Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Ichigokitty

Differences in head size?

Ichigokitty

After getting my second Dollfie Dream (Aoko), I noticed that her head is SIGNIFICANTLY larger than Rise's. Is Rise an odd doll with a tiny head? Her eyes are also much smaller. I think the differences in head sizes kind of makes them look odd together. Has anyone else noticed this, or does anyone have any sort of information on this?

Kumi

DD heads are in general 8-9" size, some bigger, some smaller.

Yukino/DDH-03 is for example one of smaller ones, and even some 7-8" wigs fit.

Rise is quite unusual in the DD line because of more resin-like sculpt - smaller eyes, more realistic nose and so on.

IMHO Rise will look slightly odd with any other DD, she's one of a kind so far

DivinitaAria

Noticed this too From the dolls I currently own, in order of increasing head size:

Rise -> Mikuru -> DDH01

The 01 head is HUGE. I can only get two wigs to fit. Both are Volks wigs which have elastic in them. Otherwise, 9-10" would be the best bet.

I think the 04 head is about Mikuru sized.

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

DJStarstryker

The heads are also getting larger over time. Rin and original Saber, for instance, have significantly smaller heads than Saber Alter v2 or Aoko.

Are you ready to rock? ^_^

archangeli
After getting my second Dollfie Dream (Aoko), I noticed that her head is SIGNIFICANTLY larger than Rise's. Is Rise an odd doll with a tiny head? Her eyes are also much smaller. I think the differences in head sizes kind of makes them look odd together. Has anyone else noticed this, or does anyone have any sort of information on this?

Rise does have a small head. She could wear 20mm animetic eyes too (or 16mm glass eyes).

Her head isn't as tiny as Alna's though!!

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

PrettyCranium
Noticed this too From the dolls I currently own, in order of increasing head size:

Rise -> Mikuru -> DDH01

The 01 head is HUGE. I can only get two wigs to fit. Both are Volks wigs which have elastic in them. Otherwise, 9-10" would be the best bet.

I think the 04 head is about Mikuru sized.

O_O I just ordered a bunch of 8-9 wigs from Leeke for my soon to arrive 01 head. I hope they work.

aquilla429
O_O I just ordered a bunch of 8-9 wigs from Leeke for my soon to arrive 01 head. I hope they work.

My custom dd01 Mai is wearing an 8-9 leeke wig and it fits her fine so I think you should be ok ^___^

aquillascubbyholesmall_zps7378ca56.png

My new domain and blog is now based on tumblr, you can find me at http://www.aquilla429.com

https://twitter.com/aquilla429

baldylox

My custom dd01 Mai is wearing an 8-9 leeke wig and it fits her fine so I think you should be ok ^___^

Yep, all my 01 girls wear 8-9 sized wigs with no issues at all. And the few 9-10 wigs I do have are a bit loose on them. I have to use a silicone wig cap to keep any 9-10 sized wigs on them. So don't worry, your 8-9 wigs will work perfectly well with your 01 girl.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

DivinitaAria

I wonder if it's the soft head cap that makes them hard to slide on, but teach me your ways of getting 8-9 on the 01 head!!

And maybe since her head is 9", anything that's a bit on the smaller 8" side is hard to squeeze on

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

Jezrah

My 01 girl wears a Volks DD (so 8-9") wig that is up in a style, and therefore isn't at all stretchy. That wig can easily slide on and off my 03 head, but is more like putting on a Saber wig with my 01. She has a hard head cap, but I can't tell what difference if any it makes since I don't have a second 01 with a soft head cap. I never take her wig off since it's such a pain to put on.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Amara77

I've noticed my 05 is MUCH smaller than any of the other heads I have. She's more of a 7-8 wig, and her eyes would be 20mm I think, the 22 I have were a bit to large for her.

Are the new 05's bigger?

My 02 is quite a bit smaller as well but she's an older version so I don't know if they're changed her size

Yoko's head is massive in comparison to my 02 hahah

Edited by Guest

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

aquilla429
I wonder if it's the soft head cap that makes them hard to slide on, but teach me your ways of getting 8-9 on the 01 head!!

And maybe since her head is 9", anything that's a bit on the smaller 8" side is hard to squeeze on

My 01 head is the soft wig cap version also and the 8-9 wigs I've tried on her have been fine. They have been leeke and ndoll wigs. Out of curiosity, this thread has made me try on my volks wigs on her too. Here's some crummy pics to illustrate.

Mini Dollfie Dream Mirai wig

a22efce1-bd85-4ad8-82bc-9af1d9ee2c0b_zpse722726e.jpg

Dollfie Dream Melty wig

image_zps5d047417.jpg

Dollfie Dream Sakuya wig

image_zps019b4997.jpg

Mirai and Melty's wigs are both elasticated, but Sakuyas wig cap is not elasticated at all due to it's ponytail styling. All three wigs went on with little to no fuss at all. Sakuya's was the hardest to get on out of the three, but even that wasn't actually hard work.

aquillascubbyholesmall_zps7378ca56.png

My new domain and blog is now based on tumblr, you can find me at http://www.aquilla429.com

https://twitter.com/aquilla429

JChiibs
I've noticed my 05 is MUCH smaller than any of the other heads I have. She's more of a 7-8 wig, and her eyes would be 20mm I think, the 22 I have were a bit to large for her.

Are the new 05's bigger?

8590266233_1178fbee23.jpg

Lucas (05) with 16mm eyes

I was really shocked when I noticed how tiny the 05 is. I think it might be a bit smaller than Tamayuki's 03. The difference between the 05 and the 07 is HUGE!

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

hironohiro

I think the new 05 is a little bigger since I'm using 22mm eyes which is enough to show some white and an 8-9 wig that fits on snugly.

Highlander
DD heads are in general 8-9" size, some bigger, some smaller.

Yukino/DDH-03 is for example one of smaller ones, and even some 7-8" wigs fit.

Rise is quite unusual in the DD line because of more resin-like sculpt - smaller eyes, more realistic nose and so on.

IMHO Rise will look slightly odd with any other DD, she's one of a kind so far

As archangeli mentioned, I think Alna is in a similar category to rise, smaller eyes, more realistic nose, etc, also a smaller head than most DD.

The Highlander

~The H side of H&M House of Vinyl~

Ichigokitty

wow it's really interesting how much they can differ! Does anyone have any good comparison pictures to show the differences in head sizes for your dolls?

aeris

I don't know if there are real big difference in heads, but perhaps it could be interesting to make a list with different molds and wig sizes that are possible for them? Even if I think most DD heads are 8-9.

I don't know if it is because of the brand for example, but for Kaori ( Tamaki), Leeke 8-9 wigs are a bit too tight, especially with a head cap. It fits but it is really hard to put them.

Home : Hitomi, Kaori, Lily, Natsuki, Kotori, Yui, Kagami, , Maya, Hana

forged_in_mess

I want to swap from DD to MDD (60 cm of doll is just too much for me). And of course I have 07 and 09 heads 😂 which heads would work best and would be the smallest for MDD

battrastard
14 minutes ago, forged_in_mess said:

I want to swap from DD to MDD (60 cm of doll is just too much for me). And of course I have 07 and 09 heads 😂 which heads would work best and would be the smallest for MDD

If you already have an MDD, or know of someone close by that has one, try swapping your heads to see which one you like more. My niece had an 09 on an MDD and she looked a bit too "mature" for the MDD. (might've been the faceup, tho, it was put on pretty thick!) 

Sadly, I don't have an 07, or I'd put up a pic on an MDD for you... 

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

forged_in_mess

Sadly I don't have mdd yet. I just have DD and those two heads. I did read that 07 and 09 are on the bigger side, so I would like to order blank heads that will be smaller, but not sure which heads are smaller than 07 and 09? 

Astraea

I think it's pretty common to see DDH-01, 04, 06, 08, 10, 22, 27 on MDD and I think they fit well from what I've seen, though the right faceup could also make others work - the ones that I think were specifically intended for smaller bodies are like 10, 22, 27 (01 wasn't specifically meant for it but it's probably the most popular for MDDs)

• Thanks 1

ragnamuffin
4 hours ago, forged_in_mess said:

Sadly I don't have mdd yet. I just have DD and those two heads. I did read that 07 and 09 are on the bigger side, so I would like to order blank heads that will be smaller, but not sure which heads are smaller than 07 and 09? 

Like @battrastard and @Astraea said, it depends on the faceup, but in general these heads are too mature and end up looking uncanny valley-like on an MDD body:

https://nyarurat.at.webry.info/201604/article_4.html

Also, see this topic:

Edited by ragnamuffin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

forged_in_mess

Thank you for the answers! 

It's always difficult to find painted heads, because there is so many modded ones on Instagram that it confuses me about the "real shape" 

I decided to order Ddh22 and ddh27. Hope they will be a good match!