces and this is what I came up with:

2 tier handkerchief dress (the previous pic)

1 tier handkerchief underskirt

3 tier handkerchief skirt

Full circle dress

Full circle skirt

Gathered skirt

Overall pants

Overall shorts

Short ruffle top

Batwing top (this is a shirt without separate sleeves)

This really looks like a lot but there are many pieces used in different ways. The pants/shorts pattern is one I've already been working on with a couple minor alterations. The batwing shirt sounds a lot more ominous than it is. This one I still have to draft the pattern for and test it out, but many of the pattern pieces are varying sizes of rectangles, or very close to being rectangles. The only problem I keep having is the more I think about minor alterations in the patterns, the more ideas keep popping into my head. I've been very grateful for this project because it's finally getting me to put together (an enormous) beginner sewing blog post that I wrote and photographed last year. Most of what I know about sewing I've taught myself so I understand how aggravating it can be wanting to know how to do something but no one gives you the right tools to learn from. It really makes me excited that there are so many DD collectors who want to sew. I can't wait to see what variations other people make with these patterns. MDD are definitely a lot easier to draft patterns for than DDdy, but even inadvertently working with these patterns help with that too.

It might be another two days before I get the patterns up for the handkerchief dress, the gathered skirt, and the short ruffle top. The other pieces shouldn't take me long after that, but I'm trying to organize it in a way that I don't have to keep giving the same explanations every time. Once the sewing basic explanations are down it will get a lot faster. I just find it easiest to explain things as if I'm talking to someone who has never sewn. I always hated finding sewing instructions that assumed I knew something and never explained it. Often that was the one reason I couldn't do the project I wanted to work on.

~Sister Kyoya