Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Nelly19

Wig making project

Nelly19

Hi guys, so after i traded Mali, i got 2 mdd bodies that have big changes in store, they will be off topic dolls however because their heads are coming from obitsu to have some heavy modding done before the they are reassembled. I want to make this project last quite a while as i like making custom dolls more than keeping them :S

Though i will be keeping these OC twins to dress up n' stuff. Has anyone ever ventilated a wig? I usually see wigs with tracks or the mohair wigs, and i would like more of a realistic scalp look especially when i fix the hair or switch its direction. I have found vids for ventilating human hair and in preparation bought the smallest crochet needle i could find to fit the holes of the wig cap am also getting from parabox. But I need help, I am not sure were to find some nice hair from. I usually got my hair for oc's from my little customs, but am curious to know if their are other companies that sell doll hair like saran, the thermal saran..etc out there to compare prices ventilating a wig takes a long time, and i need to make two. My girl maybe ready by fall early christmas or the new year depending on that journey. Till then i just sew,sew, and create.

Learning that its safe outside my shell too

Poofiemus

Back when I tried MLP customs, I got my hair from Dollyhair.com. She's got saran (straight and pre-curled), nylon (what MLPs use, in straight and pre-curled), acetate, polypropylene, kanekalon, and now apparently "Pilot" hair (which changes color in different temps). I've only ordered nylon, but you gotta admit that's a pretty crazy selection she's got. She also sells scents for the hair and some tools floating around.

Haven't tried ventilating a wig myself, though I know a couple people on DoA have done it, so I know it's possible at 1/3 scale. Looks like it's about as slow as re-rooting and a lot less painful on the fingers though. Something that I've heard of being done is a mix of wefting and ventilating, with the ventilating on the top of the head and around the hairline, and the parts in the middle being wefted to save time.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.