Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
battrastard

New DD Carrier?

battrastard

A few weeks ago, I had decided to get rid of the "Mud Monster"....

7654131320_8f022aac3b_z.jpg

IMG_0071 by rattbastard, on Flickr

At a raging 10 miles per gallon, and most of the EcchiZonans being 120+ miles away, that wasn't too frugal

for getting up for a meet every month..

Luckily, I have a co-worker who has a metric a$$-load of Chevy/GMC parts, and was looking for a project to work with for his kids.

This little thing was exchanged for it, and I think Tana and Maiko approve:

"Hey, Kiddos, get dressed and come outside, I have something to show you."

Both: Ok, Papa, be right out.......

8603400167_33ce4f7bb3_z.jpg

IMG_3669 by rattbastard, on Flickr

"What'cha think, kids? How does going to the Phoenix Comic-Con in this sound?"

8603400167_33ce4f7bb3_z.jpg

IMG_3669 by rattbastard, on Flickr

Tana: Papa? Are you serious? it's so little!!

Maiko: It's so cute! Will it be safe?

"I think it'll be ok, I'm not that bad of a driver!!

8604503488_02e5e6b3a9_z.jpg

IMG_3676 by rattbastard, on Flickr

T: It's a very bright red, Papa, won't the police give you a ticket?

*chuckle* "No, they won't unless I do something stupid, like speeding or driving unsafe.."

M: Tana, Papa drove very carefully when we went to kymaeras house for the x-mas meet, remember?

T: This is true......

"Well, why don't you two get in it and see how it feels."

8603405083_9732c6bf32_z.jpg

IMG_3675 by rattbastard, on Flickr

T: Well, the seat is comfy, and I'll be out of the wind stream, so I think I might just approve of this

means of transport...

M: It's cool! When can we go for a ride, Papa?

"It needs a few small repairs, kids, but I promise we'll make the Phoenix Convention, ok?"

8604508336_02cc135464_z.jpg

IMG_3684 by rattbastard, on Flickr

YAY! Come on, Labor Day!!!

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

animagic4u

Wow your girls make that thing look TINY. Hahaha.

Looking forward to seeing you pull up in that. ^_^b

Dollfie Dream: Rei (DDdy, HDD04), Mikila (DDII, HDD04), Haruka (Ob50, DDS Millhiore), Shimamura Uzuki

Pure Neemo: Sayuri, Ayu, Alice

Resin: Terra, Koharu, Aki

Poofiemus

Congrats! That thing is SO cool! . . . Though. . . please tell me your girls meant "Memorial Day". We really don't want to wait for September for you to finally show up to a meet.

EDIT: I suggest we name your new acquisition "Le Roadster". The "Le" is obligatory.

Edited by Guest

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

battrastard
Wow your girls make that thing look TINY. Hahaha.

Heh! Actually, I think a Prius has more room! It is pretty small!

Though. . . please tell me your girls meant "Memorial Day". We really don't want to wait for September for you to finally show up to a meet.

Um....... Yeah.... Memorial Day..... That's it! ....

Cool ride. See ya at Phoenix Comic-Con. ^_^

Thanks! I don't have any doubts about making this one, one way or the other!!

Innocentsake

You & the girls will seriously be riding in style now!!! I love it so much Such a beautiful car!

katnaper

Ahhh... "Le Roadster" is quite the vehicle. I could so see you and the girls going to the con in style. And of course, its red which is perfect.

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

kymaera

I think that's closer to being in scale for them than you

Anna-neko

OMG, that is awesome!

like, it doesn't even need any story or nickname - it shows up and everyone would just be all 124095_original.gif

finnleo

Thats a cool looking little runner.

Although, having a bit of a weird time seeing such an aero nose infront of what seems to be a late T-bucket (Or is it based on a A-body?), but still cool non the less.

Can only hope for sunny skies when driving down to meets in it.

Oh, the girls be looking cute too.

shinegamix

anybody else notice the lack of steering wheel?

making my triumphant return

salica

SO COOL !! That will be a great ride for the CON !! I hope you'll take a lot of pics ^_^

Lucky girls ! Have fun

chibinezumi

I shall say it again....RATT ROD!!!!!!! You and the girls will be riding around in style!

finnleo

Looks like a quick release steering wheel boss.

Getting in and out of these without one can be a bit difficult, especially since it has to be done Dukes of Hazzard style (although, the lack of roof helps a bit).

baldylox

Ha ha ha! Awesome! I saw these pics on Flickr last night and was amazed.

So you really ditched the Tonka truck for this monster? Will this now be your daily driver? There's no way you can do that tho, it has no roof! At least it doesn't look like it has provisions for one....

Just what the heck car did this used to be? As someone else said, it has T-Bucket styling to it but also Ford A-body looks too. Since I'm a car guy, I must know what this is/was/will be!!! Are the doors welded shut? What size engine does it have? What frame? Will it be your daily driver or do you have another car for that? Will your girls get drivers licenses now so they can go out on dates? LOL

That car looks really cool sir, I'm glad to see you with something like that! Congrats on it for sure, I know you'll have a ton of fun in it, especially toting the kiddos all around town and to meetups!

Speaking of that, you know what will have to be done now that you have this cool car...

Modeling shots with the girls laid out on the car magazine style! Oh man, I can see yall at a doll meet now, several hotties spread across the hood and front seat, all looking lovely.

I think I hate you now.....

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

battrastard
You & the girls will seriously be riding in style now!!! I love it so much Such a beautiful car!

Ahhh... "Le Roadster" is quite the vehicle. I could so see you and the girls going to the con in style. And of course, its red which is perfect.

Thanks! I could've done without the red, though, something that looks that speedy is just begging for a ticket!

I shall say it again....RATT ROD!!!!!!! You and the girls will be riding around in style!

LOL! I didn't even think of that, Good Call!!

I think that's closer to being in scale for them than you

Truth! but, other folks who've sat in it tuck their knees around the steering wheel! (I'm only 5 1/2 feet tall as it is, everyone else I know start at 6 ft. plus! I have to tilt my feet sideways to get full travel on the pedals!

OMG, that is awesome!

like, it doesn't even need any story or nickname - it shows up and everyone would just be all 124095_original.gif

LOL! I expect to get a lot of thumbs-up and honking from other drivers! Thanks!

Thats a cool looking little runner.

Although, having a bit of a weird time seeing such an aero nose infront of what seems to be a late T-bucket (Or is it based on a A-body?), but still cool non the less.

Can only hope for sunny skies when driving down to meets in it.

Oh, the girls be looking cute too.

Looks like a quick release steering wheel boss.

Getting in and out of these without one can be a bit difficult, especially since it has to be done Dukes of Hazzard style (although, the lack of roof helps a bit).

Yep! (although, I don't plan on an Orange paint job or a Rebel Flag anytime soon! )

It is a removable steering wheel, with locking cover!

Tana and Maiko thank you!

Ha ha ha! Awesome! I saw these pics on Flickr last night and was amazed.

So you really ditched the Tonka truck for this monster? Will this now be your daily driver? There's no way you can do that tho, it has no roof! At least it doesn't look like it has provisions for one....

Just what the heck car did this used to be? As someone else said, it has T-Bucket styling to it but also Ford A-body looks too. Since I'm a car guy, I must know what this is/was/will be!!! Are the doors welded shut? What size engine does it have? What frame? Will it be your daily driver or do you have another car for that? Will your girls get drivers licenses now so they can go out on dates? LOL

That car looks really cool sir, I'm glad to see you with something like that! Congrats on it for sure, I know you'll have a ton of fun in it, especially toting the kiddos all around town and to meetups!

Speaking of that, you know what will have to be done now that you have this cool car...

Modeling shots with the girls laid out on the car magazine style! Oh man, I can see yall at a doll meet now, several hotties spread across the hood and front seat, all looking lovely.

I think I hate you now.....

Billy

*Chuckle!* Hate me all you want, sir, I most likely deserve it for all the grief I've given you about the "Mystical 20" anyways!

Here's the story on the car:

Originally thought out by the Averre Brothers in Washington state, the front nose piece, (called a "speedway" nose) was bought from a fiberglass company.

The brothers decided to fabricate what was known as a "Kit Car", usually made from the framework of a Volkswagen Beetle. (at this point, the only thing they used was the engine, transmission and various brake components)

The hand-crafted tube frame was built in-house, and the body/tub was bought from the same manufacturer as the nose piece. http://www.poli-form.com/

So...... there's no hinges for the doors. ("Dukes of Hazzard", indeed!)

Engine: Modified VW Beetle 1600cc, bumped up to 1835 with TWO two barrel Weber 40IDF carbs.

(which sits behind the seat, mid-engine style)

This lil thing never came with a roof, although I'm thinking up an idea for at least a snap-on style cover of some sort..........

That'll be after I fine tune it, it's been sitting in my co-workers garage for nearly 20 years.....

katnaper

Like Billy said, the requisite car magazine style photos with all the girls need to be taken. Also, one musn't forget photos of the owner with the vehicle, decked out in some snazzy outfit (why did Tiger from Tiger and Bunny suddenly come to mind... hmmm ). Anyway, looking forward to seeing more pics of Le Roadster a.k.a. Pimp Mobile (as dubbed by the much maligned kymaera)

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

AmuletSoul

Wow! That car is awesome! So colorful! Your girls looks so cute in it! Bet they can't wait to travel everywhere in it :3c

My Girls:

-Mini Dollfie Dream w/ HDD-01 "Razzlyn"

-Dollfie Dream II w/ HDD-02 "Aquafina"

mitsuki

I don't know anything about cars, but it looks so cool! Your girls are so adorable.

battrastard

Woot! Got some parts in today! I know what I'll be doing this weekend!

Wow! That car is awesome! So colorful! Your girls looks so cute in it! Bet they can't wait to travel everywhere in it :3c

I'm hoping! It'll get a few "trial runs" before I consider it to be Con Worthy, but, that's the fun of tinkering!

And yes, there'll be more pics with my kiddos, to be sure!

I don't know anything about cars, but it looks so cool! Your girls are so adorable.

Thank you! Good thing is, it's Volkswagen powered, so I have some idea of what I need to do to keep it running.... *was a VW mechanic for a few years*

Thanks for the compliments on the kiddos, they do love to hear folks say nice things about them!

AmuletSoul

I can just imagine driving by you on the road and I see you and your girls in it waving, AH the cuteness!~ XD

My Girls:

-Mini Dollfie Dream w/ HDD-01 "Razzlyn"

-Dollfie Dream II w/ HDD-02 "Aquafina"

evilbluepoptart

Well I guess now I have a reason to request off for PCC! I HAVE to see your girls in this car in person. It is NUTS! It definitely looks cramped! Drive safely!

Nightmareally

Hot car! And the girls look very cute waiting for you.

At Home: Miku and Rin